Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 03:03 AM

6 posts, read 19,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu walters View Post
hi bought house threw floridachoice offered 32 weeks for 3 years i got a contract saying so they also failed me is all they want is youre money and when theyve got it they walk away dont you mr woodward luckily i sacked there company before i would have lost the house its now rented long term with great company on the 192 everybody please dont use florida choice hopefully theyll go bankrupt and move back to uk and claim benefits like the rest of them lol
Stu,
Thanks for your post..
Did you buy in Legacy Park? Who are you renting it out with and how much for?
Obviously I considered long-term rental and tried and failed bit managed to negotiate with Florida choice but it was very lenghty!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 03:09 AM

6 posts, read 19,941 times
Thanks for your post, I'm sorry it's taken me a while to respond
I'm glad someone like you has passion for the community and wish I could do more to help.
I always get cards inviting me to the HOA meetings but that isn't plausible. Perhaps you could suggest some form of e-mail voting? I would be happy to assist.
Any update on the HOA or the cable situation? has the cable skyrocketed? I haven't been billed by anyone since it dropped out of the HOA so do I have to organise it myself? The management firm haven't mentioned it to me.

Also, can you tell me if anything has been built in the Towns recently? when I was last there in Sep 2007, there were plans to build a medical centre and also more houses alond the side of Chelsea Drive (facing the publix supermarket diretion)

Cheers
Ian

Old 08-08-2009, 07:21 AM

3 posts, read 7,326 times
hi mate bought in the towns of legacy park 2 bed 2.5 bath really nice house florida choice are a disgrace to british people didnt even get 20 weeks in the year when they guarenteed 32 weeks 4 3 years even got contract saying so .they gave me $1000 compo then when i got that things didnt get any better so asked them to stop managing the property with imediate effect now its rented full time and as been for the last year at $980 per month the tennants pay all bills i just pay mortgage and hoa fees just stick in there and DONT SELL NOW the market will change next year as surplus house stock is getting low try the dibb i got loads of rentals from them im going to live the dream in next 1-2 years going to buy buisness that qualifys me this countrys just full of scrounging immigrants from eastern europe "before any do gooders say ill be immagrant the difference is ill work damn hard for my family and not expect handouts from hard working brits" njoy any advice mate just email me and well have a chat

Old 08-09-2009, 11:08 AM

6 posts, read 36,372 times
Default Legacy Park - Please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu walters View Post
hi mate bought in the towns of legacy park 2 bed 2.5 bath really nice house florida choice are a disgrace to british people didnt even get 20 weeks in the year when they guarenteed 32 weeks 4 3 years even got contract saying so .they gave me $1000 compo then when i got that things didnt get any better so asked them to stop managing the property with imediate effect now its rented full time and as been for the last year at $980 per month the tennants pay all bills i just pay mortgage and hoa fees just stick in there and DONT SELL NOW the market will change next year as surplus house stock is getting low try the dibb i got loads of rentals from them im going to live the dream in next 1-2 years going to buy buisness that qualifys me this countrys just full of scrounging immigrants from eastern europe "before any do gooders say ill be immagrant the difference is ill work damn hard for my family and not expect handouts from hard working brits" njoy any advice mate just email me and well have a chat
Hi Stu, you need lo join www.top-forums.com There are many more Legacy Park homeowners on there (Mostly Highgate Park). Search for my posts, you will see I am trying to stop the rubber stamping by the management company and the Master board. As far as the Towns there has been no development for the past 3 years, Engle Homes went into bankruptcy, the Board member representing the Towns did not want to file bankruptcy for the Cable 2 1/2 years ago when it was first bought up because they were using the Cable as a selling tool at the other owners expense. Other board members dragged it on because they needed to have the cable for STR of there homes at other owners expense. If the budget would have been done correctly Legacy Park would have gone into bankruptcy 2 1/2 years ago, thus getting rid of the bulk cable bill which was crushing Legacy Park, and then there would be about $_ _ _, _ _ _.00 in reserves instead of $_, _ _ _.00. Right now one of the irrigation wells is completely out of commission and the other is on its way out, thus they will need two new wells and there is no money to fund them. In addition the developer who screwed up LP in the first place is now trying to swap the two parcels next to the Towns. He wants the front one by US 27 to be residential and the other one on the other side of the wall of the Towns pool to be commercial. He claims it was a recording error. We maintain if that was the case why has there been a 20'x20' for sale sign posted in front for 6 years? He had plenty of time to change it while he was still in control, now he wants to put it in the middle of LP which would increase traffic, crime etc. I have a petition and the letter from the county posted on www.top-forums.com.

All the best to you,

SLP

Old 10-13-2009, 06:39 AM

1 posts, read 2,144 times
Hi there, I'm considering buying a townhouse in Legacy Park on Weymouth Way or Chelsea Drive for rental investment. Reading your posts I'm getting concerned about the HOA. What is the situation now? What are the consequences of the HOA becoming bankrupt? Any increase in the HOA fee to expect?
Any idea of the rental market? How much do you think I coud rent a 2/2.5 townhouse for?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
All the best,
P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: