Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 01:37 PM

111 posts, read 341,987 times

Advertisements

Here are some private schools in Clermont area off the top of my head: Orlando Christian School (by the Citrus Tower), Clermont Christian Academy, Real Life, Montverde Academy, Foundation Academy (Winter Garden) and Citrus Heights Academy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 02:28 PM

45 posts, read 175,766 times
Great, Thank You!

Old 10-19-2009, 06:53 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,017,224 times
Real Life is the one you want, everyone I know with kids there loves it.

Foundation is a long drive to make twice a day every day, and there aren't that many kids from Clermont going there to find a carpool.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:17 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,853,744 times
If schools are a factor then Lake County has no A rated schools. those will only be found in Orange and Seminole counties. Each of those counties has about 4. Proximity to work may provide a greater enjoyment in life with less windshield time.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
If schools are a factor then Lake County has no A rated schools. those will only be found in Orange and Seminole counties. Each of those counties has about 4. Proximity to work may provide a greater enjoyment in life with less windshield time.
What the heck are you talking about? All of Clermonts elementary and middle schools are "A" rated! There are 34 "A" rated schools in Lake County.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:15 PM

23 posts, read 81,771 times
Clermont is pretty, with rolling hills and lakes. Leesburg is nice, but more *rustic*. Mount Dora is the best of both worlds.
The only drawback I would see living in Clermont is the traffic along 27 when all the cast members leave work from WDW.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbcattleya View Post
Clermont is pretty, with rolling hills and lakes. Leesburg is nice, but more *rustic*. Mount Dora is the best of both worlds.
The only drawback I would see living in Clermont is the traffic along 27 when all the cast members leave work from WDW.
That's NOT Clermont. It might have a Clermotn zip code (34714) but it's NOT the City of Clermont, which start on the north side of Lake Louisa and is not AT ALL affected by Disney traffic--tourist or cast. That area of Four Corners is unincorporated Lake County.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:08 PM

33 posts, read 151,115 times
I found a house in CLermont at Verde Ridge, drove from south florida and ended up sitting in a line of traffic as far as the eye can see. I never moved much and it was 7pm. I finally pulled off went into a publix for a drink asked about the traffic that was unbelievable and was told it was Disney worked headed home, it was 7pm and I was told they were the 5pm people. I ended up in a hotel cause I couldnt get anywhere to get back to the main road to head home, next morning I didnt buy that house but left clermont brokenhearted as I thought it was the place for me, it wasnt. I live with someone who occasionally needs hospital visits and no way an ambulance would ever get to him.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTERNETTE View Post
I found a house in CLermont at Verde Ridge, drove from south florida and ended up sitting in a line of traffic as far as the eye can see. I never moved much and it was 7pm. I finally pulled off went into a publix for a drink asked about the traffic that was unbelievable and was told it was Disney worked headed home, it was 7pm and I was told they were the 5pm people. I ended up in a hotel cause I couldnt get anywhere to get back to the main road to head home, next morning I didnt buy that house but left clermont brokenhearted as I thought it was the place for me, it wasnt. I live with someone who occasionally needs hospital visits and no way an ambulance would ever get to him.
Oh please. Right now there's a lot of construction going on near the Turnpike, but Disney workers in any part of Clermont don't use the turnpike to get to and from work and there aren't that many Disney workers up in the Verde Ridge area to begin with.

It's about an hour, sometimes a bit longer to get to and from downtown Orlando if there's an accident to Clermont during rush hour. I've done it many times. There are also back ways to cut off a lot of travel time that you learn if you live here. And there is a hospital right in Clermont that is under 10 minutes from Verde Ridge, even in rush hour traffic.

From Naples the route to Verde Ridge would have been I-75 to I-4 to the 429 to 535 to 50 (or there are several even more "back ways" you can use to get from the 429 to Verde Ridge.) In the afternoon/early evening the traffic backs up on I-4 between Lakeland and the 429, but that has nothing to do with Disney--or Clermont for that matter. Once you get onto the 429 there is minimal or no back up anywhere between there and Verde Ridge. Your description makes no sense, unless you used some crazy routing, in which case don't blame the traffic but rather your choice of directions.

Last edited by annerk; 11-20-2010 at 08:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando