Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 08:49 AM

8 posts, read 24,586 times

Advertisements

We are thinking of buying a property at Grand Reserve at Kirkman Park, but we have heard so many negative comments about metrowest / kirkam road that we don't know what to do.

We are from Spain and we want the property for spending our holydays and for rent (to tourists, since it is near Universal, Millenia mall, etc)

Please anyone can help us and give us comments about this particular place.

Thank you very much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 09:09 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
I don't beleive that area is zoned for short-term rentals, which is going to be an issue.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:21 AM

Thank you very much! And what about the area, is it safe? or is it too close to bad neighbourhoods??
Thanks agian!

Old 11-10-2009, 04:42 PM

793 posts, read 2,524,912 times
As a Realtor I can't say much due to regulations placed on me by State of Florida and the US Government but if I was looking to buy a vacation property I would look at all the different communities with properties currently for sale before making a decision.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:02 PM

59 posts, read 249,763 times
Just moved out of the Grand Reserve. I thought it was ok, it's a great location except for the potential for crime. Kirkman road has more than it's fair share of crime.

Also, I doubt you could do short term rentals there, you better look into that. It's gated, so I doubt you could get short term renters into the place.

I would only buy if you were getting a steal, the HOA fee is about $430 a month, expensive.

The management company is good though.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:58 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigs1 View Post
Just moved out of the Grand Reserve. I thought it was ok, it's a great location except for the potential for crime. Kirkman road has more than it's fair share of crime.

Also, I doubt you could do short term rentals there, you better look into that. It's gated, so I doubt you could get short term renters into the place.

I would only buy if you were getting a steal, the HOA fee is about $430 a month, expensive.

$430 a month is crazy. Unless it's a luxury hi-rise downtown with amenities like a concierge, there's no way I'd pay that much in HOA dues for a condo--especially not one in a crappy neighborhood.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:02 AM

Wigs1, thank you very much for your comment! It is really useful.
One of my concerns is about security, I have read some comments about the area saying that at night you can listen to the police cars, loud neighbors and that some times (at night) you fell really unsafe....Is it really like that???

Thank you very much again, I would really appreciate your answer and any other comment you add....

Old 11-25-2009, 08:25 PM

59 posts, read 249,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorua View Post
Wigs1, thank you very much for your comment! It is really useful.
One of my concerns is about security, I have read some comments about the area saying that at night you can listen to the police cars, loud neighbors and that some times (at night) you fell really unsafe....Is it really like that???

Thank you very much again, I would really appreciate your answer and any other comment you add....
Yes, you hear sirens about two or five times a week, but that's mostly because the police/fire are driving past the condo which is on Kirkman road, one of the busiest roads in Orlando.

The neighbors are surprisingly quiet, although if someone is talking outside, you can hear them.

The only time I felt really unsafe was when I went for a walk through the complex to the north, it's called Willow Bay or something. It's welfare housing. I felt ok at Grand Reserve all the time, but folks who have lived there for 3+ years say it has changed for the worse, which is Metrowest in general.

If you really value security as your top priority, then avoid MetroWest. If you like location and cheap prices, then choose MetroWest.

You need to drive around Orlando, and get a feel for the different places, enjoy your search, good luck!

Old 12-27-2009, 05:14 AM

2 posts, read 9,975 times
Has the HOA fee always been $400 or did it increase because of resident nonpayment an foreclosures?

Old 12-27-2009, 05:15 AM

2 posts, read 9,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigs1 View Post

Has the HOA fee always been $400 or did it increase because of resident nonpayment an foreclosures?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: