Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 04:17 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD King View Post
Yes. 30 for the license or ID. But it makes no sense. I got 30 days for my DL but only 10 for my vehicle, but I do have to proof Florida residence. how should this work?
Had they bad liquor when they signed such a bill?
It's probably because this state doesn't do both in the same place. Who knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 04:37 PM

308 posts, read 967,130 times
So the left hand is not knowing what the right hand is doing!

Old 10-29-2009, 10:23 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,711,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD King View Post
Yes. 30 for the license or ID. But it makes no sense. I got 30 days for my DL but only 10 for my vehicle, but I do have to proof Florida residence. how should this work?
Had they bad liquor when they signed such a bill?
Actually, it is not such a bad thing...my mom went to get her license first, and had an issue...she didn't pass the vision test, so she had to make a dr. appt. and go see an eye dr. get glasses, and go back for her license.

In the meantime, her tags were going to expire, so she was permitted to get her tags done without having a FL license so long as she had the FL insurance. So sometimes things come up that you need a longer period to get the license....I don't see there being a need to extend the tag period...perhaps that was where the thought process was when making the law?

Old 10-30-2009, 04:05 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,375,220 times
I come to fl to enjoy the warm weather from dec to april, I bring a motor scooter with me . would I need to change the scooter to fl. plates for a temporary resident? what if I was to house the scooter in fl for the year at my fl. home and leave it titled to my home state?

Old 10-30-2009, 04:12 AM

If you are not a legal resident (ie you own or rent a primary residence elsewhere per your tax return and voter registration) then you do not need to change your registration over.

If you put your kids in school here, apply for a homestead exemption, register to vote, use the FL address for your bills and tax returns, etc, you are a resident and your license and tags needs to reflect that.

If the scooter is permanently housed here, and not returning to your home state, it should be registered here. When our Fl home was just a vacation home for us, we brought a car down and left it here, and we registered it in Florida.

Old 11-12-2009, 04:08 PM

9 posts, read 22,440 times
Default Driver's License

How long are driver's licenses valid for in Orlando? Also, does Florida require license plates on both the back and front of the car?

Old 11-12-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naeren View Post
How long are driver's licenses valid for in Orlando? Also, does Florida require license plates on both the back and front of the car?
10 years and no.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:26 AM

10 posts, read 85,093 times
Can you make an appointment to get your tags like you can for your license? If not, about how long should one expect to wait once there?

If I want to get a personalized license plate, is the cost only $12 a year? Are there any additional costs like an upfront cost for the new plate?

Last edited by paulmkelly; 11-30-2009 at 12:14 PM..

Old 11-30-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmkelly View Post
Can you make an appointment to get your tags like you can for your license? If not, about how long should one expect to wait once there?
You don't go to DMV to get teh tags, you go to your county tax collectors office. I've never waited more than a few minutes for any business I've had at my county's tax collectors office, including paying my property taxes last week.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:34 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,711,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
You don't go to DMV to get teh tags, you go to your county tax collectors office. I've never waited more than a few minutes for any business I've had at my county's tax collectors office, including paying my property taxes last week.
My experience has been the same...few to maybe ten minutes wait at the most
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando