Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2009, 07:48 AM

11 posts, read 33,478 times

Advertisements

Hi! I have recently moved to orlando with my husband and 2 year old son. We are contemplating on buying a house and have seen some around. Currently we are very confused between the oviedo,winter springs and waterford area. Mostly people have advised us to be in the seminole county because of the schools but I have seen some houses in waterford area and all advertise about schools being A rated. My feeling of winter springs was that it was a little far . My husband works for Siemens and since this is our first investment we are a little scared of buying a house in the wrong area. Suggestions and information about the areas will be a big help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 08:23 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,147,764 times
Oviedo and Winter Springs are better than Waterford overall. You may want to read the post on Waterford rudeness about my opinion and the poster after me about how Waterford can be. Oviedo and Winter Springs are a little more peaceful. None of these areas are horrible however.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:18 AM

3 posts, read 10,690 times
waterford is the best place hands down the area is great school are A++ its a beautiful place

Old 05-13-2009, 10:01 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,691,140 times
out of those three locations. I would pick Oviedo. it's more peaceful than Waterford and more convienent than winter springs. Oviedo is only like 5 mins down the same road as Waterford (alafaya trl)

Old 05-13-2009, 10:15 AM

237 posts, read 1,059,396 times
We just bought a home in Winter Springs. My husband does some work with Siemens and goes there regularly. The drive takes about 20 minutes coming from around the Town Center area and he says traffic isn't bad at all. The area is so quiet and peaceful. Close to lots of parks and the Seminole County Trail. It's convenient to all the shopping around Red Bug and also convenient to Lake Mary and 417.

But I do understand your desire to be closer. However, I think it would be wise to stay in Seminole County since you have a young child and maybe more to come. Schools would be important and in general, Seminole county is just more desirable. You can't really go wrong with the areas you're looking at. Waterford Lakes seem nice, but the traffic is a nightmare at rush hour. For us, it just didn't have the feel we were looking for.

Best thing is to come take a closer look and see which fits best for your family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando