U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 06:46 PM

2,107 posts, read 3,990,363 times

Advertisements

The media is hilarious. I agree it was an amazing shot, but it's nothing that hasn't been done before. The sportscenter crew is asking people to give the shot a name?!? Um, since when does a last-second shot for a game 2 of the conference finals deserve any sore of historical name? The series if far from over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 09:29 PM

1,642 posts, read 4,203,564 times
That was a pretty amazing (lucky?) shot tho.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:59 AM

4,155 posts, read 7,117,974 times
Agreed it was a great shot but what did it do besides prevent Cleveland from going down 2-0 on their own homecourt. If that was game 7 to advance, maybe, but game 2 to stop the bleeding?...Come on??

I think it's just more marketing to develop the new face of the NBA a la King James. The league is searching for their new torchbearer and Lebron is the "chosen one." He has plenty of years ahead of him, a clean background, he's a well spoken well mannered kid, and he can score at will.....what else could the league ask for? Ever since Kobe's trip to Colorado a few years ago they've been searching for a new face man. Shaq just continue to get older and crazier and for some reason, point guards just aren't as appealing (see Chris Paul and Deron Williams). So you "make" a place for Lebron in history with the "shot."

Bottom line, shot or no shot, Cleveland threw just about everything they had at us in Cleveland and barely walked away with one win. We haven't really hit our stride yet in this series, we've stayed competitive by gutting it out. In the end, I think our resilience overcomes their mystique. This is a substance over style battle. We've played 2 hard series where we were counted out. We got hit by multiple game winning shots and had a few of our own. But here we are and like Coach SVG said....we've been here before, they havent'. The Q may is a tough place to play, but the Orena is no walk in the park either. Magic go back to Cleveland UP 3-1 and look to close out the series.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Agreed it was a great shot but what did it do besides prevent Cleveland from going down 2-0 on their own homecourt. If that was game 7 to advance, maybe, but game 2 to stop the bleeding?...Come on??
EXACTLY. He bailed them out from a loss at home! Sportscenter did a top 10 buzzer beaters and this came out #2. Derek Fisher's ridiculous, .04 second game winner against the Spurs a few years ago IN San Antonio didn't even register!!

YouTube - Derek Fisher's 0.4 Shot

Old 05-26-2009, 08:38 PM

801 posts, read 1,713,834 times
I'm impressed with the Magic (they're not my team, I'm a Bulls fan ), but they seem to have this series with the Cavs under control. I thought the Cavs were going to go all the way, but they haven't played any competition in the first two rounds of the playoffs (Detroit and Atlanta). Of all teams the Cavs had to face, their worst matchup was with the Magic. I think we'll see a Magic-Lakers finals.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post

I think it's just more marketing to develop the new face of the NBA a la King James. The league is searching for their new torchbearer and Lebron is the "chosen one." He has plenty of years ahead of him, a clean background, he's a well spoken well mannered kid, and he can score at will.....what else could the league ask for? Ever since Kobe's trip to Colorado a few years ago they've been searching for a new face man. Shaq just continue to get older and crazier and for some reason, point guards just aren't as appealing (see Chris Paul and Deron Williams). So you "make" a place for Lebron in history with the "shot."

Bottom line, shot or no shot, Cleveland threw just about everything they had at us in Cleveland and barely walked away with one win. We haven't really hit our stride yet in this series, we've stayed competitive by gutting it out. In the end, I think our resilience overcomes their mystique. This is a substance over style battle. We've played 2 hard series where we were counted out. We got hit by multiple game winning shots and had a few of our own. But here we are and like Coach SVG said....we've been here before, they havent'. The Q may is a tough place to play, but the Orena is no walk in the park either. Magic go back to Cleveland UP 3-1 and look to close out the series.
Really hard to replace that Jordan dude, huh? I think Kobe is still the closest thing to Jordan since Jordan retired. But LeBron is a great player, we'll see if he gets even better, but they still haven't surrounded him with as good as players like Dwight Howard is (Pietrus, Turkoglu, Alston, Courtney Lee, R. Lewis, etc.).

Old 05-26-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
EXACTLY. He bailed them out from a loss at home! Sportscenter did a top 10 buzzer beaters and this came out #2. Derek Fisher's ridiculous, .04 second game winner against the Spurs a few years ago IN San Antonio didn't even register!!

YouTube - Derek Fisher's 0.4 Shot
I used to respect Derek Fisher, but he's been such a goon lately, with that cheap shot on the Rockets player in the earlier playoff round. He's a great clutch shooter, but I think Phil Jackson teaches his players to get under their opponents skin with cheap shots, elbows, and annoying contact. The Lakers like to play mental games on the court as well as dirty basketball when they get a chance.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:25 AM

8,181 posts, read 15,461,391 times
Good job Magic!

Old 05-27-2009, 07:41 AM

Awesome game...wow! Howard was a beast in OT. Have to give respect to Allston as well. He kept us in the game every time Cleveland tried to run away with it. On the flip side, Hedo is playing like a bum! What the hell happened to this guy? He is cold as ice these days, and turning the ball over. Please, just dish that junk to Lewis when the game is on the line next time. He has the hot hand right now.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:33 AM

4,155 posts, read 7,117,974 times
The Cavs won 7 more games than us in the regular season. We will win 4 more than them when it really counts. GO MAGIC!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando