Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 07:52 PM

48 posts, read 262,627 times

Advertisements

Celebration is really really nice. If you ever seen the movie The Truman Show with Jim Carrey, thats what Celebration reminds me of. Maybe there is some conspiracy where they do have something like that there. lol. im just kidding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2007, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickiesflores View Post
Sounds pricey to me. I have been trying to check around the Orlando area. Is is possible to find nice town/place to live with rent under $1000.00? What about the hurrican season? If you are more inland are you safer or does everyone still leave Florida?
Depending on where the hurricane is coming from, how its turning, twirling, moving, etc, normally inland of Florida doesnt evacuate. If you are on the coast and its moving right towards you, then I suggest evacuate. However, sometimes you dont know and Hurricane Charley is a prime example of how central Florida isnt safe from hurricane. Charley literally moved right along I-4 as it headed for Orlando.

Hurricane Charley is making its way to Downtown Orlando:

Old 05-12-2007, 08:02 PM

Here is another:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media/photo/2004-08/13810540.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-07-2007, 06:40 PM

146 posts, read 468,155 times
Does anyone know what the range of Celebration's monthly HOA fees based on a condo or small home?

Old 07-08-2007, 06:49 PM

541 posts, read 1,994,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg453 View Post
Does anyone know what the range of Celebration's monthly HOA fees based on a condo or small home?
The HOA is about $800/year for everyone. You pay that if you live in a condo, townhome or house. It covers the use of the pools, parks, trails, etc.. Condo fees range from $200+/month for a 1/1 to $750+ a month for a townhome. Home taxes are very high (based on sale price of home.)

Old 07-09-2007, 12:20 AM

1,284 posts, read 3,895,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickiesflores View Post
Sounds pricey to me. I have been trying to check around the Orlando area. Is is possible to find nice town/place to live with rent under $1000.00? What about the hurrican season? If you are more inland are you safer or does everyone still leave Florida?
Rents under $1000 are very possible but the areas wouldn't be the greatest!!As far as hurricanes,yes it's better to be in Orlando than next to the coast but Orlando would still see damage,it all depends on how strong a storm is,how fast it's moving so once it goes inland it might lose some strength.People don't leave,basically when you hear a hurricane is coming,it becomes Christmas for Home Depot's and Grocery stores as well as gas stations with people stocking up,buying plywood to cover windows and filling gas tanks since gas stations might be closed after the storm.I went through Andrew in Miami in one of the worst areas that got hit and after seeing things like 2 story houses become 1 story houses,I would suggest people board up and if the winds are over 130mph to leave.

Old 07-09-2007, 03:15 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,272,674 times
Whatever..i went through hurricane ANdrew...Charley was nothing....i went through that too...lost power for a week but Andrew was alot worse...there were no looters in my neighborhood during Charley

Old 07-09-2007, 08:32 AM

146 posts, read 468,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthatmouse View Post
The HOA is about $800/year for everyone. You pay that if you live in a condo, townhome or house. It covers the use of the pools, parks, trails, etc.. Condo fees range from $200+/month for a 1/1 to $750+ a month for a townhome. Home taxes are very high (based on sale price of home.)
Wow! From $266 to $817 a month for combined HOA and condo/townhouse building association fees. The average paid real estate taxes in 2000 was $4913. I imagine that has gone up considerably since 2000.

Thanks for the info.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:40 AM

1 posts, read 10,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthatmouse View Post
You can rent a garage apartment for $750 and a 1/1 for $800-900 a month today. The town will have 20,000 residents at build out-not exactly small. We have a Mobil station at the entrance to town/Water Tower Place. There is no Publix/grocery store in town. We used to have a Goodings but it closed like several other Goodings in the area. The closest Publix is across 192 (5 minutes.) I have never waited more than 5 minutes for coffee at PJ's or Starbucks Truman Show was filmed in Seaside, Fl a town similar to Celebration.

Celebration School - Celebration, Florida - FL - school overview
Luvthatmouse,

It seems that you have the same "view" of celebration that I do.

My husband and I are thinking of buying a condo there. he loves Sienna neighbourhood, I love the canal, Water St or North village.

We have 18 months old daughter and living in a place where we can take a walk, ride a bike will make a difference in the quality of our lives.

Which one of this neighbourhood would you recommend?

We are having all kinds of inaccurate information with respect to the HOA fees, annual fees, ... people say that there are hiddens fees... Is this true?

What are the fees that a condo resident will have to pay (I know that the amount varies from condo to condo)

I am trying to get information from people who live there and know the rules for a fact!

Is the town hall the best place for me to get the correct information that I might need, before buying the condo?

Thanks lot!!

Old 12-13-2007, 08:05 AM

541 posts, read 1,994,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roda96 View Post
Luvthatmouse,

It seems that you have the same "view" of celebration that I do.

My husband and I are thinking of buying a condo there. he loves Sienna neighbourhood, I love the canal, Water St or North village.

We have 18 months old daughter and living in a place where we can take a walk, ride a bike will make a difference in the quality of our lives.

Which one of this neighbourhood would you recommend?

We are having all kinds of inaccurate information with respect to the HOA fees, annual fees, ... people say that there are hiddens fees... Is this true?

What are the fees that a condo resident will have to pay (I know that the amount varies from condo to condo)

I am trying to get information from people who live there and know the rules for a fact!

Is the town hall the best place for me to get the correct information that I might need, before buying the condo?

Thanks lot!!

This is what I have heard on our town web site and from friends that live in Water Street Condos/Siena/Georgetown.

Siena has lots of renters (close to the high school.) My friend that lives there calls it the "slum of Celebration" (her quote not mine!) I do love the Mediterranean look there. The pool area has a lot of issues with teens breaking in and trashing it. The condos are very cheap right now because there is major construction going on all around the condo complex. They can hear traffic all the time now that they clearcut all the trees over there (very sad!) Has an "on the outer edge of town feel" to me. Lots of dog poop all over!

Water Street Condos have major issues going on right now with condo fees/maintenance/condo board. Some condos were paying over $700 in MONTHLY fees yet they have tons of water damage and folks are NOT happy. It was on the news here. I think many have stopped paying their monthly fees until it is fixed so others are carrying all the maintenance-not good. Great area though if you like to walk downtown. No pool and high fees/taxes compared to other condo complexes.

Georgetown in North village is about a 10-15 minute walk/5 minute bike ride to downtown. Easy access in/out of town (do not have to sit through school/downtown traffic.) Lowest condo fees and taxes out of the three. Had problems with their maintenance company/board/gardeners/painters also. Seem to have it under hand now. Big pool area and town pool a few minutes away. Some condos can hear traffic in back.

Condo fees and taxes are all over the place. I would get a good realtor and not ask town hall. Taxes are based on the SALE PRICE of the home. Check insurance too! Big issue here in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando