U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 02:38 PM

5 posts, read 17,548 times

Advertisements

Honest opinion on high schools in the Orlando area. Education, Orchestra, Girls Softball and .....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 03:27 PM

631 posts, read 1,666,176 times
Boone High School downtown.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:56 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,822,429 times
A rated schools- Boone High, and Winter Park High

B rated schools- West Orange High, University High, Olympia High, Freedom High, Dr. Phillips high, and Cypress Creek High

C rated schools- Wekiva High, Timber Creek High, Colonial High, and Apopka High

D rated schools- Oak Ridge High, Ocoee High, Jones High, Evans High, and Edgewater High

no F rated schools

Old 10-21-2009, 09:10 PM

404 posts, read 912,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post

B rated schools- West Orange High, University High, Olympia High, Freedom High, Dr. Phillips high, and Cypress Creek High

D rated schools- Oak Ridge High, Ocoee High, Jones High, Evans High, and Edgewater High

no F rated schools
May I ask how you came up with these ratings?

All other sources that I have found indicate both Dr. Phillips and Olympia to also be A Rated Schools:

Central Florida High School Ratings - OrlandoSentinel.com
School Accountability Report...

Old 10-22-2009, 11:54 AM

5,973 posts, read 3,667,077 times
Try Seminole County.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by volk2k View Post

All other sources that I have found indicate both Dr. Phillips and Olympia to also be A Rated Schools:

Your probably looking at ratings from last year. I got my info from the school district website with the latest ratings.

https://www.ocps.net/SiteCollectionD...ES_6-18-09.pdf

Old 10-23-2009, 08:40 PM

749 posts, read 1,223,967 times
Winter Park is kind of the gold standard here for music.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:06 PM

23 posts, read 52,951 times
Default best high schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post

no F rated schools
Timber Creek is overcrowded and the Principal wants to be the Developer's best friend as opposed to educating your kid. Actually, you would do better to go to a Seminole County school, like Oviedo, The IB program at Seminole High, Lake
Mary, Lake Brantley. Chiles High school might be okay, but they too want to be the Developer's best friend.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:58 PM

7,953 posts, read 7,100,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volk2k View Post

This is correct both of those are A rated as are Boone and Winter Park. the later being the highest rated High school in Orange County. Oviedo is the highest rated in Seminole.

orange county has as many A high schools as Seminole

Old 10-23-2009, 10:09 PM

No. Boone and Winter Park are currently the only A rated high schools in the county, the list i posted above is 100% accurate.. But i do agree that Orange county does have many great schools , the bad schools of the county just make the county look bad. even though Seminole county has much less schools, they are mostly all high rated, so it makes the county look good. But you can find schools in orange county that are better than schools Seminole county. For example, i would rather send my child to winter park high school rather than Seminole high school. Both counties have good schools, orange county just also has some low rated schools in addition to there high rated schools.

BTW the two oviedo area high schools, hagerty high and oviedo high. are both B rated schools.

also, both seminole and orange counties are A rated school districts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando