U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 09:17 AM

8 posts, read 21,435 times

Advertisements

We are from Spain and we are considering buying a condo at Grand Reserve at Kirkman Park, mainly for our family vacations and for rent (tourists), since it is located near Universal, Millenia Mall, etc.....

I have already posted a thread asking for this condo. But just in case I don't get any answer about this specific place, I would like to know your opinions about the area.

I have read a lot of comments and all of them say that this is not a good neighbourhood, but some of them are old, and I don't know if the area is better/safer now.

Condos there are really "cheap" now, but I don't know if there is something "hidden".

Thank you very much for your help, we really need it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 09:19 AM

26,589 posts, read 51,602,577 times
That area isn't zoned for short term rental, so you can't rent to tourists. Find another area to buy.

And condos there are cheap because it's a really, REALLY crappy area.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:45 AM

Thank you! you seem to know Orlando pretty well, would you recommend some areas knowing our objective and that we do not want to spend more than 100.000 US $?? Do you know if it is possible to find something interesting in a nice/regular area for that price??? Thanks for your time!

Old 11-09-2009, 10:05 AM

There are very few areas in Orange County zoned for short-term rentals. Most are in Osceola, Polk, and the very southwest corner of Lake county.

Not sure what you mean by "regular" but if you mean owner-occupied, very few people want to "live" in short-term rental communities.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:23 AM

Oh! I think I didn't explain myself.....we are interested in the Orlando area, it doesn't matter which county.
What we are looking for is a nice area, with a reasonable price (not more than 100.000 US $, 2 bedrooms), suitable for us spending our vacations there, and renting the rest of the year to tourists and friends. We do not want short-term rental communities.
Any nice areas recommendation?????
Thank you again!

Old 11-09-2009, 10:27 AM

You can't rent to "tourists and friends" if you aren't in a short-term community. Everywhere else will require a minimum seven month lease.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:39 AM

Oooops! I didn't know that! thank you!

Ok, we will star looking for short term communities!

I'm sorry to bother you, but if you have any areas recommendations I would appreciate it very much!

Old 11-09-2009, 02:49 PM

4,186 posts, read 9,798,608 times
There are a lot in the kissimee area

Old 11-09-2009, 04:06 PM

793 posts, read 2,100,203 times
rotorua,

Your focus should be around the International Drive and Disney areas to rent for less than 7 months which includes day, week, month or year. This would be Osceola County and a small section of Orange County, Polk and Lake offer communities also.

Take a look at Encantada, townhomes that each have small pools and located within 15 minutes of Disney's main gate. The community offer 2 large pools (1 is for kids), large club house with exercise room, computer center, game room and Tiki bar.

There are others to take a look at but keep your driving distance to the tourist attractions at a minimum as the close in properties will be your competition for vacationing crowd.

Old 11-10-2009, 06:00 AM

5,098 posts, read 3,403,847 times
Start at realtor dot com and search by city/state. It may not be the most up to date, but you will get an idea of what there is in the area. Be sure to use the advanced search option and select a distance option in one of the tabs, so you get more selections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or
View detailed profiles of: