Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 12:00 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,211,164 times

Advertisements

Might want to look into St. Cloud or neighborhoods in Kissimmee around the Lake Toho areas.

http://casacieloazul.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 12:11 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times
IMO that's equivalent to moving to Homestead...

Old 09-09-2009, 02:08 PM

1,988 posts, read 7,145,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
IMO that's equivalent to moving to Homestead...
I agree.

Old 09-09-2009, 05:35 PM

18 posts, read 41,024 times
Thank you all for your suggestions. All the areas around Orlando look like possiblities. I'm sortof liking what I see nort and northeast of Orlando. A little seperation while still having access to Orlando. In the northeast areas are there any neighborhoods in perticular that I should look into?

Old 09-09-2009, 08:21 PM

1,639 posts, read 5,098,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
Might want to look into St. Cloud or neighborhoods in Kissimmee around the Lake Toho areas.

Casa Cielo Azul - Our Home in Florida
Place looks nice too me!

Old 09-09-2009, 08:59 PM

976 posts, read 1,110,978 times
Look into Oviedo and Winter Springs. And stay away from living in Orlando, Kissimmee, Poinciana... You dont wanna leave S FL and come to Orlando just to put up with the same BS you did down there. Trust me, choose wisely and do lots of research.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:40 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,145,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusses View Post
Look into Oviedo and Winter Springs. And stay away from living in Orlando, Kissimmee, Poinciana... You dont wanna leave S FL and come to Orlando just to put up with the same BS you did down there. Trust me, choose wisely and do lots of research.
I agree with avoiding Kissimmee and Poinciana, but Orlando is may too large and spread out to just say to ignore. Most areas outside the city limits still carry an Orlando address and are nice: Dr Phillips, Lake Nona, Conway, etc. There are also several nice areas in the city like College Park, Thornton Park, Audubon Park, Delaney Park, Colonialtown, Baldwin Park.

Just avoid areas west of I-4 and east of Clarke Road and south of 414 with the exception of College Park. Avoid anything around the Florida Mall or Mall at Millenia (Oak Ridge, Sky Lake, South OBT, parts of South Chase). If you do choose west of I-4, stay south of Conroy-Windermere and west of Hiawassee.

The east side, just stay clear of the Semoran and Goldenrod corridors, as well as Union Park right along E Colonial from Semoran to Rouse.
Winter Springs and Oviedo are definitely nice, but it does not mean that you have to completely throw Orlando out the window.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:08 AM

976 posts, read 1,110,978 times
Oviedo and WS, to me, dont have that Orlando "get outta my way" feeling that the person is probably trying to get away from in S FL. If you can work and live in Oviedo or WS w/o having to drive in Orlando, I think that's the best bet. Driving with all the different styles and people in Orlando makes one wanna pull their hair out. Oviedo residents are just more ............. normal.

Old 09-10-2009, 12:08 PM

895 posts, read 2,365,600 times
I live in east orlando near UCF and oviedo and it's a nice area. It's slower and calmer than south florida and it is "colder" in the "winter". Orlando averages 2 freezes a year (lows below 32 degrees) but thats it. Last winter it got to 25 degrees in my location but keep in mind this only lasts for like literally 2 days then it will be back in the 70/60ss for highs and 50/40s for lows. Usually december-february you can expect High in the 60s to middle 70s and lows in the 40s to middle 50s.

I assume our summer is the same as south florida's. The only major difference is we get out first "cold front" usually in the middle of october (bringing temperatures from 90 to 80 and lows from 70 to 60), while in south florida you usually dont get your first cold front until the middle of november. But our summers here are probably hotter due to being inland and away from the cooling effect of the ocean.

Old 09-10-2009, 12:21 PM

995 posts, read 1,694,500 times
I moved from Ft. Lauderdale to Baltimore to San Antonio and am moving to Orlando next month.

You described San Antonio perfectly in your original post; may want to consider it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando