Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 03:13 PM

460 posts, read 2,344,413 times

Advertisements

Hello! My husband and I and our 3 children will be relocating to central Florida in late Aug./early Sept and are looking for a house or apt to rent while we build a home.
Does anyone know of an apt community that does not check credit??? My husband had some minor past credit problems but is now back on track, but it seems like everyone checks your credit nowadays....
Also, we are wondering how much lots of land are down there? And is there any lots that you can buy and build yourself, without using a builder?? Thats seems to be all that we have seen so far.
I did find some lots online for sale, but I have heard that sometimes these lots have no roads etc on them and so cannot be built on till sometime in the future? Ack!!
We want to start building this winter, as soon as we get down there.

Thank you for any info you can give,
Jen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2007, 07:46 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,295,651 times
Well, any apartment complex that doesn't check your credit is a complex that you probably wouldn't want to live in..... My credit has been slammed upon the rocky shore and is just beginning to recover, so from my experience I can tell you that you will most likely be approved for most apartment complexes, you'll just have to pay a larger deposit worst case scenario.... Don't worry.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:12 PM

LOL! Thank you for replying! it helps me to feel better that someone else has not-so-great credit and managed to find a place....

Old 03-15-2007, 08:19 PM

No problem... Yeah, I keep calling mine "not-so-great", but I'll be honest.... It sucks...

Old 03-15-2007, 08:28 PM

LMBO..... Now, were you able to find a "decent" place to rent? I just posted in another thread about how hard it seems to be to weed out the crappy places to rent. I had a horror story about living in a new apartment complex here in Illinois where there were brand new aprtments, really nice, and then all these HORRIBLE people living there, ACK!, it was awful. We were paying 635.00 a month to live there, but most of these people paid 0 to maybe 50.00 a month!!!!
Just dont want to run into something like that again.............

Let me just say that what I meant by "horrible" was that there were people who threw their couches out their living room windows (really!) and another time that a lady on drugs drove her car through the patio doors of the aprtment right below us.(Yes, really!!) She kept backing up, and driving her car through the livingroom again and again! We were on the second floor and had we been on the first floor where this happened, my infant daughter would have been killed, as she was swinging in her swing in the livingroom.....

Old 03-16-2007, 10:32 AM

1,594 posts, read 5,282,442 times
I would look for an apartment or house that is being rented by the owner - they are more likely to skip the credit check since it will be coming out of their pockets. I would look in the classifieds, on Craig's List. com or drive through communities with your cell phone and call ones with signs out front. I was driving through this new community here is Kissimmee called Estancia and they had a ton of rent signs out front and the neighborhood is very nice.

I have a friend that has had a foreclosure on her house and has rented from Lake Heron Apartments here in Kissimmee and they are very lenient about your credit history. The complex is pretty nice and quiet as well because it is on the higher end of price for the area. She pays $1050 for a 3 bedroom 2 bath but compared to other areas of Central Florida this is not bad.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:09 PM

1 posts, read 3,976 times
Where do you plan on living? You have to remember the bigger towns will ask for more money in security and YES they will check credit history.

Old 03-17-2007, 06:06 PM

Hello! Thank you for your replies! We are not sure exactly what town we will be living in, since its really all up to what we can rent without having our credit pulled or maybe finding a place that will rent to us anyway. We dont have to live right in Orlando, maybe a smaller town nearby?

Old 03-18-2007, 07:40 AM

523 posts, read 2,830,147 times
I know most apts will rent to you if you have no evictions, and a good rental history, even if your credit score is low, If no good rental history, then they get deposit and or 1st month rent. My sister moved from from PA, with good credit, but no job, She paid 3mos up front in order to get apt, no one wanted to rent to her until she got job.

Old 03-18-2007, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceandreams94 View Post
LMBO..... Now, were you able to find a "decent" place to rent? I just posted in another thread about how hard it seems to be to weed out the crappy places to rent. I had a horror story about living in a new apartment complex here in Illinois where there were brand new aprtments, really nice, and then all these HORRIBLE people living there, ACK!, it was awful. We were paying 635.00 a month to live there, but most of these people paid 0 to maybe 50.00 a month!!!!
Just dont want to run into something like that again.............
Yeah, we're living in a great apartment complex in Winter Springs (15 minutes or so north of Orlando). Had to pay an increased deposit, but as someone already mentioned, so long as your rental history is solid you should be fine..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando