U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 08:29 AM

1,418 posts, read 8,912,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
prichard, why not northern ga? it isnt as popular as nc and tn, right?

Backtofla, I've got a little cabin in N. Georgia. You'd be surprised how many people from Central Florida have moved up there. A lot of people from South Florida have moved to the little town of Blue Ridge (also a lot of Atlantians with 2nd homes there too). The locals aren't too happy about it. I've sort of avoided that area, but not due to who is/isn't moving there. I just liked Rabun Co. a little better - it's got the River and Lake Burton

If Floridians (me included) and Atlantians end up messing up N. Georgia, Arkansas is on my list of places I'd consider retiring to. But for now, I absolutely love N. Georgia!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2007, 09:32 AM

11 posts, read 31,432 times
yes there are (smiles)

Old 07-31-2007, 08:20 PM

17 posts, read 53,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAMIMANEFOSHO View Post
I used to live in Miami and realize that Orlando doesn't even compare to the way people are there yet, but i was just recognizing how much things have changed in Orlando since i moved here in 2000. It just keeps getting worse as far as peoples anger and rudness is concerned and we have alot more Puerto Ricans from NY than i ever remember having in Miami.....at least most of the Cubans in Miami aren't as arrogant and rude....the Cubans actually embrace this country and Puerto Ricans claim to have it so bad and just exploit our country and basically **** on our flag by not having the courtesy to put both flags up on there little smeely rearviews....they only care about themselves and ride around like they want to impress people with thier stories of war and hard times as if they lived in somalia or somthing....hey they came from NY not somolia or even Miami for that matter......i always here these New Yorkers tell stories like they came from a war zone but when i read statistics i see a totally different story....Where im from in Miami you couldn't dress like a thug unless you were ready to be tested so i never tried and New Yorkers just put thug clothes on thier babies and let them grow up thinking theyve had a hard life because the way they dressed....how can you spot a fake thug if everyone is dressed like that after birth and most dont actually experience thug life.....they are putting on a big show.....too any one who tells me different from NY......will you please just read some statistics.....yeah maybe you saw some **** but other places things like what you saw in life happen alot more so actually read and study things before you try to tell a story of how bad Brooklyn is or queens.....guess it hurts more to be shot up there than it does anywhere else in the world and a robbery is scarier with all those buildings around you.....I never said i hate the city of New York itself but just tired of all the people abroad who misrepresent it......
There are several things I would like to educate you about...let's start with learning how to spell. "Thier" as you spelled it in many of your post is spelled, "their." And now lets talk about your country. Puerto Rico is a part of America!! Now I know the school systems aren't that great but then again I thought you might have learned basic spelling and concepts.

As for the way us Puerto Ricans act. You can assume what you want. Yes there some people who may follow a certain stero type, but there are many Puerto Rican people who are well educated and don't live the "ghetto" life you describe. I am sure there are plenty of Southern people who follow stero types, you don't see us posting constantly about who much we hate you.

Have you ever lived in NYC, struggling to make it by? Then deciding to try to make a better life for your family by moving to only be rejected by the native people who are supposedly friendly? For New Yorker's when times get tough we do what we have to, to survive, even if it means defending ourselves from other people who hate us after we answer the question, "so where are you from?"

Old 07-31-2007, 09:45 PM

2,227 posts, read 7,206,323 times
you stated: "There are several things I would like to educate you about...let's start with learning how to spell."

and then you wrote:

"Yes there some people who may follow a certain stero type,"
"I am sure there are plenty of Southern people who follow stero types"

i'm not always a good speller either.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:46 PM

8 posts, read 60,926 times
Peace, I believe Orlando will become just like some areas in California where there is a big mix of interests and they will feed each other. There is room for everyone. www.MoveNowToFlorida.com

Old 07-31-2007, 11:39 PM

1,352 posts, read 5,494,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus' Mom View Post

Have you ever lived in NYC, struggling to make it by?

Have you ever lived out of a car looking for a way to get your next meal in somewhere outside of NYC?......I did and other people in lets say Nebraska or Alabama have experienced hard times like you are talking about to.....hope you dont say its worse in NYC ....its bad for certain individuals everywhere

Old 08-01-2007, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
Have you ever lived out of a car looking for a way to get your next meal in somewhere outside of NYC?......I did and other people in lets say Nebraska or Alabama have experienced hard times like you are talking about to.....hope you dont say its worse in NYC ....its bad for certain individuals everywhere
If you read everything I said, you would get the point I was trying to make about people trying to make better lives for themselves and their families and being rejected for who they are and where they are from...

Old 08-02-2007, 03:41 AM

1,352 posts, read 5,494,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus' Mom View Post
If you read everything I said, you would get the point I was trying to make about people trying to make better lives for themselves and their families and being rejected for who they are and where they are from...

i see your point, but people discriminate against the south "all" the time, but when a southerner retaliates and says something about another area all hell breaks loose....on top of that ...you dont have floods of southrners moving into NYC and talking crap about everything there on their home turf, but we do (New Yorkers that come here) and thats why you hear people say what they say....its from conversations we here at the store or in resturants where New Yorkers are complaining about how nothing is as good or like it is in NYC....we can tell the difference of them just talking to people in thier group or them just being loud to let "everyone" around them know what they think about our state.....most southerners dont visit NYC and say things like that when we are there.....im not saying all New Yorkers are guilty of this but for the ones who are (which is alot) we as southerners wished you wouldnt come in someones house and walk with muddy shoes on the carpet or tell us our kitchen is too small or our TV isnt as nice....thats all....but my words wont change anything....because it all comes from being homesick for most of the people that have attitudes

Last edited by THASPECIAL; 08-02-2007 at 03:59 AM..

Old 08-02-2007, 09:32 AM

285 posts, read 939,946 times
sexyitalianmami76, MIAMIMANEFOSHO; Could you please tell me what school system you attended so I can be sure NOT to send any of my children there? Or even drive by it for that matter?

Also, I worked in fast food during college and PLEASE believe me when I say being rude to the employees definitely adds to the ingredients you get on your burger. Trust me. heh. Seriously.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:28 AM

thaspecial-I also understand the point you are trying to make as well. It just sucks that I have been wanting to move to Florida for several years now and I was very excited that this is supposed to be happening soon and then for me to read some of the messages that are posted here, it honestly makes me want to reconsider. I guess my point is that I hope not everyone feels this way toward "New Yoricans" when I just want a better life for my family.

I also agree with what you said about people being homesick. I think that to many people move expecting to experience the same life that they had in their own state. But people have to realize when they move that they are moving somewhere that people's way of life will be different from what you are used to. Culture Shock, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando