U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 10:50 AM

1 posts, read 3,427 times
Unhappy Roach problem

I live in Orlando Florida and have live in my house for nearly 20 years and although I have like most people here had a few bug issues over the years it has never been anything to bad until recently. There are 2 house just one house over from mine that were vacated and the owner tented the house and every since they did that my house is over run with roaches . I opened a drawer in the kitchen and 10 roaches came crawling out , my bathroom and back bedroom is crawling, its unbelievable I have been spraying and spraying but no luck they keep coming back I have to be careful what I use because I have cats and one just had kittens. Does anyone pls have any suggestions because there getting worse and since I have never had to call pest control before I dont know which ones are good or wont try to sell me a bunch of stuff I really dont need . Thanks so much for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 10:56 AM

23,512 posts, read 30,966,214 times
I use Home Team and am extremely happy with them.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:57 AM

1,870 posts, read 2,544,271 times
Call the pest company, pronto. That is definitely an extreme case. They can probably spray in the walls. I used to have a few around, but I rarely see them now...even over the course of the hot summer. I placed Raid Roach baits all over my house...about 24 of them (2 boxes). Every kitchen cabinet and drawers, tops of cabinets, bathrooms, bathroom cabinets, under beds...you name it. It worked. I see a roach about once a month.

Raid Max® Double Control Large Roach Baits

Old 10-06-2009, 11:13 AM

495 posts, read 1,505,676 times
Buy some of that roach bait gel.

Take off every one of your electric receptacle covers and switch plates and put a spot or two on the back of each one.

Just doing this has kept my house roach free for years.

Although you might do this as an after thought after you have rid the house of them as you have a major infestation, so they wont come back.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:15 PM

7,912 posts, read 6,850,281 times
Go to Walgreen or CVS and buy a bottle of Boric acid. it is a white powder. place it liberally behind the stove, frig and any place out of sight. It will kill them very wuickly and keep new infestations down and you won't have a monthly recurring fee.... It works. I use it in all the homes I manage as rentals for others. It saves my owners a fortune.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:34 PM

35 posts, read 83,238 times
eucalyptus sprigs in all the cupboards, under sinks et al. I never knew about this wonder thing until recently. Bomb the place first them place the sprigs wherever you see them

Old 10-07-2009, 06:24 AM

1,012 posts, read 1,706,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wacahootaman View Post
Buy some of that roach bait gel.

Take off every one of your electric receptacle covers and switch plates and put a spot or two on the back of each one.

Just doing this has kept my house roach free for years.

Although you might do this as an after thought after you have rid the house of them as you have a major infestation, so they wont come back.

We use Heron, but this is exactly what they do...gel bait in all receptacles and on the back of all drawers. They also treat the lawn with a 3 foot border of some type of pesticide (pet friendly after 2 hours) to keep a barrier protection) they also put a liquid into all the windows to form a barrier to crossing.

Hope this helps a little.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:10 AM

2 posts, read 4,016 times
thanks every one for the good responses to Chero.

I have the darn things in my car!!!!!! I traded in my last car because of them. Now here I go again. I tossed some motel bait things in my car, and sprayed some, Im not sure what it will do to the interior.

I used Raid that has an outdoor fresh scent. I will say that is a lot better for the smell.

I sprayed something connected to a water hose last week outside all around the house with a 4 ft barrier.

I find the brown roaches in my car, and the creepy palmeto bugs in the house, I thought I smashed one this morning, wrong!!!! he got in a box i was going to throw away so i tossed the whole box out the door. Im leaving in a few minutes to get all the stuff mentioned in this forum, thank you all so very much.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:52 AM

209 posts, read 437,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Go to Walgreen or CVS and buy a bottle of Boric acid. it is a white powder. place it liberally behind the stove, frig and any place out of sight. It will kill them very wuickly and keep new infestations down and you won't have a monthly recurring fee.... It works. I use it in all the homes I manage as rentals for others. It saves my owners a fortune.

This ++++ 100

I used to have a local BIG name pest control company. This is what they used. They have it in small hand pumps and pump it underneath the baseboards, window sills, ANY crevice.

They only went to the harder more expensive stuff for around sink pipes where they used a foam that stayed put.

It really works. You can buy the hand pumps and the boric acid at the do it yourself pest control store.

Ever since our contract termed out (5-7 years ago), I have used boric acid with great results. I bought one bottle at the hardware store that is mixed with some type of roach pherormone that atracts them.

I also make my own bait stations for ants, I mix boric acid with sugar and water, and make it into a paste, place it in bottle caps, and place those in hidden places where I know they will get to them.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:49 PM

289 posts, read 158,233 times
as stated, you can buy boric acid tablets and toss them into hard to reach areas. It works much better than sprays cause the bugs eat the acid and it kills them. I know it is safe for humans and used in many internal medicines but don't know how safe it with pets around.

but it works much better than sprays but the pest control companies won't tell you that cause they want the $$$
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando