Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 02:34 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,053,127 times

Advertisements

Curious what people think. I have been to Pannullo's in Winter Park, Tolla's in Winter Park, Adriatico Trattoria in College Park, and now Il Paradiso in Altamonte Springs. I haven't yet had a reason to come on here and comment on a place until now.

This last place I just ate at this weekend, and I feel the need to plug this place because my experience was so good. My meal at Il Paradiso in Altamonte Springs was the best Italian meal I've had in a long time and certainly the best in Orlando. The owners and staff are all Italian...the chef is from Naples, Italy and he comes to your table to talk about the food. This is one of those true gems that is hidden away and needs to be patronized! The kicker for me was the tiramisu. My jaw dropped. I am a true lover of this dessert, and this was...bar none...the best tiramisu I have ever had in my life. Anyone else been to this place? What is your favorite Italian place in Orlando?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 02:46 PM

631 posts, read 2,451,219 times
Well, it's a chain, but Maggiano's at Pointe Orlando wins my vote. Also wanted to mention, I was told that this place in Baldwin Park (Lago?) was the best and it was so horrible I couldn't finish. Felt like I was eating in a Burger King with tacky art on the walls too.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:44 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,337,371 times
Pete if you're speaking that highly about the place I will at least have to try it. Where is it?

As for my vote, Antonio's in Maitland and Cafe Tresteverre off Magnolia (North end of DT), although CT has been hit and miss lately from what I've heard.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:29 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,293,678 times
We always liked Amelia's in the Casselberry area on 17-92

Old 07-21-2009, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Pete if you're speaking that highly about the place I will at least have to try it. Where is it?

As for my vote, Antonio's in Maitland and Cafe Tresteverre off Magnolia (North end of DT), although CT has been hit and miss lately from what I've heard.
I really have to try Antonio's...that place looks the part and is in one of my favorite areas of town. That was the #1 rated Italian restaurant in Orlando magazine too. I believe it is rather expensive though...Il Paradiso is more affordable. A few things about IP also indicate that it is not fine dining such as the generic strip mall location, humble decor, and the butter which comes in little containers rather than a serving dish. The experience delivers though. It's right near Crane's Roost. Again...the tiramisu...

il paradiso - Google Maps

Old 07-21-2009, 07:52 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,534,548 times
Positano Restaurant & Pizzeria in Ocoee is a favorite in our extended family.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:09 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
Some of the best food...italian or otherwise I have ever had was at the place that use to be on I drive. It was owned by Fridays and was amazing. They closed it several yeas ago, I miss it. There is ahole in the wall on Crystal Lake and Curry Ford called the Italian Pie or something like that, they are good... they have the best Spring Salad around, vegie lassagna is great

Il Pescatore is good, Barducis also. Good fellows has the best knots in town.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:13 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,337,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
I really have to try Antonio's...that place looks the part and is in one of my favorite areas of town. That was the #1 rated Italian restaurant in Orlando magazine too. I believe it is rather expensive though...Il Paradiso is more affordable. A few things about IP also indicate that it is not fine dining such as the generic strip mall location, humble decor, and the butter which comes in little containers rather than a serving dish. The experience delivers though. It's right near Crane's Roost. Again...the tiramisu...

il paradiso - Google Maps
This must be new because it's literally down the street from where I grew up. You are right, Antonio's is very pricey. You actually have to wear a jacket to dine upstairs I believe. Try going during lunch instead, the prices are more reasonable but the food is still pretty spectacular.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
This must be new because it's literally down the street from where I grew up. You are right, Antonio's is very pricey. You actually have to wear a jacket to dine upstairs I believe. Try going during lunch instead, the prices are more reasonable but the food is still pretty spectacular.
Thanks for the tip!

As for the other places I mentioned, Tolla's you can get a restaurant.com coupon for and is a good meal with a nice setting near Hannibal square in WP. Pannullo's is a Winter Park staple right on Park with outdoor seating. We had a good meal there, but I have read plenty of bad reviews so perhaps they are not very consistent? Adriatico Trattoria has a restaurant.com coupon, but was nothing to write home about so I'd skip it. Also several of the tables outside are on a slanted sidewalk so it makes for awkward dining.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:46 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,691,140 times
Goodfellas! its great. read the reviews

Goodfella's Pizzeria User Reviews - Orlando, FL 32826 - Citysearch

Site:

http://www.goodfellasorlando.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando