U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 06:20 PM

2,227 posts, read 7,200,994 times

Advertisements

i dunno, when i lived in nc, (the asheville area), there were bums all over downtown. they didnt really bother me, but i have heard of them hounding ppl for food and money. i walked out of a restaurant once to be immediately bombarded for food, i had leftovers, so i gave it to the man. i am sure he ate it up. sad to see.

actually, in the orlando area, ppl have tables set out in downtown, and once in a while someone cooks lots of food and the bums can eat. a nice thing to do for sure, but the police do not like it. i guess they want them gone, not grouped together eating food while shoppers are shopping. i can see both sides, but atleast they got fed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2007, 01:07 PM

1,352 posts, read 5,490,366 times
That is funny how some people on here from New York will say how it is much more dangerous here in Florida on this page but when i meet them in another conversation they will say stuff like we have never seen stuff that happens like it does in New York.....or something like that....I personally believe if you get shot in Orlando or robbed in Miami that it couldnt be any worse in New York if that happens to you.....it happens everywhere....and i wish these paople would stop imposing on us that a place they come from is worse or better in any way.....enjoy where you are at or you will live in negativity which will poison your mind

Old 06-04-2007, 01:27 PM

2,267 posts, read 2,083,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyitalianmami76 View Post
I guess every state has their pluses and minuses but I can't help it if I miss things about where i lived most of my life hun
At the risk of repeating myself...

Why are you living in a place you don't like??
If you miss New York, go home...I'm not trying to be rude just using some common sense here...Life is WAY to short to live in a place where you are not happy.

Old 06-07-2007, 02:53 AM

29 posts, read 196,334 times
What percentage of the people you met were from new york?

Old 06-07-2007, 02:59 AM

29 posts, read 196,334 times
If you don't mind I will ask this to you too.What percentage of people that you meet in Southern Fla were from New York and the Northeast

Old 06-07-2007, 07:14 AM

165 posts, read 569,543 times
I'm from Philadelphia.Been down here for over 11 years.YES SOMETHINGS OUR DIFFERENT .Yes it may take time to get use to a new area. But I really enjoyed my time here the weather is good most of the year. Lots to do .No one broke my arm to come down here. I might be moving to ga. for a change but my time here was enjoyable. As for the poor homeless it's such a shame .There were a lot of them in Phila. SAD HOCKEYMOM your daughter has a good heart . When we do right things work out .

Old 07-03-2007, 12:55 PM

2 posts, read 3,340 times
New York and Puerto Rico must really suck because that's were most people in Orlando come from. Where are all these people going to go after they ruin Orlando?

Old 07-03-2007, 02:41 PM

hopefully not northern fla, but my guess is... further up florida's coast, if not ga and nc. they are already seeing a transformation up there, and they are not happy.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:51 PM

1,418 posts, read 8,905,402 times
Yep, thinking of getting some land in Arkansas. No one seems to be moving there causing trouble.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:00 PM

prichard, why not northern ga? it isnt as popular as nc and tn, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando