Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 01:23 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,749 times

Advertisements

Yup, I know exactly what you mean, I see it a lot in our area. Its not the FL natives that are bad drivers. Its the aggressive drivers from the northeast, and carribean natives that dont have any road laws in there home countries! mixed in with the retirees which makes everything worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 01:44 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
Yup, I know exactly what you mean, I see it a lot in our area. Its not the FL natives that are bad drivers. Its the aggressive drivers from the northeast, and carribean natives that dont have any road laws in there home countries! mixed in with the retirees which makes everything worse.
You forgot the tourists. I've seen more accidents caused by tourists than locals (regardless of where they're originally from) lately. Saw one in the Publix parking lot earlier this week, idiot tourist in minivan ran a stop sign and hit some poor schlep in a work truck who couldn't get out of the way in time.

And before the naysayers start, yes it was a tourist, with an out of state tag, clamshell on the top, a bunch of kids stuffed in the back with their video screens watching some cartoon, and a "Disney or Bust" sign in the back window.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:59 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,211,164 times
OIA is the only airport where I see cars literally stop and/or reverse on the main roadway. I've been to many airports and I am still dumbfounded as to why only in Orlando I see this. I've also seen cars going full speed and jumping the main median just to get to the other terminal.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:02 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Well Florida leads the nation in uninsured drivers. Many here drive on suspended licenses, it is very lax here when it comes to road safety and getting the ones who don't follow the rules off the road.

Most states having no car insurance will get your car impounded and off the road unitl you purhcase some.

Here all they get is a ticket and they keep driving. There is no incentive to get insurance here because there really is no penalty.

Eventually their DL gets suspended and they keep driving. Yes there are agressive drivers from the NE, but they can also drive in snow and ice.

A friend of the families son was involved in a bad multi car crash about a month ago on the I4 .He is ok but the car was totaled. A woman in one car was killed.

It made the papers.

The crash was caused by a redneck driving 90 mph in 1993 vehicle. You have a culture of people down here who have nothing and have no regard for anyone elses safety.

I love these people who think all of Florida's issues are the fault of transplants. The little girl who was strangled by the python( who keeps that in the house) was the product of natives. Her mother is pregnant with another child with the guy she lives with , who owned the snake. But he wasn't the father of the dead two year old. Neither one of them worked and were sleeping off whatever they were on while the child was strangled. The whole thing made me sick, this state is loaded with people just like them.

You have a lot of real classy folks here who are natives.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
You forgot the tourists. I've seen more accidents caused by tourists than locals (regardless of where they're originally from) lately. Saw one in the Publix parking lot earlier this week, idiot tourist in minivan ran a stop sign and hit some poor schlep in a work truck who couldn't get out of the way in time.

And before the naysayers start, yes it was a tourist, with an out of state tag, clamshell on the top, a bunch of kids stuffed in the back with their video screens watching some cartoon, and a "Disney or Bust" sign in the back window.
Yea thats true i forgot about the tourits, I dont see many tourists over here in the suburbs tho so i guess thats why i didnt mention em.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Yea thats true i forgot about the tourits, I dont see many tourists over here in the suburbs tho so i guess thats why i didnt mention em.
I'm off Route 27 in Clermont, and a lot of them hop off the FL Turnpike and take 27 south from there to avoid the 429 toll (stupid, the 429 is soooo worth the extra couple of bucks in tolls for a wide open roadway!).

They are really the biggest traffic menace in this area. I think that as soon as they cross the Florida line they put the Disney fog into their brains and lose all common sense.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:30 PM

976 posts, read 1,110,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Well Florida leads the nation in uninsured drivers. Many here drive on suspended licenses, it is very lax here when it comes to road safety and getting the ones who don't follow the rules off the road.

Most states having no car insurance will get your car impounded and off the road unitl you purhcase some.

Here all they get is a ticket and they keep driving. There is no incentive to get insurance here because there really is no penalty.

Eventually their DL gets suspended and they keep driving. Yes there are agressive drivers from the NE, but they can also drive in snow and ice.

A friend of the families son was involved in a bad multi car crash about a month ago on the I4 .He is ok but the car was totaled. A woman in one car was killed.

It made the papers.

The crash was caused by a redneck driving 90 mph in 1993 vehicle. You have a culture of people down here who have nothing and have no regard for anyone elses safety.

I love these people who think all of Florida's issues are the fault of transplants. The little girl who was strangled by the python( who keeps that in the house) was the product of natives. Her mother is pregnant with another child with the guy she lives with , who owned the snake. But he wasn't the father of the dead two year old. Neither one of them worked and were sleeping off whatever they were on while the child was strangled. The whole thing made me sick, this state is loaded with people just like them.

You have a lot of real classy folks here who are natives.

Can you prove the parents of the little girl strangled by the snake are FL natives? Or is it because they are white and have a southern accent you assume they are FL natives? You said in another thread that the Caley Anthony case all involved FL natives also, which is not true, the Anthony's are not FL natives. You love to pick on FL natives which is strange. You bring up one case (or two) out of dozens which involved people that are FL natives (or are in your words FL natives). I can look up articles and articles of sex offenders and criminals that live here in FL that are not from FL. The girl in Sarasota killed by the car mechanic from Brooklyn, how about the numerous incidents in Orlando where a man tries to snatch a little girl or rapes a little girl in some run down crack house? You ever hear about those guys and how many warrants they have out for their arrest in NJ or Puerto Rico? You ever watch America's Most Wanted? You ever see how many criminals that they are looking for in the state of FL? And have you ever seen how many times the person they are looking for in FL is wanted in NY or Jamaica or the Carribean? Criminals, malcontents and transients hide out in FL. That's why it has been referred to as "the last refuge of the scoundrel." Ever heard that?

Old 07-25-2009, 02:35 PM

976 posts, read 1,110,978 times
Quote:
Hey GLS, I live close to you. I saw a family in a van on Waterford Chase Rd. approach a subdivision, they all through out all of their trash (McDonald's bags, cups, utensils) right onto the street in front of the subdivision. I cant remember what subdivision they were going into, but they pulled up to the gate in the front of the neighbrohood, rolled down their windows, and emptied their trash right in the street. I couldnt believe my eyes. NJ plate.

Old 07-25-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I'm off Route 27 in Clermont, and a lot of them hop off the FL Turnpike and take 27 south from there to avoid the 429 toll (stupid, the 429 is soooo worth the extra couple of bucks in tolls for a wide open roadway!).

They are really the biggest traffic menace in this area. I think that as soon as they cross the Florida line they put the Disney fog into their brains and lose all common sense.
yea that must suck, i heard talks a few years back about a six flags being built out here just east of the waterford/avalon area, thankfully i think the idea was dropped. i think that would of been terrible, bringing tourists out here causing more conjestion and crazy tourist drivers. i had no idea clermonte had tourist traffic, i figured they all took 426.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusses View Post
Hey GLS, I live close to you. I saw a family in a van on Waterford Chase Rd. approach a subdivision, they all through out all of their trash (McDonald's bags, cups, utensils) right onto the street in front of the subdivision. I cant remember what subdivision they were going into, but they pulled up to the gate in the front of the neighbrohood, rolled down their windows, and emptied their trash right in the street. I couldnt believe my eyes. NJ plate.
I believe it, some ppl have no respect

Old 07-25-2009, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusses View Post
That's just freaking wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando