Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2009, 10:42 PM

19 posts, read 69,152 times

Advertisements

I'm curious - for those who have bought or are buying homes - how many homes has your realtor shown you? Do you find the homes on your own, or do you get MLS printouts from your realtor? Does that person preview the property for you - or do you see the property for the first time together? Do they give you background on the communities you are looking for? Also, how many homes have you seen with your realtor? If you find a home you are interested in, do they schedule a showing right away (or within the next couple of days)? Do they recommend areas for you - or tell you areas to avoid based on your criteria?

I'm trying to get a sense for what I should expect from a realtor.

Thanks!

orlando_gal09
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 01:28 AM

196 posts, read 817,768 times
Hi,

I just bought a home last fall, and as far as clients go...I must have been a nightmare!I have viewed over 20 homes, did not know what I wanted (home or town home) looked at areas that were far from one another and requested floor plans for many homes we viewed!

I originally started with 2 realtor's who were both good. The first one was a referral and worked for a large nation wide group, the second was independent (small new company based in Orlando) who I met at an open house and got along with very well. I ended up working with the second one. Both realtor's however were well informed and had MLS printouts of what was available in the areas I had chosen and were able to discuss the homes on the way to the viewing. I knew which areas I was interested in but they also advised me on other areas that are comparable. They were able to arrange viewings either on the same day or within the week depending on the owners, in vacant homes we were able to view them as and when we wanted. Some homes they have been to before, others we viewed together for the first time; in these cases they were familiar with the community and not this home in particular.

I found that the independent realtor had a lot more time for me where the other guy gave up after about 10 days of my demands , I did view a lot of homes, I took my time, requested floor maps, checked out many areas around Orlando, and when I put in a offer...it got rejected and we were ready to embark on a whole new road trip...but in the end, the owners agreed to go the short sale route and we put in another offer which took 2 months before it got accepted by the bank. In the end...I got my home

Like I said I must have been a nightmare but the realtor was helpful through out.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:10 AM

111 posts, read 342,077 times
Here is what I personally do for my buyer clients:

---send them MLS printouts based on their criteria. I want them to look over the properties in the area that fit their criteria and then go from there.

---sometimes I preview the home before they see it. It they are an out of state buyer, I most always preview the home before they come down. Local buyers, sometimes I just don't have the time to preview the home. So some, we see for the first time together. And by not having the time, I mean, if it is 1:00 on Monday and they want to see 10 homes on Tuesday morning, I may not be able to get appointments to preview all of those homes first.

---As for how many homes I will show you? If you are a qualified buyer, I will show you as many as it takes to find you the house you are looking for. If you aren't qualified, I will show you a few, but I won't spend too much time until you are qualified or at least in the process.

---If you see a home you like, I try to schedule an appointment right away. Keep in mind, the selling agent and the owner ultimately have the say in when we see the house.

---If you asked for a little background on a particular community, I would try and provide that for you.

Hope this helps you a little on what to expect from a Real Estate Agent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando