Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 10:42 AM

1 posts, read 2,826 times

Advertisements

How is the Sunset Lake condo on Kirrkman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 11:26 PM

717 posts, read 2,808,931 times
I agree with all the above--I would not move to Metrowest...too close to too many problem areas and it has spilled over into Metrowest. I have lived in Hunter's Creek for 5 years and am very happy here. However, if I had to hike over to UCF, I would be looking at Waterford Lakes, Lake Nona, or Oveido.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:58 AM

54 posts, read 397,805 times
i'd steer clear of metrowest or kirkman area in general. if you're looking for proximity to UCF and ease of access to downtown Orlando, your best bet is Winter Park, Oviedo, and Winter Springs. I would say Winter Park is probably the most affluent of the 3 and has some very nice, beautiful, safe areas. There happens to be an abundance of police officers though, so you can't get away with speeding, ever. Oviedo is closer to UCF and is a very nice area, and only 20-25 mins from downtown Orlando.

Like I said, Metrowest and Kirkman are not safe areas. They are also quite a travel from UCF. Winter Garden has some decent areas, but again, this is even further from UCF. UCF is located on the far Eastside of town, and all these places are on the Westside of town. I would pass on Ocoee too if you're trying to stay in nicer, safer areas. Stick clear of North Kirkman, West Colonial Drive, etc. Generally, the nicest areas on the Westside of town are Southwest Orlando. The nicest areas on the Eastside of town are Northeast Orlando.

Old 03-28-2015, 07:07 PM

2 posts, read 1,976 times
Long term Floridian will tell you to avoid the Orl metro area. I cannot think of any hour w/I an hour's drive of Orange Co, that is not seeing a higher rate of crime each year. The low wages & lack-of-good jobs is a major factor in the ability to survive in the state.

Read the newspapers from Orange, Polk, Osceola, Seminole and Lake County before you make a decision that you will not be easily able to unload. Once a buyer commits in the state, selling the property again, is not always easy.

Old 03-28-2015, 07:11 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherm KC View Post
Long term Floridian will tell you to avoid the Orl metro area. I cannot think of any hour w/I an hour's drive of Orange Co, that is not seeing a higher rate of crime each year. The low wages & lack-of-good jobs is a major factor in the ability to survive in the state.

Read the newspapers from Orange, Polk, Osceola, Seminole and Lake County before you make a decision that you will not be easily able to unload. Once a buyer commits in the state, selling the property again, is not always easy.
Homes are selling in a matter of days in my neighborhood. Sounds like you just made some bad decisions.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:02 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,790,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherm KC View Post

Really gtfoh troll!!!

Old 03-29-2015, 06:16 AM

782 posts, read 1,368,743 times
Well, from the local newspaper in my area, here's the list of what sold last week. (There's 80 on the list, and that doesn't include new home sales, of course.)
Isleworth home sells for $3.45 million - West Orange Times & Observer - West Orange Times & Observer

And according to 2014/2015 Year to Date comparison for the sector that I live in, our crime is down 3%.
http://www.orangecountyfl.net/Portal...%203-16-15.pdf
(see slide #73)

Old 03-29-2015, 07:59 PM

605 posts, read 711,907 times
Yeah, I'm not so sure about that guy's position. We are coming down in about 3-4 weeks, and we have been watching the housing market for the last 7 months. We see the prices going up rather quickly in that short amount of time, and most every property I mark as a possibility has sold. We want to try and buy pretty quickly once we get there so we don't get priced out. We will rent to start, but don't want to rent for a whole year. We will have to work hard to figure out exactly where we want to settle and then be ready to jump on new listings as they come on the market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando