U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 08:43 AM

26,582 posts, read 50,152,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry3979 View Post
Is there any safe night club in and around Orlando?
Where there is dance/pool tables and having good safety.
Which club please? Where?
I have plan to move in Orlando so please advise me.
How is the Orlando to live in? Is it safe ? Crime wise please?
There are TONS of safe night clubs around this area. Most of the dance clubs don't ahve pool tables though.

The only club that I don't go to for safety reasons is the Firestone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 08:47 AM

8,965 posts, read 4,776,709 times
[quote=DavieJ89;13560884][quote=ComSense;13557195]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post

I dont knwo too much about cities in North Carolina, I am only going by what former NC residents have told me. They have said jobs there do not pay well and most people seem to be working for peanuts

If i can say anything good about NC its that the people there are very friendly

I can tell you as a native of FL and resident of Asheville NC, the pay is about the same as FL. Both states have a lot of wealthy retirees too. My job in NC will pay a bit higher than the one I had in FL, and my wife will be making the same. Also, people like teachers, accountants, nurses, etc... are paid the same in NC.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:49 AM

(Continued from above...)

One thing I wouldnt want to be in FL is a teacher. There is now talk of discontinuing the retirement plans for new teachers in FL, unless they were "grandfather'ed" in.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
(Continued from above...)

One thing I wouldnt want to be in FL is a teacher. There is now talk of discontinuing the retirement plans for new teachers in FL, unless they were "grandfather'ed" in.
Big woop--so they do what the rest of us do--start an IRA.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:20 AM

^^^ Tell that to the teachers. Teachers have always had (what I thought) were great retirement plans.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:03 AM

226 posts, read 626,932 times
Quote:
^^^ Tell that to the teachers. Teachers have always had (what I thought) were great retirement plans.
Well, it makes up for the CRAPPY pay.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:38 AM

5,724 posts, read 11,346,673 times
[quote=ComSense;13563412][quote=DavieJ89;13560884]
Quote:

I can tell you as a native of FL and resident of Asheville NC, the pay is about the same as FL. Both states have a lot of wealthy retirees too. My job in NC will pay a bit higher than the one I had in FL, and my wife will be making the same. Also, people like teachers, accountants, nurses, etc... are paid the same in NC.
The pay rate is still not that good then. Most people here in Orlando feel like they are working for peanuts, I know I am

I was only basing my statements about NC based on what others have told me

One thing you would like about living in Vegas Com, is that the pay is higher, the cost of living is the same as Orlando (maybe even less since their real estate market crashed harder then ours), and there is no state income tax

I make $9.15 an hour for Publix here in Orlando, if I were to do the same job in Vegas it would be $16 an hour (even with union dues, I'd still make more money)

I wont be doing that when I move though, I know I will be doing something different

Old 04-02-2010, 12:20 PM

631 posts, read 2,099,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
There are TONS of safe night clubs around this area. Most of the dance clubs don't ahve pool tables though.

The only club that I don't go to for safety reasons is the Firestone.
I definitely would have agreed with you on this one last year, but they have totally cleaned up their act since it became a "live" venue. I have been to 4 concerts within a year and it has been really decent. They have cameras outside, inside, and many bouncers. The clientele is wayyyy different - if you get my drift.

In fact I will be going to see Of Montreal there soon.

I went to 57 West for the first time last weekend to see a concert and it's a great small venue.

Old 04-02-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoktober View Post
I definitely would have agreed with you on this one last year, but they have totally cleaned up their act since it became a "live" venue. I have been to 4 concerts within a year and it has been really decent. They have cameras outside, inside, and many bouncers. The clientele is wayyyy different - if you get my drift.

In fact I will be going to see Of Montreal there soon.

I went to 57 West for the first time last weekend to see a concert and it's a great small venue.
I'm still not convinced of teh safety of the Firestone for any number of reasons. I agree about 57 West, great venue!

Old 04-02-2010, 02:01 PM

1,817 posts, read 3,150,186 times
[quote=DavieJ89;13565859][quote=ComSense;13563412]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post

I make $9.15 an hour for Publix here in Orlando, if I were to do the same job in Vegas it would be $16 an hour (even with union dues, I'd still make more money)
t
Whaaaat? $16 an hour, seriously?! What's the minimum wage there? I don't even think you can make that kind of money at a supermarket here in Manhattan (where pay is much higher 'cause of the higher cost of living). I had no idea the pay was so good in Vegas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando