Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 10:36 AM

973 posts, read 2,229,510 times

Advertisements

20 minutes from the Twin Rivers area in Oviedo to the MCO airport? Right. Please tell me you drive about 100mph the entire way with no lights to worry about.

I live in this part of town, and it's at LEAST 35 minutes with just average traffic. Just go to Google Maps and type in "Oviedo, FL to MCO." Adjusting the markers to be more exact leaves it at 26.7mi for 34 minutes. 20 minutes is NOT happening.. not even close. With absolutely no traffic or red lights, you're not getting to MCO in less than 30 minutes, and that includes speeding around 80mph on 417 & 528.
A realistic average time is more like 45 minutes from the time you get on to 419/Chuluota Rd until you drive into the airport exit at 528 & Semoran/436. Expect close to an hour during rush hour.. it can take at least 20 minutes just to get to 417 from Twin Rivers with heavy traffic (going to Lockwood, Mitchell Hammock, Red Bug), then you still have the entire 417/528 stretch to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 03:56 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,693,879 times
I do speed. it seems like everyone is going around 75-80mph on the 417. When I do go the speed limit i'm constantly getting passed by everyone. I've been to the airport from Oviedo within 20-30 mins.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:30 PM

8 posts, read 38,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrotrosie View Post
I just bought in the Sanctuary

What are you looking for in a neighborhood?
How do you like the Sanctuary? Is the HOA very restrictive? We are looking for a nice neighborhood for my 4 year old and 1 year old. How are the amenities? Are they as good as they look? How are close are the shops and restuarants?

Old 08-20-2009, 07:58 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,712,357 times
Hi! We have been here about two months now, and we really like it. I have not really had any issues with the HOA, but have not been here all that long either. It seems some folks park on the street more than they are allowed and no one really bothers them, so...it doesn't seem to overbearing here I suppose. I find the rules to be reasonable. The entire rules or 'covenants' as they are called can be found here...you can check them out for yourself if you like...it's boring reading though..lol

http://www.thesanctuaryhoa.org/docs/..._covenants.pdf

The amenities are nice...my 11 year old loves the pool, which is just over 5 feet at the deepest part. She also still likes to run through the fountain park And of course there is the playground, which she is too big for these days There is also a room attached to the gym for your little ones if you wanted to work out, you can plop them in there to play or watch tv and you can see them while you work out.

Shops and restaurants are all close! There are three supermarkets within 5 minutes, drugstores, and lots of restaurants within 15 minutes, tons more within a half hour. That is all if you head out of Santuary and make a right....head out and make a left, and you are headed for the country! Horseback riding, and airboat rides, and so forth out there! Right on the edge of town as it were...lol! I like it there alot! Everyone in the development waves when you drive by, all my neighbors have been very friendly and helpful as well. Hope this helps!

Old 08-21-2009, 08:42 AM

8 posts, read 38,133 times
Smile Live Oak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2M&J View Post
I used to live in Live Oak and loved it. I miss it dearly!
What do you remember about the HOA Rules? Are they really picky? How were the amenities? Were your neighbors friendly? How much were your HOA fees? We are looking at Live Oak or Sanctuary, can't decide. Any other feedback for me. Thanks

Old 08-21-2009, 12:10 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,712,357 times
Well, here is the Live Oak covenant rules
http://www.liveoakreserve.net/documents/LiveOakReserve_Rules_and_Regulations.pdf (broken link)

and their website

Live Oak Reserve » Rules and Regulations

I don't live over there so I can't answer you other questions

We did look over there but chose the Sanctuary for various reasons. You really should take a trip and see for yourself - being there gives a whole new perspective on things that pictures on line cannot Some like one side of the street and some like the other side...both are quite nice.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:35 PM

17 posts, read 37,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda40 View Post
Thinking of moving to Oviedo, FL, have two small kids and hear the schools are great in the Seminole County. Been looking at the neighborhoods, what about The Sanctuary or Carillion?

Hello Im looking into moving also to this area..Have you moved, and if so how do you like the area..Going next weekend to visit areas around Orlando

Old 10-13-2009, 01:36 PM

17 posts, read 37,534 times
Looking into moving into the same area. If you have already moved can you let me know how are things going..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando