Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2009, 04:03 PM

2 posts, read 4,982 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
I am coming down to the Orlando area in the coming week, and wanted to look at snowbird rentals in the Leesburg area. I found a realtor ( whom I will not name, because I wouldn't give ERA the time of day ) who insisted that I sign an " agreement" before I could look at homes, either short or long term rentals or buying. What ever happened to just looking at homes, just to see if you are interested? BTW, I was a RE sales person in NY state, and I never heard of such a scam. Opinions please. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 04:22 PM

729 posts, read 1,299,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big1ed View Post
Hello all,
I am coming down to the Orlando area in the coming week, and wanted to look at snowbird rentals in the Leesburg area. I found a realtor ( whom I will not name, because I wouldn't give ERA the time of day ) who insisted that I sign an " agreement" before I could look at homes, either short or long term rentals or buying. What ever happened to just looking at homes, just to see if you are interested? BTW, I was a RE sales person in NY state, and I never heard of such a scam. Opinions please. Thanks.
Welcome to Florida! You can drive around and look at homes all day. You can search online listings. I am told that agreement protects you but what I have come to learn is it really protects the realtor in case you decide to jump ship and sign with another realtor or cut out the middle man completely. Remember, everything you sign holds some sort of monetary weight. What other reason would a realtor insist that you sign with them? What's to stop Realtor "A" from putting in the ground work and finding a decent place only to have the client shop around and find Realtor "B", thus cutting Realtor A out of potential commission.

Be aware.....

Again, welcome to Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: