Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 12:15 PM

112 posts, read 428,136 times

Advertisements

I have traveled almost every state in the union (excluding Alaska and Hawaii), and I have Never experienced as many Toll Booths scattered in and about such a small concentrated area as the Orlando bypasses. They have been there as far as I can remember. My question is will the toll booths ever pay for the road and then disappear like in most all other cases around the U. S. or will they be here for eternity. I always ask the toll booth cashiers if Orlando has the most toll booths per capti in the world,and they hesitate awhile and then say ",NO". I really dont believe them. I will have to check out the McGuinnus book of world records to find the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2007, 02:20 PM

14 posts, read 39,493 times
Have you ever been to NJ/NY ?

Old 03-12-2007, 11:10 AM

Default My girlfriend used to live in Long Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDiva View Post
She cant believe the amout of toll booths in Orlando compared to NY, as a matter af fact she wonders if you have ever been to Orlando?? The difference is in N Y they have one expensive toll booth that basically covers all, where as in Orlando
the road is dotted with toll booths thus having to stop at every toll booth consumes so so much time because of the tollbooth traffic jams backed up for miles that it really defeats the purpose of taking a toll road bypass. Would you rather pay money to wait for a toll booth or save money and wait for a traffic light.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:41 PM

1,683 posts, read 8,211,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by discontented lot owner View Post
She cant believe the amout of toll booths in Orlando compared to NY, as a matter af fact she wonders if you have ever been to Orlando?? The difference is in N Y they have one expensive toll booth that basically covers all, where as in Orlando
the road is dotted with toll booths thus having to stop at every toll booth consumes so so much time because of the tollbooth traffic jams backed up for miles that it really defeats the purpose of taking a toll road bypass. Would you rather pay money to wait for a toll booth or save money and wait for a traffic light.
That's what Epass is all about..it's great...we just zoom right through those toll booths.

Old 03-13-2007, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogal View Post
That's what Epass is all about..it's great...we just zoom right through those toll booths.
I am sure that the E pass is the way to go, but my main question :
Is the road ever going to get paid for???? In Melbourne they used to toll the Pineda causeway when I lived ther in the 80s, but then it finally got paid for, and they stopped the tolls. The tolls in orlando have been going on for decades- I guess that it will never end.

Old 03-14-2007, 07:49 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,295,651 times
I wouldn't have such a problem with it if they'd provide a way to pay the toll on some of these.... There are some exits off of the Greenway that have unmanned toll booths asking from $.25 to $.75 and have no way of paying if you have no change at the time....

To be fair, there's one in particular at 434/Alafaya and 417 that I have blown off out of necessity on many occasions and have never received a ticket, so I guess they understand, but dang....

Old 03-14-2007, 07:52 PM

8 posts, read 36,988 times
Yeah right? ROFL!!!

You have to realize that we live in a Tourist area, and we also keep our roads very nice, so the money doesn't go to waste that's for sure and our cars' suspensions and tires last longer. Try a GWB pothole or two while paying tons of tolls! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDiva View Post

Old 03-14-2007, 07:56 PM

8 posts, read 36,988 times
Yes, that was one of the first things I became alerted to when I moved here, so for those of you moving here from elsewhere, always have some emergency quarters handy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post
I wouldn't have such a problem with it if they'd provide a way to pay the toll on some of these.... There are some exits off of the Greenway that have unmanned toll booths asking from $.25 to $.75 and have no way of paying if you have no change at the time....

To be fair, there's one in particular at 434/Alafaya and 417 that I have blown off out of necessity on many occasions and have never received a ticket, so I guess they understand, but dang....

Old 03-15-2007, 11:13 AM

Default Fair is Fair -refund please???!!!

It seems fair if the tollroads are congested, they should let you go free because they are NOT doing their job which is supposed to be providing swift speedy transportation. When you see the side roads traveling faster than the toll road you are on makes me wonder why did they OVERSELL? That would be like paying for a beer keg to find out that it is Nearbeer.

Old 03-16-2007, 09:12 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,901,741 times
The greenway is still faster compared to alot of the Orlando highways even with the toll booths. I've never been held up there. And I think there will ALWAYS be tolls in Orlando just because it's so touristy and they can. We wanted to to to Orlando from Miami and paid about $17 one way because we thought it would would be shorter...it wasn't. If you ever have to do this, just take 95 and save the dough. It really isn't that much of a difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando