Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 10:26 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,051,088 times

Advertisements

Cover Florida Health Care

I don't know how good it will be, but just letting everyone know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 01:28 PM

1,594 posts, read 5,281,316 times
The plans look pretty good. A lot better than I expected. Thanks so much for the info!

Old 01-02-2009, 05:02 PM

The plans look OK to me, but if you get the combined preventative and catastrophic, it comes out to $300 for a female 37. That's still too pricey for me.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:09 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,711,238 times
It looks to me like you pick either / or...not combined....the 'catastrophic' looks to be a step up from the preventive...you get all the same preventive...and then some added stuff. But even then, it still isn't really all that affordable.

But I dare say, the catastrophic coverage does not really cover anything truly , well, catastrophic. Its more like, minor emergencies. Heaven forbid you have a heart attack or something. You are still screwed.

But hopefully, folks will seek the preventive, and hopefully prevent such events from occuring.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrotrosie View Post
It looks to me like you pick either / or...not combined....the 'catastrophic' looks to be a step up from the preventive...you get all the same preventive...and then some added stuff. But even then, it still isn't really all that affordable.

But I dare say, the catastrophic coverage does not really cover anything truly , well, catastrophic. Its more like, minor emergencies. Heaven forbid you have a heart attack or something. You are still screwed.

But hopefully, folks will seek the preventive, and hopefully prevent such events from occuring.
For the basic stuff, they have a Family Health Center here. They work on a sliding fee. It ends up costing us $10 for doctors' visits, $10 for bloodwork, $10 -$15 for scripts. The care is fine and it's really resonable. In Pa, I know they have plans for low-income ppl at $20 a month. Wish they had that here.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
For the basic stuff, they have a Family Health Center here. They work on a sliding fee. It ends up costing us $10 for doctors' visits, $10 for bloodwork, $10 -$15 for scripts. The care is fine and it's really resonable. In Pa, I know they have plans for low-income ppl at $20 a month. Wish they had that here.
If they do have such a plan here in PA you must have to be destitute. I don't know anything about it at all.

I do know we have an incredible plan for our children, which I am happy for...children suffer such neglect , even with the great CHIP plan in place in our state. I can hardly convince parents to bring their kids in for dental care when it costs them nothing for the plan and nothing in the way of copays to our office.....go figure....

I think one of the ways that medical is going to head in the future is the CVS type , quickie med clinics...which I think are great...go in , no appt needed, get a diagnosis for minor things, and get a script if you need one...for pretty cheap. What you described sounds pretty decent also! I am going from a situation where it costs us $$80 per month under the DH plan to cover myself and the kiddo to costing us $700 per month.....ouchie!!!! She and I both have asthma tho, and we need the coverage so,...pay it we shall. One trip to the hospital will break our bank. I will be looking for work that pays benefits tho, so it looks like some hi volume dental office for me and probably a few more hours than I would really care to work but....gotta do it.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:10 PM

Beckycat...lol

I found what you were referring to for our PA ins.....

PA Insurance: aB waitlist (http://www.ins.state.pa.us/ins/cwp/view.asp?a=1336&Q=543301&PM=1 - broken link)

It's $35 per month, but while you are on the 'waiting list.." lol....which averages a year or more, you are elligilble to pay the regular fee of $305 per month...but that does not impact your elligiblity to get the cheaper rate...eventually....omg.....lol....

It's a little ridiculous....sorry.....I guess having insurance after a year is better than never having any. I cannot find the elligibilty requirements tho as far as finances so....thanks tho for the heads up, I can recommend it to my patients that ask me. I didn't know about the program at all. Our state does a great job at letting us residents know about it...lol!!!

Old 01-03-2009, 03:05 PM

For the kids here, we have FL Healthy Kids. It's $20/mo for 2 kids. It's just like the Chip program. Maybe you can use the new plan and it will be less. Here are the qualifications for PA http://www.ins.state.pa.us/ins/cwp/view.asp?a=1336&Q=543280&PM=1 (broken link).

Old 01-05-2009, 06:24 PM

872 posts, read 1,712,744 times
You can get better rates and better coverage going with Blue Cross Blue Shield. You can combine the Go Blue PLan with a Hospitalization/Surgical Plan for a very reasonable rate.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogercobb View Post
You can get better rates and better coverage going with Blue Cross Blue Shield. You can combine the Go Blue PLan with a Hospitalization/Surgical Plan for a very reasonable rate.
Less than the new plan? Good coverage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando