Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 08:42 PM

286 posts, read 1,029,264 times

Advertisements

Don't-drive-through-bad-neighborhoods. I say this to people all the freakin time on the Tampa forum. There are people from cities like DETROIT that have the nerve to complain about the slums in Tampa. Hello, if you just avoid the bad neighborhoods, you'll be fine. Crime is almost nonexistent in Tampa's nicer areas, and I am sure the same is true in O-Town. By the way, does anyone know how the UCF area is? I am considering attending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2007, 09:18 PM

631 posts, read 2,450,491 times
Within 1 mile of the store that was robbed is million dollar homes. Delaney Park is an extraordinary place to live and most of downtown is also. South Orange Ave is changing for the better daily and when the new SoHo comes in, it will sky rocket in value.

Listen I am another person that thinks Orlando has dropped massively in quality lately. Yes, Orlando has terrible crime, but seriously, it's nothing like this person is painting it. People who come to downtown and see how beautiful and peaceful and friendly it is are just stunned. I cannot tell you how many times I stopped and got gas at that station or many along South Orange with no incident. Every single day there are literally hundreds of people out jogging and walking their dogs to cafes, having coffee with friends out on the patios or just playing frisbee in parks. Young affluent kids playing soccer at Cherokee Park or families grilling out along Lake Davis. It's another world completely and it's safer than one can imagine.

There comes a point when people reading this forum have to recognize this poster's neurotic rants over and over about the same thing. It's ridiculous.

Orlando is a city that needs desparate help and has a lot of scary random crime. I do agree. But it's NOTHING like what this person is painting. NOTHING.

Last edited by Jammie; 05-01-2007 at 11:22 PM.. Reason: removed words

Old 05-02-2007, 07:14 AM

640 posts, read 3,074,466 times
The Law of Attraction...

Old 05-02-2007, 07:14 AM

800 posts, read 3,087,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoktober View Post
Within 1 mile of the store that was robbed is million dollar homes. Delaney Park is an extraordinary place to live and most of downtown is also. South Orange Ave is changing for the better daily and when the new SoHo comes in, it will sky rocket in value.

Listen I am another person that thinks Orlando has dropped massively in quality lately. Yes, Orlando has terrible crime, but seriously, it's nothing like this person is painting it. People who come to downtown and see how beautiful and peaceful and friendly it is are just stunned. I cannot tell you how many times I stopped and got gas at that station or many along South Orange with no incident. Every single day there are literally hundreds of people out jogging and walking their dogs to cafes, having coffee with friends out on the patios or just playing frisbee in parks. Young affluent kids playing soccer at Cherokee Park or families grilling out along Lake Davis. It's another world completely and it's safer than one can imagine.

There comes a point when people reading this forum have to recognize this poster's neurotic rants over and over about the same thing. It's ridiculous.

Orlando is a city that needs desparate help and has a lot of scary random crime. I do agree. But it's NOTHING like what this person is painting. NOTHING.

Well said!!! I couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 05-02-2007, 08:51 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,830,748 times
So I guess the trick is to deny this type of violent crime has become The NORM in Orlando and then everything is fine? So basically you just "pretend" crime doesn't exist and *poof* it doesn't?

Yeah, there are million Dollar condos blocks down from the 7-11 that was robbed and shot at. So that goes to show you: living in a rich, nice area is NOT a barrier to crime.

Ignorance IS bliss.... some of you guys have just proven it.

Like I said, living in dreamland does not make reality dreamland. Sorry guys!

Old 05-03-2007, 06:54 PM

91 posts, read 495,978 times
Lucky there are gaurds posted going into Lake Mary so the criminals don't get in there. They just stay in Orlando and wait for you to get here.
It's weird that the crime is every in and around Orlando except Lake Mary. And nobody there speaks spanish. How did you guys do that? I'm jealous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: