Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 04:54 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times

Advertisements

You might not have problem living in a neighborhood with short-term rentals, but many people like to know their neighbors and not have the transience of a short-term community.

Also the traffic in 34711 isn't bad at all. Since they've opened several new roads to take the impact off of 50, even 50 breezes along most of the time. I'd rather deal with a little traffic created byb locals than tourists that stop dead in the middle of the road because they are lost--and you get a lot of that on 27 down near 192.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 01:57 PM

7 posts, read 31,254 times
Default Clermont

In reply to annerk:

I was just trying to assist someone who is looking to move to the area. I AM on 27 everyday, and have NEVER had tourists or any other person stop on the road because they are lost. Also, even though our sub-division permits short-term rentals, all of my neighbors own their houses and have since we moved here. We know our neighbors. I was just making a suggestion to someone, and since I have lived here for several years, I was telling them what out neighborhood is like. Just because you seemed to have had some issues on 27 doesn't mean everyone has....and yes, I have been up by 50 in Clermont weekly (I know the back roads also), and the traffice isn't any better than by 192. The whole Clermont area and outlying areas are all nice areas to live in.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:13 PM

4 posts, read 7,411 times
Could someone please tell me about the neighborhood on 15841 Wilkinson DR, Clermont, FL 34714? around Rte. 27 and road 474 country road.....All I keep reading on this blogs is bad reviews from a couple people that heard about it but not actaullly live there.(Unreliable information)

When I check on google maps all I see in that area is beutiful neighbor hoods and pampered lawns.

I am trying to buy a house in Wilkinson drive around Rte. 27 and road 474 country road and I need your feedback.

Last edited by gatoneko; 02-27-2010 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: I want to move from MA to FL Looking for house around 34714

Old 02-27-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBix View Post
We live in zip code 34714, and have had NO ISSUES with some houses being short term rentals. The elementary school is excellent. You are close to Disney, and do not have the traffic you have closer to Route 50 (34711 zip code - actual city of Clermont). Many nice houses are available due to the poor economy.
Littlebix...I am interetsed on buying a home on 15854 Wilkinson Dr. 34714 near RT 27 and 474 Country Road.
Could you please once and for all tell me if all the bad rap on 34714 is just puritan,prepy,spoiled,wisteria lane feed from some house wife that lives in a half million dollar home.

I need real facts and not the "I heard" like ANNEK's comments..which seems to be always 3rd party he say she said....Annek I don't mean to use your quotes but I really would like to hear the feed back from someone like LITTLEBIX....Who actually lives in the 34714 area.

Old 02-27-2010, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatoneko View Post
Could someone please tell me about the neighborhood on 15841 Wilkinson DR, Clermont, FL 34714? around Rte. 27 and road 474 country road.....All I keep reading on this blogs is bad reviews from a couple people that heard about it but not actaullly live there.(Unreliable information)

When I check on google maps all I see in that area is beutiful neighbor hoods and pampered lawns.

I am trying to buy a house in Wilkinson drive around Rte. 27 and road 474 country road and I need your feedback.
I live in Clermont--although north of that area. That is not actually in Clermont, but rather unincorporated Lake County with a Clermont mailing address.

That neighborhood is directly across from a low income apartment complex that has had a disproportionate level of criminal activity.

Additionally what looks like a beautiful neighborhood from an aerial photo and what it's really like are often very different. There are a significant number (probably a good 20% or more) of foreclosures/lis pendens/REO's/etc. in that community, and that means a HOA that might not be financially solvent and lawns not being cared for.

Additionally there are a lot (well over 25%) of short-term rentals in that neighborhood--and that type of transience always leads to higher crime. Nobody knows who should and shouldn't be there, and when you don't know your neighbors you tend to not call the police to report suspicious activity.

I would tread very carefully.

Old 02-27-2010, 05:22 PM

I understand understand that 34711 is the place to live...Trust me I know...I own 2 houses in that area.
Now,I am interested on 34714 and I can't believe that the area have such a bad rap. Specially that the area is so close to Disney and short term rental had to produced satisfied customers or they will never come back to rent.

What would you consider bad neighborhood? Drugs,rape,Breakins,car theft? F.Y.I 34711 area has "34" Sex offenders which is high and there are only 10 in the 34714. Therefore,I don't understand how you failed to mentioned that little fact about your precious 34711.

If there is something that I have learn is to listen carefully to people's feed back and their source of info.

Like your comments about "ILLEGALS" careful you mentioned to me,well the same I tell you to do,because Puerto Ricans are Hispanic and perhaps you think that all of them are "ILLEGALS"...Do me a favor,don't tell me how should I write on a blog....You have absolutely no right to tell me what to write.....So be careful how you tread as well!

Old 02-27-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatoneko View Post
I understand understand that 34711 is the place to live...Trust me I know...I own 2 houses in that area.
Now,I am interested on 34714 and I can't believe that the area have such a bad rap. Specially that the area is so close to Disney and short term rental had to produced satisfied customers or they will never come back to rent.
Renting for a week and living someplace are two different things.

Quote:
What would you consider bad neighborhood? Drugs,rape,Breakins,car theft? F.Y.I 34711 area has "34" Sex offenders which is high and there are only 10 in the 34714. Therefore,I don't understand how you failed to mentioned that little fact about your precious 34711.
Call the Sheriff's department if you don't believe me about the crime in that area. Yes, drugs, break ins, and car thefts. Additionally, 34711 encompasses areas outside of Clermont, and is a much larger geographic area than 34714 as far as sex offenders go.

Quote:
If there is something that I have learn is to listen carefully to people's feed back and their source of info.

Like your comments about "ILLEGALS" careful you mentioned to me,well the same I tell you to do,because Puerto Ricans are Hispanic and perhaps you think that all of them are "ILLEGALS"...Do me a favor,don't tell me how should I write on a blog....You have absolutely no right to tell me what to write.....So be careful how you tread as well!
I'm not sure what any of that has to do with the question you asked and I answered. Are you foolish enough to think that I don't realize that Puerto Ricans are US citizens and Hispanic? Every Cuban is Hispanic and in this country here legally as well. I'm not telling you how to write (this isn't a blog) and am really confused as to what your little rant is all about.

I'm not sure what the problem is, you asked for information, I provided factual information. Frankly if you want to buy there, I could care less, no skin off my nose. But don't ask for information if you don't want the answer.

Old 02-27-2010, 06:10 PM

1,000 posts, read 3,347,776 times
Well...that was just wierd...

Old 02-27-2010, 06:46 PM

Annek:
You are right... I will call the sheriff and request more information about the area. Thanks for you input.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:59 PM

205 posts, read 653,876 times
Verde Ridge is a really nice yet affordable sub in Clermont.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando