U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2009, 10:36 PM

997 posts, read 4,060,655 times

Advertisements

I am trying to book the Grand Floridian for Jan. 2010. It seems that every website online isn't taking reservations after Dec. 27. Why is that?

When I call Disney, they say they don't have rates yet for the new year but they can give me the Christmas rates in the weeks before which is $650/night for the least expensive . I'm not an idiot. I know those rates are probably more than mid January because before Thanksgiving and after is less than Thanksgiving week and before Christmas is less than Christmas week. I'm not falling for that.

January is only 3 months away. This doesn't make any sense to me as to why they don't have rates when every other hotel does. Don't know what to do but we would like a family Disney vacation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 01:42 PM

26,589 posts, read 51,586,273 times
It's quite possible they are sold out. Between the marathon and a couple of large conventions they host there every January, the resort can and does often sell out six months or more in advance.

And $650/night isn't all that far off, even in teh off season for that resort. They probably haven't set the 2010 rates yet. They will take a booking and a deposit based on the 2009 rates. Once they set 2010 rates, they will send you a note telling you what the rates are. If they are lower than your deposit you will get that as a credit. if they are higher, you will be charged the difference at check-in.

Old 10-12-2009, 02:35 PM

2,123 posts, read 4,109,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jln69 View Post
I am trying to book the Grand Floridian for Jan. 2010. It seems that every website online isn't taking reservations after Dec. 27. Why is that?

When I call Disney, they say they don't have rates yet for the new year but they can give me the Christmas rates in the weeks before which is $650/night for the least expensive . I'm not an idiot. I know those rates are probably more than mid January because before Thanksgiving and after is less than Thanksgiving week and before Christmas is less than Christmas week. I'm not falling for that.

January is only 3 months away. This doesn't make any sense to me as to why they don't have rates when every other hotel does. Don't know what to do but we would like a family Disney vacation.
Check a site like Hotels.com or similar. They often have their own "block" of rooms that they reserve to resell to their customers at their rates. However, if you go this route I don't know if you can add-on things like Disney dining plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or
View detailed profiles of: