Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 01:28 PM

30 posts, read 622,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj_fla View Post
Deerwood is one of the best schools around. Most of the elementary schools in Osceola county are doing pretty well. It is when the children get to Middle then High School that you will see problems. Poinciana High School is one of the lowest performing schools in the state. Liberty High School is better but not by much. For Middle Schools, Horizon Middle is the best choice.

I would avoid the areas in Poinciana that are on the older side (15+ years). Specifically those near the Walmart. Polk County side is considered more desirable. My advice would be to stick to the 34746 area code which is not really Poinciana but is not far and has much better schools and a lot less crime. Also look into homes off of Ham Brown and Poinciana Blvd. When your children get to high school ages then look into out of zoning them if the High Schools are not better by then.
I agree. I'm currently looking for a house. Houses I'm looking for is in 34746 and 34758 (Ham Brown and Poinciana Blvd area). The prices are reasonable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 04:13 PM

8 posts, read 21,896 times
I really like the possibility of being closer to Orlando to shorten my commute. However my mother lives all the way in the north western part of Poinciana and I didnt want to be too far from her either. Her neighborhood/block is absolutely BEAUTIFUL, as is her home, but from some of the things Ive read on this board that shouldnt/couldnt be possible up there lol. IDK. But I would probably be looking for something in her zip code 34758. If I cant find anything I like there then Im open to other zip codes though the shorter the commute the better.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:20 AM

30 posts, read 622,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Merc View Post
I really like the possibility of being closer to Orlando to shorten my commute. However my mother lives all the way in the north western part of Poinciana and I didnt want to be too far from her either. Her neighborhood/block is absolutely BEAUTIFUL, as is her home, but from some of the things Ive read on this board that shouldnt/couldnt be possible up there lol. IDK. But I would probably be looking for something in her zip code 34758. If I cant find anything I like there then Im open to other zip codes though the shorter the commute the better.

Have you tried Hunter's Creek? It's in south Orlando. Good location for you between your mother's home and work.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:01 AM

8 posts, read 21,896 times
Hunters Creek huh? I'll check that out. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando