Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2007, 09:03 AM

2 posts, read 9,427 times

Advertisements

My husband and I have three children 12 and under and want to vacation in Orlando. We want to be able to spend at least two days at Disney World and 4-6 days in the surrounding area. I would like to know of great things to do and nice places to stay. We dont mind camping and we love to try diffrent things. All information is welcomed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2007, 09:47 AM

640 posts, read 3,074,466 times
You'd probably get better information by going to tripadvisor.com. There are forums on there and you'll get a lot of travel information.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:02 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,257,240 times
I don't know when your planning on coming, but if you are speaking of tent camping it gets pretty uncomfortable in a tent at night between say May-Oct. in central Florida due to the hummidy. Ocala National Forrest which is a bit north of Orlando has nice camping at Juniper and Alexander Springs if you want to get away from the tourist scene. Also camping on the beach. I have never been but the one every one raves about is St. Josephs but that is up around the panhandle.

Old 03-05-2007, 01:59 PM

1,418 posts, read 10,187,889 times
Central Florida really has a lot to offer for tourists. I guess that I've been to Disney World and Sea World so many times that I tend to focus on other things there are to do around here. However, there's no doubt that kids love the main theme park at Disney World. There's also other things to do at Disney when it's warm out like Blizard Beach, Ft. Wilderness, the race track, etc. Younger kids don't like Epcot all that much. Most everybody really likes Sea World. Universal would be more for those that are into roller coaster rides. Wet & Wild is the big water park on I-Drive, still pretty fun thing for kids to do.

North of Orlando in Seminole County there if you like a laid back more natural setting, there is Rock Springs and Wekiva Springs where you can camp, swim and cannoe. One of my favorite things to see is the Kennedy Space Center, about 1 hour's drive to Cape Canaveral - that's something I wouldn't pass up, it's worth a day trip and you might even be able to splash around on the beach too on Canaveral Nat. Seashore. If you have kids that love animals, I'd suggest a petting zoo farm in Kissimmee - can't remember the name right off the top of my head, but someone here will know it. It's not glamourous, but I found it worth while.

Old 03-06-2007, 02:12 PM

1,594 posts, read 5,280,794 times
The petting zoo Prichard was referring to is Green Meadow's Farm and it is so much fun (unless you don't like farm animals) but make sure you find a coupon before you go because it can save you a lot of money.

My family and I stayed at the Ron Jon Cape Caribe resort in Cocoa Beach and it was amazing. We really didn't have to go anywhere. It is on the beach, it has an amazing pool that has a huge water slide and a lazy river, a HUGE play room for the kids and even has a putt putt golf course. I would suggest going to their web site and sign up for there "hot deals" newsletter because they will send you the specials they are running and that can save you a lot. Cocoa isn't too far from Disney (50 minutes or so) especially if you plan only to go there for a few days.

PS - Cabe Caribe is a timeshare as well as a resort but they do not pressure you into buying if you are only there as a resort guest.

Old 03-23-2007, 08:19 AM

2 posts, read 9,427 times
Default Thanks

Thanks everyone for all the great info.!

Old 03-23-2007, 09:23 AM

523 posts, read 2,829,323 times
Ang123ela,
See the classfied section of this site, for beach places available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando