U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 02:21 PM

631 posts, read 1,666,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Of the 123 murders in Orange County there was 1 in Winter park, 2 in Eatonville, 4 in South Orlando/Hunter's Creek and 6 in East Orlando. The other 100+ murders happened in neighborhoods that are historically known as impoverished high crime communities. Southeast Orlando (South Semoran area) has been known as a high crime area for some time now as has the 441 corridor leading all the way up to APK. Again my point is that the vast majority murders happen in impoverished, drug and gun ridden areas. Crime can occur anywhere but generally speaking no one is dodgeing bullets in Thornton Park or Baldin Park. We need to focus on stemming the crime where it happens.
Thank you, Crane's Rooster for providing facts. Hopefully this will end this for once and for all. 107 of the 123 were in the same vicinity. I would also love to know about the other 7 murders and what the facts surrounding them were....IE: Domestic, or Drug related.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 02:35 PM

I found some info -
#

Domestic

Nelly Santiago
Incident Date: August 22, 2008

Santiago was found Stabbed in her home about 9:20 p.m. after her boyfriend called emergency dispatchers saying she was laying on the ground and needed help. Her boyfriend was arrested. She had suffered years of domestic abuse, relatives said.

#

John Rodriguez
Incident Date: Feb. 28, 2008

Rodriguez was at his girfriend's apartment when her ex-husband fired three shots through the bedroom door and killed him, deputies said. Rodriguez was holding the door shut from the inside. The incident took place at about 1 a.m.

The one in Winter Park was in "that" area of Winter Park and says the person stabbed the other in self defense. It's very vague.

One near UCF was actually a scary one where someone was stabbed to death over road rage. Then again I know not to mess with idiots on the road no matter where I live.

I think Eatonville is an Orlando treasure, but sadly it too is an area known for criminal activity.
" A fight broke out in the parking plot of the Denton Johnson Community Center about 2 a.m. The center was rented for a birthday party. Strong was shot once in the neck and once in the abdomen with a semi-automatic" Semi-Automatic indicates this wasn't a regular mugger - robber. This was a gangster.

Old 01-06-2009, 02:52 PM

5,973 posts, read 3,670,624 times
blueoktober can you give us some info on the young lady that was raped and killed in Blanchard Park in East Orlando(UCF Area)? Or was that gang related also?

Old 01-06-2009, 03:00 PM

8,182 posts, read 11,508,370 times
Default How to change things?

Don't be so quick to blame the law enforcement, blame the laws.

It's gotten so that there seems to be a revolving door at the court house and jail.....and the bad guys know it.

They arrested a guy the other day that had 34 felonies....which tells the story. Law Enforcement are arresting them, but the courts are letting them go.

Blame the bleeding hearts that think a slap on the hands is punishment enough.

The bad guys aren't afraid of the punishment anymore. AND they know that their families are going to boohoo to the media that the bad guy was mistreated, such a good boy...blah blah blah.

Until we get a grip on the system, there really isn't much the police can do.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
blueoktober can you give us some info on the young lady that was raped and killed in Blanchard Park in East Orlando(UCF Area)? Or was that gang related also?
Can't you ever get your own facts? I would do it for you but no matter what I write you're against it. Haven't you moved yet anyway?

Old 01-07-2009, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoktober View Post
Can't you ever get your own facts? I would do it for you but no matter what I write you're against it. Haven't you moved yet anyway?
I know the facts, and know that many of the killing that occured are not all gang related or drug related. Some are just random acts of violence like the UCF student that was raped and killed. You are trying to imply that all the killings occured in the OBT/Pine Hills areas when the map cleary shows it occured all over Orange County. You are doing a great disrespect to the families of these murdered victims.

Healing begins - News

Old 01-07-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoktober View Post
Haven't you moved yet anyway?
I will be moving soon and it is not because of the crime, the crime does not bother since I have always lived in major metro areas. It just irritates me when people try to convince newcomers that Orlando is "so" safe, when we are the murder capital of Florida, it is simply not true. That does not mean that Orlando may not be the perfect city for someone moving to Florida, but they should not move here thinking Orlando has minimal crime.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:24 PM

2 posts, read 2,487 times
Please don't teach more kids about religion. It is ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando