Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 10:01 AM

93 posts, read 403,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAMIMANEFOSHO View Post
I used to live in Miami and realize that Orlando doesn't even compare to the way people are there yet, but i was just recognizing how much things have changed in Orlando since i moved here in 2000. It just keeps getting worse as far as peoples anger and rudness is concerned and we have alot more Puerto Ricans from NY than i ever remember having in Miami.....at least most of the Cubans in Miami aren't as arrogant and rude....the Cubans actually embrace this country and Puerto Ricans claim to have it so bad and just exploit our country and basically **** on our flag by not having the courtesy to put both flags up on there little smeely rearviews....they only care about themselves and ride around like they want to impress people with thier stories of war and hard times as if they lived in somalia or somthing....hey they came from NY not somolia or even Miami for that matter......i always here these New Yorkers tell stories like they came from a war zone but when i read statistics i see a totally different story....Where im from in Miami you couldn't dress like a thug unless you were ready to be tested so i never tried and New Yorkers just put thug clothes on thier babies and let them grow up thinking theyve had a hard life because the way they dressed....how can you spot a fake thug if everyone is dressed like that after birth and most dont actually experience thug life.....they are putting on a big show.....too any one who tells me different from NY......will you please just read some statistics.....yeah maybe you saw some **** but other places things like what you saw in life happen alot more so actually read and study things before you try to tell a story of how bad Brooklyn is or queens.....guess it hurts more to be shot up there than it does anywhere else in the world and a robbery is scarier with all those buildings around you.....I never said i hate the city of New York itself but just tired of all the people abroad who misrepresent it......
Last time I looked the Puerto Rican Flag was the same as the American Flag. However, the flag that you refer to is the flag that looks similar to the Cuban Flag, which would be no different than flying the State of Florida Flag or the confederate. We get nothing for nothing - our boys have been killed in many wars and are presently in Iraq as AMERICAN CITIZENS (which we are) not as immigrants or aliens as some uneducated people seem to refer to us as. Get informed and learn that Puerto Ricans are American Citizens. Get over it. However, it is a shame that the Americans love to treat everyone else as second class citizens, put everyone down constantly and mock and make fun of anyone trying to speak the English language. However, most cannot even spell correctly and they were born here and educated here.

Our Puerto Rican boys fought in every war, with pride and are still doing so today in Iraq, they never deserted and went to Canada.

Funny, even though we are citizens, have to go and fight for the good old USA, we are not allowed to vote for the US President, so don't judge us and look at yourself first and judge yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2007, 05:52 AM

4 posts, read 10,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prichard View Post
I don't have any problem with New Yorkers, so long's they stay down there in Miami Beach where they belong. Leave the rest of Florida alone.

Just remember a true "New Yorker" in Central Florida stands out, just as bad as a hillbilly from the Uplands of South Carolina would stand out in Brooklyn. Y'all come down hear wearing your NY Mets T-shirts and hats, big gold jewlery everywhere, gaudy cloths and thick makeup on women; go into stores and start yelling at each other from 1/2 way across the store; scream at your children, but let them run around like idiots.

Then, not only do y'all speak with these real thick accents, but you curse like sailors - even around children, are snotty to everyone that even looks your way, and think it's "cool" to talk like ghetto dwellers. When I hear some idiot with a loud booming radio from 1/4 mile away, it turns out that more often than not, if they are white, they have all kinds of New York stickers all over their POS car. The bottom line is that we southern folks preceive you as having no couth, no breeding, absolutely no respect for our culture, obnoxious about imposing your culture on us natives, having runny "talkety-talk" mouths, loose morals, and a total lack of any parenting skills.
This person is exactly the reason why my parents taught me to be tolerant of people because of how they were raised and they just do not know any better. It is your type that gives Southern people a bad reputation. Do fellow Southerners a favor and speak for only yourself with such a ignorant opinion.

Old 05-20-2007, 06:51 AM

442 posts, read 2,912,865 times
Last time I looked the Puerto Rican Flag was the same as the American Flag. However, the flag that you refer to is the flag that looks similar to the Cuban Flag, which would be no different than flying the State of Florida Flag or the confederate.
ONE problem with that is that we the people that would like to fly the Confed Flag are not allowed or are looked down upon for it.. and im sorry i look down upon the Puerto Rican flags because most of the ones i see flying are the Iditos that where NOT born there but are wannabees!

Old 06-02-2007, 03:46 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,633 times
I wish all the people here would stop talking about things and say that one place is worse than another from statistical points of view. Not personal points of view. Because i know New Yorkers that have never had a gun pulled on them and they say it is worse there and i know people from everywhere else that say the same just to make thier area seem tougher thereby making them seem tougher, so no one will dare start anything with them. Sorta like a defense mechanism. Please bring statistics of the Bronx, or of Opa- Locka, or of Pine Hills Florida and then compare who is worse.

By the way if you really want to compare The south and North on how the geto looks but haven't lived there ever then google maps is the place. Just go to google maps and hit street view and you can go through those getos and look around for yourself and then report to us on which one you would choose to live if you had to pick one then put up statistics please.

thank you

Old 06-02-2007, 09:29 AM

239 posts, read 799,469 times
Default Just a thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
there are tons of idiot ny-ers in orlando? wow, never knew that. i moved to lauderdale area 5 yrs ago from Long Island largely to get away from NY and all the bullsh*t and as*holes up there. unfortunately i found that lauderdale had been completely invaded by the worst form of ny-er a long time ago. even the non nyers here try and act like mafia tough guys, its so absurd. south florida is almost all nyers, ny posers, wannabes, losers and fakes and then u have the 3rd world refugees fighting to survive. i cant imagine orlando is like this??? well im moving to tampa in a few weeks, i'd rather live in NY than south florida.
I don't think the problem is people from NY, Puerto Rico, or California, or anywhere else based solely on where they hail from. I think we simply get the WORST from NY, the WORST from Puerto Rico, and the WORST from California.

In my opinion, merely from observation, there are 6 types of people in Orlando:

1. Transferred for work, and will be leaving within the next three years – this includes the people who live Mickey and Tink a little too much (10%)
2. Transferred for work, became unusually successful and may never leave (10%)
3. Young, college-age, and will be leaving in the next four years (10%)
4. Retired to Orlando for the weather (15%)
5. Lower class looking for a $6 per hour job while they raise their hoodlum kids (25%)
6. Downright trash, illegals and lost souls (30%)

So my perception is that 20% of the population is transient, and 55% is trashy and has a propensity for violence and/or a life subsidized by welfare. The other 25% represent what should be the vast majority in a normal city.

America is on a tilt, and all the loose nuts roll to Florida. If the Lord’s willing and the creek don’t rise, I’m out of there in 24 months!

Old 06-02-2007, 09:31 AM

239 posts, read 799,469 times
Default Oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Flanders View Post
people who live Mickey and Tink a little too much
I meant "love", not "live".

Old 06-03-2007, 03:18 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Flanders View Post
I don't think the problem is people from NY, Puerto Rico, or California, or anywhere else based solely on where they hail from. I think we simply get the WORST from NY, the WORST from Puerto Rico, and the WORST from California.

In my opinion, merely from observation, there are 6 types of people in Orlando:

1. Transferred for work, and will be leaving within the next three years – this includes the people who live Mickey and Tink a little too much (10%)
2. Transferred for work, became unusually successful and may never leave (10%)
3. Young, college-age, and will be leaving in the next four years (10%)
4. Retired to Orlando for the weather (15%)
5. Lower class looking for a $6 per hour job while they raise their hoodlum kids (25%)
6. Downright trash, illegals and lost souls (30%)

So my perception is that 20% of the population is transient, and 55% is trashy and has a propensity for violence and/or a life subsidized by welfare. The other 25% represent what should be the vast majority in a normal city.

America is on a tilt, and all the loose nuts roll to Florida. If the Lord’s willing and the creek don’t rise, I’m out of there in 24 months!
Good luck with your move. I saw more lost souls than I ever saw in NYC; homeless, hopeless, unemployed. There seems to be no hope for change- in Ft Lauderdale the homeless are run over in the street- seriously I never witnessed this in NY, its very sad.

Old 06-03-2007, 05:57 AM

672 posts, read 905,468 times
Default "There but for the grace of God, go I"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
Good luck with your move. I saw more lost souls than I ever saw in NYC; homeless, hopeless, unemployed. There seems to be no hope for change- in Ft Lauderdale the homeless are run over in the street- seriously I never witnessed this in NY, its very sad.
That is what my Grandma always used to say to me as a child growing up in NYC whenever we would see a homeless person. Grandma would always stop and give them any change she had.

About 15 years ago my husband lost his IT job. He was out of work for almost 9 months and we were in dire straights. Our mortgage was way in areers and we were getting food from a local church food pantry. It was Christmas time and of course there were no gifts for our kids. My Mom gave my older daughter, who was 11 at the time, $15 to buy a tape of a song she liked as Christmas present.

It was a cold, snowy day when I took my daughter to the Mall to buy that tape. In the parking lot we saw a bag lady sitting on the ground in the snow with her shopping cart next to her. The woman was in very bad shape. She was wearing a thin dress with just a few sweaters on. Her exposed legs were covered with sores.

My daughter stopped when she saw her. She stood there looking at her for a few minutes and then told me that she didn't want to buy the tape. She said she wanted to give her money to this woman, or as she put it, "I have a nice warm home, food in my stomach, and a family who loves me." "This woman needs the money more than I need a tape." I almost started crying when she said that. I told my daughter instead of just giving her the money, let's find a deli and buy the woman something to eat. So we bought her soup, a sandwich, and a cup of coffee. As my daughter gave the woman the food, she said to my daughter, "God Bless You, My Child."

Out of the blue two days later my husband got a phone call from a former coworker he hadn't heard from in years. The man said he had been sitting in his office and just happened to think of him and decided to call to see how he was doing. He was now the head of an IT department and offered him a job on the spot. Within two weeks my husband was working again and making more money than at his previous job.

Coincidence? Fate? An Angel? Call it whatever you will, but I never saw that bag lady ever again in that Mall.

Incidentally, the name of the song that my daughter wanted to buy was, "What Goes Around, Comes Around". For as long as I live I will never, ever forget this incident.

Just something to think about.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:18 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,213,769 times
forunately for us sunnyhelena, not everywhere in fla is like where you used to live. i personally could not afford to live in south fla, but there are some really nice towns to live in down there.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:34 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
Your post is quite telling backtofl; I lived in Boca- but chose to not be blinded to those in the state who were living an impoverished life.

I worked in Ft Lauderdale, lived in Boca. I loved Boca; but the things you would see in Broward County- were horrible. Just posting my experience. The entry to the Fl Turnpike always had a homeless man begging -he had a dog with him. I gave him money. It is sad to see these things- unless you are blind, you cant help but be affected. Why doesnt the state enact some sort of program?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando