Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 07:09 PM

1,988 posts, read 7,148,439 times

Advertisements

Curiosity led me to look and it really overall just improved my opinion of what Kissimmee has to offer. It looks very nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 09:49 AM

2 posts, read 2,724 times
Looking to move to orlando, kissimmee area and need to know some nice areas to live. Looking for a family freindly community with nice schools and not to far from shopping. Price range of 1000-1200 a month. Any advice would be very helpful, thanks!

Old 06-05-2015, 10:07 AM

4 posts, read 16,511 times
but the HOA fees in Bellalago is ridiculous

Old 06-05-2015, 11:57 AM

536 posts, read 852,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djclasico View Post
but the HOA fees in Bellalago is ridiculous
I don't think so.

The Bellalago HOA fees are broken down into 2 parts, the actual HOA & the Bellalago Club.

The HOA is $115 a month. For that, we get 24 hour manned security at the gate house, as well as private patrol cars. It includes your exterior landscape water bill, & it includes basic BrightHouse cable TV. For $60 more per month (to BrightHouse) I get high speed internet, & a land line, & expanded cable channels. The entire community is meticulously landscaped & maintained. There's a great system of bike paths that I utilize every day. It reminds me of a tropical Golden Gate Park in San Francisco, where I used to hang out when I was younger.

The Bellalago Club fee is $138 a month. That buys you into the 3 spectacular pools, 2 spas, & 2 amenity centers with excellent gym facilities. There are extensive fitness, aerobics, zumba, dance, yoga classes with excellent paid instructors. My wife goes to them every day. It's all included in the fee. There's tennis & basketball courts & soccer fields. There's fishing & boat ramps & a lift to get into Lake Toho, & a great dock that extends way out into the lake.

The pools alone are worth $100 a month to me. That's $1,200 a year, $12,000 in ten years, $24,000 in 20 years. You couldn't build anything that would compare for more than double that price. I know. I built residential pools in Los Angeles for 2 decades. I swim laps in the 75' main pool every day. It's heated year around, as are the spas...always ready to go. You can't beat it.

If you're the type who doesn't like to swim or exercise or ride bikes or hang out by the water...then Bellalago might not be for you.

But if you're eager to utilize all the facilities...it's a great deal that my wife & I recommend highly.

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...2f&oe=55EAEB2C

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...b9&oe=55E7F294

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...6f&oe=55FCE4A0

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...1c&oe=55FD4A41

Old 06-06-2015, 01:09 AM

24,404 posts, read 26,951,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokerHarry View Post
I don't think so.

The Bellalago HOA fees are broken down into 2 parts, the actual HOA & the Bellalago Club.

The HOA is $115 a month. For that, we get 24 hour manned security at the gate house, as well as private patrol cars. It includes your exterior landscape water bill, & it includes basic BrightHouse cable TV. For $60 more per month (to BrightHouse) I get high speed internet, & a land line, & expanded cable channels. The entire community is meticulously landscaped & maintained. There's a great system of bike paths that I utilize every day. It reminds me of a tropical Golden Gate Park in San Francisco, where I used to hang out when I was younger.

The Bellalago Club fee is $138 a month. That buys you into the 3 spectacular pools, 2 spas, & 2 amenity centers with excellent gym facilities. There are extensive fitness, aerobics, zumba, dance, yoga classes with excellent paid instructors. My wife goes to them every day. It's all included in the fee. There's tennis & basketball courts & soccer fields. There's fishing & boat ramps & a lift to get into Lake Toho, & a great dock that extends way out into the lake.

The pools alone are worth $100 a month to me. That's $1,200 a year, $12,000 in ten years, $24,000 in 20 years. You couldn't build anything that would compare for more than double that price. I know. I built residential pools in Los Angeles for 2 decades. I swim laps in the 75' main pool every day. It's heated year around, as are the spas...always ready to go. You can't beat it.

If you're the type who doesn't like to swim or exercise or ride bikes or hang out by the water...then Bellalago might not be for you.

But if you're eager to utilize all the facilities...it's a great deal that my wife & I recommend highly.

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...2f&oe=55EAEB2C

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...b9&oe=55E7F294

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...6f&oe=55FCE4A0

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...1c&oe=55FD4A41
Is the Bellalago Club fee mandatory for residence?

If so, then breaking into two is a bit misleading. It's common for HOA fees to cover community pools, gyms, meeting rooms in addition to some utilities, public space maintenance, security etc.

Old 06-06-2015, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Is the Bellalago Club fee mandatory for residence?

If so, then breaking into two is a bit misleading. It's common for HOA fees to cover community pools, gyms, meeting rooms in addition to some utilities, public space maintenance, security etc.
That's how they do it in Bellalago, Mr BMW.

Two mandatory monthly fees, paid into 2 separate accounts. $115 + $138 = $253 a month total.

We consider that a very reasonable price, in response to poster djclasico's earlier opinion, saying it's "ridiculous".

Old 06-06-2015, 06:27 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,214 times
Quote:

Two mandatory monthly fees, paid into 2 separate accounts. $115 + $138 = $253 a month total.

We consider that a very reasonable price, in response to poster djclasico's earlier opinion, saying it's "ridiculous".
What you save in HOA fees, you spend in gas ...

Old 06-06-2015, 04:06 PM

24,404 posts, read 26,951,108 times
Quote:

Well if it's mandatory, than just say the HOA is $253/month, which is high for Central Florida standards.

The problem with resort-style HOA communities is they always get more expensive, which makes long-term living a pain in the butt. $138/month for some pools and a gym sounds pretty steep. You could get annual passes to multiple water parks and sign-up with a top tier gym for less per month. It just seems like a lot considering the far out location of Bellalago.

Old 06-06-2015, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Well if it's mandatory, than just say the HOA is $253/month, which is high for Central Florida standards.

The problem with resort-style HOA communities is they always get more expensive, which makes long-term living a pain in the butt. $138/month for some pools and a gym sounds pretty steep. You could get annual passes to multiple water parks and sign-up with a top tier gym for less per month. It just seems like a lot considering the far out location of Bellalago.
For you, it might be too much, & too far out.

But to me...Bellalago is an excellent value.

I started working for Winn Dixie at $1.25 an hour, back in Jax Beach, when I was 16.

Almost 5 decades later, I have a pretty good feel for the value of my money.

PS.

The Bellalago HOA went down by $25, effective 2 months ago, in April. It was $278. Now its $253.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:37 PM

680 posts, read 1,921,278 times
Quote:

Where are you going to get a gym, cable, lawn care, three pools, AND a manned gate for less than $253? The cable and lawn care alone have a value of over $150 that virtually everyone is going to use...

That actually sounds like a tremendous value that I would gladly pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando