Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 12:42 PM

1,000 posts, read 3,346,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
State workers don't get pay raises.
I'm more or less a state worker here in NC where we didn't get raises either this year...it's happening all over not just the Orlando area.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:52 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinsMama View Post
I'm more or less a state worker here in NC where we didn't get raises either this year...it's happening all over not just the Orlando area.
My husband works for a Fortune 100, the maximum raise this year was 1.5% regardless of your payband and over 50% of employees including all executives got nothing.

Old 03-27-2010, 10:13 AM

19 posts, read 113,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Check out Winter Springs, Lake Mary, Winter Park, and Longwood. All are safe and homes in many price ranges in those areas.
I agree with these suggestions. (Lake Mary may be your best bet as far as proximity to your job.)

Old 03-27-2010, 05:55 PM

76 posts, read 242,446 times
I've already noticed a growth in crime in my neighborhood. Used to be pretty quiet at night, just the occasional bum. Now these very shady looking people hang out across the street at night, i've had them chase my car yelling at me, and try to follow me into my parking garage. One got in and was like, HELP HELP THESE GUYS ARE RIGHT OUTSIDE AND ARE TRYING TO KILL ME....i ended up calling 911 it was a mess. Have heard gunshots as well. I wont comment on the demographic of any of these people, but i'll say it goes along with what you guys on this forum have been saying.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:03 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,749 times
where do you live?

Old 03-27-2010, 08:44 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
where do you live?
@8move8away8

Old 03-27-2010, 09:08 PM

18,116 posts, read 11,749,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
@8move8away8

You are not required to answer this or post your personal information on City-Data. In fact I will delete it.

Old 03-27-2010, 10:25 PM

1,000 posts, read 3,346,282 times
In GLS' defense, this guy's posts are a little suspect. One post says he has kids in private school living in a $500,000 house and another posts says he has three roommates one of which was robbed and talking about apartment fires in his apartment buildings. If he's telling the truth, great but if he posts about crime and safety in an area he lives in on an open forum, don't people have a right to ask about the general vicinity of where he lives. I don't think anyone was asking for a specific street address or house number.

Old 03-28-2010, 01:17 AM

76 posts, read 242,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinsMama View Post
In GLS' defense, this guy's posts are a little suspect. One post says he has kids in private school living in a $500,000 house and another posts says he has three roommates one of which was robbed and talking about apartment fires in his apartment buildings. If he's telling the truth, great but if he posts about crime and safety in an area he lives in on an open forum, don't people have a right to ask about the general vicinity of where he lives. I don't think anyone was asking for a specific street address or house number.
Having been to Orlando, Baltimore, suburbs of Chicago, and numerous other places for my job, I can't begin to tell you how much crime I've experienced. Let me give you an example. In Orlando, these people use our basketball hoop without our permission, we take the hoop down so they cant play with it. and at 8:45pm or so, they decided to dent our garage with a huge rock they found in the neighbors yard, and we saw them trying to run away! I think they are like, "They didn't let us use the basketball hoop so now they will pay!" They go on other people's property, mine for example, and they don't even ask us if they can play! And i looked at them when they tried running away so i couldnt see them, and thought "I" was the one with the problem. There was 5 of them. 5 awful, scary looking kids. Now its my question, How much money would they have to pay if they dented a garage door, with a neighbors bigish rock, and the dent is about the size of a circle if u made it with your hands??? or about an inch?? This town is horrible for that, according to my friend from New Jersey, because they stole the rock from their house. I've stuck it out though, and have a right to inform others. Also, i never intended to give out my address, and if you had paid attention you would see Orlando is the topic at hand.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:21 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8move8away8 View Post
Having been to Orlando, Baltimore, suburbs of Chicago, and numerous other places for my job, I can't begin to tell you how much crime I've experienced. Let me give you an example. In Orlando, these people use our basketball hoop without our permission, we take the hoop down so they cant play with it. and at 8:45pm or so, they decided to dent our garage with a huge rock they found in the neighbors yard, and we saw them trying to run away! I think they are like, "They didn't let us use the basketball hoop so now they will pay!" They go on other people's property, mine for example, and they don't even ask us if they can play! And i looked at them when they tried running away so i couldnt see them, and thought "I" was the one with the problem. There was 5 of them. 5 awful, scary looking kids. Now its my question, How much money would they have to pay if they dented a garage door, with a neighbors bigish rock, and the dent is about the size of a circle if u made it with your hands??? or about an inch?? This town is horrible for that, according to my friend from New Jersey, because they stole the rock from their house. I've stuck it out though, and have a right to inform others. Also, i never intended to give out my address, and if you had paid attention you would see Orlando is the topic at hand.
Maybe you chose your neighborhood poorly. We don't have that type of problem in my neighborhood. Of course we also have a basketball court that the kids can play on. It's used everynight unless it's pouring out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando