U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 08:25 PM

27 posts, read 95,254 times

Advertisements

I put an offer for 9837; however, you are not going to believe what happened. The builder apparently was going to accept my offer ( which was very closed to the asking price), but he got more than one offer. So today, he decided to increase the price of the house for another $70,000. I can't believe this guy, especially in this market. I don't think he is serious. I just wished him good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2007, 06:34 AM

20 posts, read 70,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pily View Post
I put an offer for 9837; however, you are not going to believe what happened. The builder apparently was going to accept my offer ( which was very closed to the asking price), but he got more than one offer. So today, he decided to increase the price of the house for another $70,000. I can't believe this guy, especially in this market. I don't think he is serious. I just wished him good luck.
That's ridiculous! I can't believe a builder would be that stupid in a market like this. He should count his lucky stars that he's had any offers at all on it. So, was it bumped to $699? This page shows the price was $629.

Christopher Baker Team - 9837 Sweetleaf St (Orlando, FL) (http://www.theorlandoadvantage.com/printable.php?property_ID=59 - broken link)

I also believe that the last home similar to that in the neighborhood sold for $650. I'm almost positive it was the same floorplan and size (4700ft^2), just a different lot.

Also, we went out of town this week for our interviews up in the panhandle. I don't think it's going to work out with us going up there. The positions we interviewed for really weren't that great and the companies we're at here in Orlando have much better benefits, including flex-time, which is almost necessity with an infant in the house. So, it looks like we're going to be staying right where we are for the time being.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:03 AM

Hi Sokelly: Is "aol" your ISP? I will tell you how much I offer. I just don't want to write it here, just in case something changes.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:54 AM

20 posts, read 70,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pily View Post
Hi Sokelly: Is "aol" your ISP? I will tell you how much I offer. I just don't want to write it here, just in case something changes.
If you want, you can e-mail me at kellys @ cfl.rr.com ...just remove the spaces.

Old 10-06-2007, 06:29 PM

4 posts, read 12,469 times
You should seriously consider any newer home off Narcoossee Road. There will even be an entrance to the medical coordiator across from Eagle Creek Golf Community. The zip code is 32832 if you want to do a home search. the area seems expensive, but a lot of areas have reduced pricing in the $200's.

Best of Luck!

Old 10-08-2007, 07:28 PM

Hi Sokelly: I sent you an e-mail to your e-mail address. Did you receive it?

Old 11-03-2007, 07:29 AM

93 posts, read 357,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prichard View Post
You won't find new single family homes in the Lake Nona area selling for less than $400,000. I suspect that they are more in the 500-700K range. Townhomes are an option.
Not true, with the way the market is there are plenty of bargains. A 2500 sq. ft. on a corner lot by me just got reduced from $347,000 to $299,000 and it is in a beautiful community in Lake Nona.

It all comes down to research, research, research

Old 11-03-2007, 07:16 PM

3 posts, read 10,143 times
Default Lake Nona area

Hello, Now is the time to buy in Lake Nona. Prices have dropped 15-10% and there are some incredible choice from $250-350K.
[mod]website[\mod]
Good Luck in your home search.

Last edited by Keeper; 11-03-2007 at 07:30 PM.. Reason: Website not allowed

Old 02-06-2008, 07:00 AM

4 posts, read 19,293 times
I would agree that the best schools are in Seminole county. I would avoid anything near the medical school/lake nona area for the following reasons:
1)it is in Orange county (inferior schools).
2)It is next to the airport.
3)The VA hospital in the medical city cluster would have a building with 70 beds for homeless vets.
4)It is near the army firing range-Even if there are not any unexploded munition found directly on lake nona, there is a concern that the toxic chemicals used (arsenic and phosporus-these are the ones that the army has just admitted so who knows what else is there) have leaked in the whole area.

Last edited by Marta1; 02-06-2008 at 07:02 AM.. Reason: misspelling

Old 02-06-2008, 08:42 AM

3 posts, read 10,143 times
Default Totally incorrect

That is totally incorrect. The Lake Nona area is NOT zoned for Vista Lakes schools which is the firing range. Also, there is a BRAND new high school being built for the area, scheduled to be completed in 2009. Also, the elementary school is A rated with one of the best reputations of any school in central Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando