U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 06:43 PM

53 posts, read 176,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOODTOGO View Post
You must check out SOLIVITA, beautiful community with ammenties aglore

How far is from Disney area? How far to Gulf Coast Beach? Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 06:16 AM

189 posts, read 485,773 times
Smile NOT close!

We visited Solivita last yr...by EVERYONE'S account you are at least 45 minutes (good weather/no traffic) from DisneyWorld, we did east coast from there in 75 min. The problem is the limited access roads...only one from Solivita. For commuting to work at Disney, it would be difficult, though some do it. For just visiting the parks, an hour each way is what to plan on. Beautiful community though & great people & currently, GREAT buys!! For us, sadly, too far from the Mouse.

Del Webb is re-opening their Davenport location in early summer (renamed DEL WEBB ORLANDO). They had some problems as La Cresta & Pulte is the builder so investigate & then investigate again...Still, we LOVED this community when we visited & it is only 15 min from Mickey's house!

Next door to that is Ridgewood Lakes (& Golf Club)...Another very nice but smaller community.

Personally, I can't believe there aren't more 55+ communities near WDW...afterall, we are the original Mouseketeers!!

~merriweather~

Old 08-23-2013, 12:46 PM

58 posts, read 124,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
I'm moving to Orlando and am looking for a 55+ community near Disney.

I've found 4 that I like:
1) High Vista (part of Ridgewood Lakes, just south of I-4 on Hwy 27)
smaller community but seems well kept
2) Kings Ridge, Clermont
Good location, but some strange deal on the land, it's leased for 99 years
Thanks
Has anyone else heard about kings ridge land being leased for 99 years ? We are looking around this area for my mom is this something normally done for a 55 plus community?
Cheryl.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:50 PM

189 posts, read 485,773 times
No, that is news to me. And yes, there are 55+ communities where land is owned.

You might do a search in this Orlando forum. This thread is pretty old...there should be more lots more info for you.

Old 08-23-2013, 03:10 PM

26,589 posts, read 58,376,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dis2cruise View Post
Has anyone else heard about kings ridge land being leased for 99 years ? We are looking around this area for my mom is this something normally done for a 55 plus community?
Cheryl.
Not sure where you are getting that info, but it's not accurate. There is no land lease in Kings Ridge.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:33 AM

58 posts, read 124,330 times
[quote=JohnN;426566]I'm moving to Orlando and am looking for a 55+ community near Disney.

I've found 4 that I like:
1) High Vista (part of Ridgewood Lakes, just south of I-4 on Hwy 27)
smaller community but seems well kept
2) Kings Ridge, Clermont
Good location, but some strange deal on the land, it's leased for 99 years
3) The Plantation, Leesburg
Getting a bit lonely out here, but seems a nice "golf cart" community
4) The Villages
Again, I like the "golf cart" concept, but this is pretty congested.

Any thoughts on these or others? Thanks[/QUOT

It was the 1 st post on this thread...it kind of scared me since next month my mom has big hopes on planning to buying a home there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando