U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 07:22 AM

2 posts, read 6,138 times

Advertisements

Well I'm not sorry to be leaving right back at ya!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 09:57 AM

21 posts, read 61,253 times
Default Wow.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofflorida View Post
Well I'm not sorry to be leaving right back at ya!!

Moderator cut: Personal Attack

I don't live in Florida, but will be moving there in 6 months, and yes it will be a change from what I am used to, but I look forward to boosting my knowledge of other cultures and look at it as being positive and asking how I can best take advantage of the situation and learn something.

Last edited by cmj_fla; 08-12-2008 at 12:00 PM..

Old 09-01-2008, 08:11 AM

41 posts, read 188,760 times
best breakfast in town

Old 11-17-2008, 10:08 AM

2 posts, read 2,735 times
Good morning, I haved lived a wonderful subdivison in St. Cloud for over 5 years now. To be honest and town is what you make of it. Like every where you go there are good people and bad people...there is a diversity of people...there are Hispanic people, black people, Chinese people, Italians, Irish, German, Cajun...and the list goes on..but as far as I can see, people live in St. Cloud. I think it is a beautiful little town, a wonderful place to live and I am very happy in my decision to move here. Central Florida does have a lot of small towns, so it is a good idea to check out as many as you can to see what works for you.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:23 AM

2 posts, read 2,735 times
While I appreciate and respect your opinion, Karen888, I will have to disagree on few aspects of your statment. First, yes the main artery out of St. Cloud is 192, but there are a few different ways around if you do a little investiagting you may figure this out. Second, you mentioned that there is no culture, have you not stepped outside and met anyone? I live in a small subdivision and we have a polish couple, a few hispanic family's, a german family, some people that are true Cajuns....it is amazing the people that are out there if you just open your eyes and get to know someone new and learn about their family and where they are from and what they have done and what they are doing...that's culture.

Old 08-14-2009, 04:12 AM

2 posts, read 3,240 times
There are not bad schools in saint cloud and if your concerned for your child's education send him to a private school. I know of one very close by in saint cloud called St. Thomas Aquinas. I went there when i was young for 11 years, since i was 2, and it was the best experience.For highschools harmony is nice but saint cloud high is now being rebuilt so it will be just a s good as harmony very soon. Saint Cloud is a great place to live and raise a family!

Old 11-23-2009, 08:56 PM

1 posts, read 1,014 times
I live in Tampa but hope to move to St Cloud within a couple of years. I can't wait.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:22 PM

13 posts, read 181,555 times
Default Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen888 View Post
I lived in Seminole County for 22 years and have lived in St. Cloud for about 2 years now. It is a huge culture shock. There are pretty much two ways (unless you take the Turnpike which you have to pay for) to get out of St. Cloud - Hwy 192 or Narcoosse Rd. - both are horrible and both take a long time to get anywhere. Narcoossee Rd. is a two-lane road running through rural Osceola/Orange Counties. Hwy 192 has heavy traffic, which takes you through Kissimmee (ick). You have to travel about 35-60 minutes out of St. Cloud to get anywhere worth going.

There's pretty much nothing in the way of culture, besides "redneck." Publix, Walmart, Tractor Supply, Fat Boys BBQ, and Home Depot are the main attractions here. Schools are horrible and just recently Osceola County schools were rated worst out of all of Central Florida (Osceola, Polk record low FCAT scores: So what do we as residents and parents do now? -- OrlandoSentinel.com).

Unless you're really into "Celebrating Small Town Life" (St. Cloud's motto), I would not recommend moving here. I'm desperately trying to move out of here as soon as I can.

Agree with you Karen. Just moved from there and am so glad I did. Thought it would have that "small town charm", but it doesn't. Nothing to do, no nightlife (unless you like redneck bars), no jobs and only 2 ways to really get in and out. Commute time to any decent job is about 45 minutes, and commute time to any decent shopping/restaurants is the same.

The cops are the worst I've ever seen. The town is boring and backwards. Yes, they have a beach. Good luck with that. Overcrowded as heck on the weekends and dirty. I know each town is what you make it but in St Cloud you have to have quite the imagination to make that happen. Just my opinion!!

Old 01-02-2014, 07:33 AM

1 posts, read 416 times
I have lived in St Cloud for a little over 2 years and hate it more and more everyday. NOTHING to do here. Just a rundown Podunk town. You have to go into Orlando and fight the traffic if you want to go to a decent restaurant, store etc. I hate the whole Central Florida area. Would NOT be here if it weren't for my husband's job. Nothing but traffic & tourists. If you are going to live in Florida, the Gulf is the only place to be to appreciate what Florida has to offer. Beautiful beaches, fishing, wildlife, and clean!

Old 01-02-2014, 04:29 PM

388 posts, read 614,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBum42 View Post
I have lived in St Cloud for a little over 2 years and hate it more and more everyday. NOTHING to do here. Just a rundown Podunk town. You have to go into Orlando and fight the traffic if you want to go to a decent restaurant, store etc. I hate the whole Central Florida area. Would NOT be here if it weren't for my husband's job. Nothing but traffic & tourists. If you are going to live in Florida, the Gulf is the only place to be to appreciate what Florida has to offer. Beautiful beaches, fishing, wildlife, and clean!
Maybe if you lived in the various other places that we constantly recommend, you wouldn't be so miserable. I'm currently visiting family back up north, and can't wait to come back home to Orlando (Dr. Phillips)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando