U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2009, 06:08 PM

4 posts, read 13,964 times

Advertisements

There are alot of us implanted Chicagoans living in Orlando. I saw 211,000 google searches under "chicagoans living in orlando". And as I stated in my last thread, I LOVE MY CHICAGO SPORTS! All of us Chicagoans do, if I may be so bold! And when we are together watching Bears, Blackhawks, Chicago baseball, and all cheering our heads off together, it is GREAT! It reminds me of the times I would go crazy at Soldiers Field watching my Bears play football, and really going wild at the Blackhawks (hockey) games. I was lucky to have gone to several games at the old Chicago Stadium (which they tore down! Broke my heart!) But I LOVE living in Orlando, (especially in the winter months, right!!!) although my heart is in Chicago. Do I love snow?? Absolutely!! When I look at it on television, or a picture!! Get the picture!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 11:37 PM

17 posts, read 27,151 times
I hope to be another Chicagoan living in Florida soon! Actually I was born and raised in the Chi until I was 18, then from 18-21 I lived in L.A., and have been living in the Houston/Galveston area for the last 9 years. We have been visiting Orlando twice a year for the last 8 years and absolutely love it...so we have decided that we will move there within the next two years. Chi-town rocks...and I agree, there's not a more hardcore group of sports fans like us fellow Chicagoans. I'm glad u are enjoying Orlando. We hope to be living there and enjoying it as much as you are by 2011! :-)

Old 05-14-2009, 04:50 PM

4 posts, read 13,964 times
Default Chicagoans Living in Orlando

That's great you'll be moving to Orlando. You'll love it. I use to live in Daytona Beach, and a big advantage of living in Orlando, versus Chicago, is it is just a stone's throw drive to Cocoa or Daytona beach! You may love that as well!!

Old 05-14-2009, 05:45 PM

5 posts, read 8,077 times
Default You should buy now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misselmaja View Post
We hope to be living there and enjoying it as much as you are by 2011! :-)
If you plan on moving to Orlando in 2011, now is the time to buy! You should buy now and rent it out. Then, in 2011 the value of your house would've increased and you already have a house to move in! Just my opinion.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:38 AM

801 posts, read 1,716,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misselmaja View Post
I hope to be another Chicagoan living in Florida soon! Actually I was born and raised in the Chi until I was 18, then from 18-21 I lived in L.A., and have been living in the Houston/Galveston area for the last 9 years. We have been visiting Orlando twice a year for the last 8 years and absolutely love it...so we have decided that we will move there within the next two years. Chi-town rocks...and I agree, there's not a more hardcore group of sports fans like us fellow Chicagoans. I'm glad u are enjoying Orlando. We hope to be living there and enjoying it as much as you are by 2011! :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by happycloud View Post
If you plan on moving to Orlando in 2011, now is the time to buy! You should buy now and rent it out. Then, in 2011 the value of your house would've increased and you already have a house to move in! Just my opinion.
I've lived in Orlando 13 years...grew weary of it, I'm moving back to the Chicago area in 3 years or less. I just bought a house up there and it's waiting for us. I won't discourage anyone of their plans, but I moved down here in FL, enjoyed the beach thing, the Disney and theme park thing, did all the things in the typical honeymoon period. What we enjoyed most living in FL is living near the cruise ports, not having to fly down to get to the dock, as we took cruises almost every year. But we missed the four seasons, and don't enjoy the heat anymore (yes, to the point that we miss the winters).

I too lived in California as well as Florida, but when it all boiled down to it, there was no substitute for being nearby the Chicago food and restaurants, the beautiful city and Lake Shore Drive, seeing Chicago sports without having to pay for it or to go to a bar to watch it, or even the snow, especially during the holiday season. So come down here and live the Florida life, and see if you get the itch to move back or not after you get through doing all you can in FL. I did.

If you're serious about moving down here, PM me one day as I have I'll have a three bedroom, 2BA ranch and 2.5 car garage with a modest 9600 gallon screened-in pool (not large enough to swim laps, but not small enough to be a hot tub either). It's actually outside of Orlando in a quiet neighborhood, exactly between downtown and beaches. It'll be on sale in 2011. Considering I paid the price for it 13 years ago, I'll let it go for the reasonable market rate, not overly inflated like homeowners did during the boom a few years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando