U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 09:24 PM

631 posts, read 1,657,608 times

Advertisements

All other crime in Orlando decreased except for Murder - and as I said and many people have said; stay away from the areas where 99.99999999999999999% of these murders take place and you will be just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 09:28 PM

72 posts, read 105,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshire81182 View Post
Bleh to pushing religion on people. I agree with the rest you said though.
Nobody said pushing religion on people. If they did know more about God and how to be a good person, they wouldnt be committing these crimes. Period. So dont say "bleh" as it seems disrespectful. thx.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoktober View Post
All other crime in Orlando decreased except for Murder - and as I said and many people have said; stay away from the areas where 99.99999999999999999% of these murders take place and you will be just fine.

Not exactly. The black guy that shot the other one in daylight hours, in front of people at an apartment complex, that was real close to my house. And that hispanic man that shot his ex-wife's boyfriend through the door at that apartment complex, that was also close to my house.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:01 AM

631 posts, read 1,657,608 times
So you live in the area where most of the murders in Orlando occur...
Because that was in the hood.

PS: There are many people out there who are much nicer and treat people with a lot more compassion than Religious people. Don't use such blanket statements. Crime isn't about God. In fact if you really want to get into why people kill, it could be definitely debated that religion and the lack of care for anyone outside of their religion/social circle could be the cause of such social deviance. Those gold plated, trillion dollar churches in Dr. Phillips? I havent once seen anything about them going downtown to help out those less fortunate.

Back on topic - The majority of Orlando's murders are concentrated in one central area. Sorry you live near there.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:03 AM

1,012 posts, read 1,739,146 times
Quote:

PS: There are many people out there who are much nicer and treat people with a lot more compassion than Religious people. Don't use such blanket statements. Crime isn't about God. In fact if you really want to get into why people kill, it could be definitely debated that religion and the lack of care for anyone outside of their religion/social circle could be the cause of such social deviance. Those gold plated, trillion dollar churches in Dr. Phillips? I havent once seen anything about them going downtown to help out those less fortunate.

Back on topic - The majority of Orlando's murders are concentrated in one central area. Sorry you live near there.
As an outsider, looking to move there, and observing that map with great intention, it does not look like one central area to me, I am sorry to say. It does look like two concentrated areas with other murders speckled outside those areas.

Also, with those types of murders being drug/gang related, I think that increases your chances of becoming a random victim of a 'drive by' collateral damage victim of sorts. We had looked at East Orlando, and then over there at Windermere, Independence area and decided against that due to the gang influence that appears to be there. I would rather have my car stolen than be a victim of gang violence or have my child drawn into that kind of lifestyle by going to school with those kids.

We have decided to pass on OC all together and stick within the Seminole county limits due to these types of events.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:31 AM

5,973 posts, read 3,599,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrotrosie View Post
We have decided to pass on OC all together and stick within the Seminole county limits due to these types of events.
That is a great decision. In my opinion Seminole County is the best county in Central Florida.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:05 AM

Quote:

I live in the 32828 zipcode, Waterford/Avalon areas... if you would have read the article, you could see what area I am talking about where those incidents occured.. They didnt happen in the "ghetto."

Old 01-03-2009, 08:11 PM

96 posts, read 274,411 times
Default Felons...

It's no secret that there is a 'sect' of people that know no other way to settle disputes but with violence. Whether these thugs are in gangs or just trying to be 'bad', if you get one alone, they punk out and are nothing. I read these blogs, especially from Florida, that are filled with confusion as to what can be done. Florida has judges that slap the fingers of terroristic felons due to fear themselves. All the cops can do is charge them with a crime, (over,&over&over again), only to watch them get probation & community service for their deeds.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:58 PM

"So you live in the area where most of the murders in Orlando occur...
Because that was in the hood."

I wasnt aware that Waterford Lakes and Avalon areas were "in the hood." thanks for the heads up! Orlando must be gettin' as bad as advertised if where I live is considered "the hood."

Old 01-03-2009, 09:08 PM

1,012 posts, read 1,739,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Web B. Rowser View Post
"So you live in the area where most of the murders in Orlando occur...
Because that was in the hood."

I wasnt aware that Waterford Lakes and Avalon areas were "in the hood." thanks for the heads up! Orlando must be gettin' as bad as advertised if where I live is considered "the hood."
LOL....we were seriously looking in your area, and I would hardly call it the 'hood' or the 'ghetto'...

It's really quite nice and it was a tough decision to go to Seminole County because we really cannot get quite as nice a home for our money doing it that way. We really liked Stoney Brook and Eastwood areas particulary...very nice, upscale, new and fresh areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando