Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 05:27 PM

207 posts, read 1,029,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTownKnight View Post
Orlando is not that bad of an area. Most of the crime is in a few small areas, and as long as you stay out of those areas you'll be fine. South Orlando is very nice near the theme parks, dr. philips and windermere is definitely a good area, and east orlando is very nice as well, with Oviedo being a great neighborhood and of course UCF providing the college town feel to the eastern part of Orlando. Great city overall!
Yeah, I don't get the point of this thread. Orlando overall is quite nice, and anyone with a computer and the wherewithal to visit this site is not going to need the "sketchy" areas pointed out.

I don't mind looking at sketchy areas if it is a part of an artistic endeavor, like how Detroit is portrayed in many documentaries...the downfall of an industy and whatnot, that's cool to me.

Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Granny Sue; 06-02-2010 at 07:12 AM.. Reason: off topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 05:15 PM

46 posts, read 125,814 times
i have never been to orlando but all cities have bad area, for all i know the area is just poor and run down. people could be nice.... but all cities have bad areas like that pic.. dont judge a book by its cover

Old 06-02-2010, 05:26 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,766,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trein444 View Post
i have never been to orlando but all cities have bad area, for all i know the area is just poor and run down. people could be nice.... but all cities have bad areas like that pic.. dont judge a book by its cover
It's true. All cities have areas that you would not want to walk through based on the fact that you don't know anyone and there are always criminals looking to take advantage of people. It doesn't matter if it's NY or Orlando a hood is a hood because if you don't know anyone there then it is putting yourself in danger to go through the bad areas

Old 06-02-2010, 08:19 PM

1,416 posts, read 3,195,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
Is there a point to this subject?

How does that inform people wanting to come to the central Florida area?

Are you also going to do a thread on the nice areas?
Agreed Like WTF

Old 06-08-2010, 07:33 PM

69 posts, read 188,906 times
orlando is a nice city and been here 10yrs and love it . They do have some shady parts but you get to know them and easily stay away from those areas. Dont let those pictures give you a negative view of Orlando

Old 06-08-2010, 09:45 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,766,509 times
Let me re-iterate here the title of this thread is Orlando bad/sketchy "areas"...no one on here is saying Orlando is a bad city overall. This is about posting pics or talking about the bad/sketchy "areas" in Orlando and informing people who have never been to Orlando or people who have no idea of which areas are bad.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:41 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,470,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Let me re-iterate here the title of this thread is Orlando bad/sketchy "areas"...no one on here is saying Orlando is a bad city overall. This is about posting pics or talking about the bad/sketchy "areas" in Orlando and informing people who have never been to Orlando or people who have no idea of which areas are bad.

I get your point but others also have the right to state their opinions that these skecthy parts don't seem so bad and that others cities have worse areas.
This thread also started back in Oct '09 when the theme of the day was "bash Orlando".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando