U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 06:06 AM

8,181 posts, read 15,804,369 times

Advertisements

You've gotten some great information...here's a couple tricks to avoid the lines.......
Some driver's license offices are closed on Monday...don't know why...just are...so everybody that went on Monday will go on Tuesday...thus a terrible line....Wednesday afternoons and Thursday mornings are the best times to get your license if you don't make an appointment. The lines start to pick up again with people wanting to get things done before the weekend. You might also want to try the out of the way offices like Ocoee. The Winter Park office would be my LAST choice.

If you choose to go to the location in the courthouse, go early in the morning...traffic court begins at 8am and once the cases get settled, people head straight to there. I thought I was slick because alot of people didn't know about that office, I worked right near there, so I tried it. I didn't even think about the traffic court being right there...live and learn.

Tag offices....try to go in the middle of the month. Once you'd done the intial transfers, you can renew your plate on-line...great feature that I use every year. There's one on Rosalind and another on West Colonial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 05:11 PM

10 posts, read 76,683 times
I finally got this did. Aside from the exorbitant cost of it all, it was a relative breeze. Making an appointment was definitely the way to go. I made one for 11 and got there around 10:30 and was done by 10:50. I was sad to learn I could not keep my old MA license.

Old 12-15-2009, 03:12 PM

7 posts, read 44,210 times
The reason there is no income tax in Florida is because the fees are high for everything and they sock it to the tourists with taxes on plane tickets, rental cars, hotels etc. I'd rather pay the high fees. I hate income taxes.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:55 PM

24 posts, read 51,822 times
So, they dont give you your plates ( i assume those are "tags") at the registry??????? Why?????

Old 12-15-2009, 09:33 PM

58 posts, read 192,992 times
Post Dmv

I am also new to the Orlando area. I went to change my tags and plates at the dmv and the total came out to $ 460.00. I was in complete shock but at least it's good until dec, 2010.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:03 AM

2,665 posts, read 5,293,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD King View Post
Yes. 30 for the license or ID. But it makes no sense. I got 30 days for my DL but only 10 for my vehicle, but I do have to proof Florida residence. how should this work?
Had they bad liquor when they signed such a bill?
I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD King View Post
So the left hand is not knowing what the right hand is doing!
Bingo!!! (Florida politics)

Things have gone up, and drastically I might add. To renew a DL...about $50...That's crazy. They're stiffing their citizens alright...

(What you pay to be in the sunshine state....)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or