Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2009, 05:42 AM

522 posts, read 1,855,630 times

Advertisements

I planned this vacation back in February and it's coming close, I'll be in Orlando from 18-25 July. My mom decided to come along with us and her birthday is July 20, so we're trying to see what we can do for her b-day.

Are there any good restaurants in the area, I'll be at Westgate Lakes Resort and Spa off of Turkey road. I google but there's to many restaurants to choose from, any good recommendations?

Any parades or events going on during that time frame? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 05:48 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
Will you have children in your party? What type of price range are you looking at?

Seasons 52, Roy's, Timpano's, Christini's, and the Samba Room are all great choices, but not so much with kids. Dinner will run $75-well over $200 for two at any of those, not including alcohol.

Another great choice (again not with kids) it the Capital Grille.

If you'll have kids with you, the Melting Pot might be a good choice, or Cafe TuTu Tango.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:53 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,147,764 times
You should try restaurants in the Restaurant Row area of West Sand Lake Rd.

There are good chains Samba Room, Timpano, Seasons 52, Roy's, Bonefish Grill, Amura (local chain), Bravo Cucina, Laredo Cantina, etc.

There is also a great cluster of restaurants just south of where you are staying in the Convention Center area at the south end of International Drive: Maggianos, Red Rock Canyon Grill, Tommy Bahamas, Taverna Opa, Cuba Libre, B.B. King's, etc.

If you want some great local options you should drive a little to downtown Orlando or Park avenue in Winter Park.

Some great local restaurants are Hue, 310 Park South, Citrus, Luma on Park, Dexter's, Wildside BBQ, K, Fuji Sushi, Seito Sushi (4 locations), Lago, SEA Thai.

Some other great chains if you do not have them in your area are Bahama Breeze, Ale House (more chill sports bar/hang out place), BJ's Brewery, Carrabba's, Mimi's, etc.

A great one off in Celebration that is a great Florida chain is Columbia.

I think just about every one of these I have mentioned has a website and I have listed mostly upscale places, but places like Dexter's, Press 101, Cityfish etc. are great places to hang out with great food at a little less expensive price. I think Orlando has a pretty diverse and vibrant dining scene though south of the 408 a lot of the options you have are chains.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:08 AM

522 posts, read 1,855,630 times
Wow, many good recommendations. I will have my 26 month old daughter with us. So I guess a family/kid friendly restaurant would be a better choice but I rather not go to a chain restaurant that I could go to back home (va beach, va).

Old 07-10-2009, 05:21 AM

Some great kid friendly places are found in the Disney hotels and downtown Disney like Rainforest Cafe, TRex Cafe, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Chef Mickeys, etc.

I am not sure about the rest, but most are accomodating. Orlando is a family vacation destination so most restaurants cater to this.

Old 07-10-2009, 05:29 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshire81182 View Post
I am not sure about the rest, but most are accomodating. Orlando is a family vacation destination so most restaurants cater to this.
Actually at least two of the places I mentioned are not accomodating to children, and at least one specifically will not accept kids under 6. When there's no high chairs or booster seats, no kids menu, and a quiet, adult atmosphere, read between the lines...

Old 07-10-2009, 05:36 AM

Oh I know those restaurants exist and are probably at the higher end. I am sure there are even a lot in the restaurant row area. I have however eaten at almost every restaurant we have mentioned and seen children and families. The best thing for the original poster to do IMO is take our recommendations and visit some of the websites to see pictures and menus. Once he or she has a good list of 3 or 4 restaurants, call the restaurant and ask them a few of those types of questions. Reservations are also definitely a good idea at most restaurants that will accept them because we are in the summer season and dependent on the day of the week and time, these are some of the more popular restaurants in the area.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:50 PM

4 posts, read 6,585 times
There are more choices than most know what to do with!!

I would suggest (if you don't have them near you) Season's 52, Bahama Breeze, Roy's Steakhouse, Timpano's or Samba Room.

Season's 52 is fresh, low fat (but delicious!) cooking, Bahama Breeze is a chain but one of the best for Caribbean cooking (lots of spanish/Jerk style), Roy's is a bit pricey but they fly in fresh fish every day, in my opinion--one of the best restaurants in Orlando!!! Timpano's and Samba Room are nice but a bit more trendy...just depends on your taste! There is also a Ruth Chris in the area if you want another top of the line steakhouse...

You can't go wrong with all of the options!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando