U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2007, 10:41 PM

15 posts, read 60,904 times

Advertisements

What are the thoughts on Port Orange area??? How are the schools, crime, employment????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2007, 09:31 PM

17 posts, read 68,669 times
I like port Orange there are some nice neighborhoods. I live in Volusia county and you have to watch where you buy.Stay away from Daytona,DEltona some parts of Deland are nice.

Old 05-16-2007, 08:36 PM

9 posts, read 60,387 times
Port Orange is a nice area, but I also wouldn't say to stay away from Daytona Beach. There are some very nice areas of Daytona, but just as is true with most places, there are some areas of Daytona that are not as wonderful as other parts.
Emily

Old 05-18-2007, 07:43 PM

3 posts, read 14,456 times
We have just bought a home in Port Orange after looking at the area, many homes, and visiting the schools. We are moving from Upstate NY and we felt we really needed to know that the area we are moving our kids to will be good. We are thrilled with our decision, and can't wait to get there!

Old 05-22-2007, 05:46 AM

1,607 posts, read 8,792,532 times
Port Orange is great! Very low crime, close to things in Daytona, less than an hour to everything in Orlando and minutes from great beaches. And they have excellent schools. In fact, one of the high schools made it as one of the top 100 in the country:
http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Local/newEAST02052207.htm (broken link)

Old 05-24-2007, 01:13 PM

9 posts, read 36,575 times
Default schools

The schools are good in Port Orange. Crime is low and the area is very family friendly. Let me know if you have any other specific questions. I would be happy to help.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:46 PM

15 posts, read 60,904 times
Talking Loving the looks of P.O.!

We are so glad to hear positive things about Port Orange. The more we look, the more we like it! How did to 2005 and 2006 hurricane season affect P.O.? It's so hard to find answers to questions like that on the internet. Are there any nicer areas of Port Orange than others? We've looked at several homes online and most areas seem extremely nice. Thanks for your help!

Old 06-08-2007, 05:56 PM

7 posts, read 21,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
Port Orange is great! Very low crime, close to things in Daytona, less than an hour to everything in Orlando and minutes from great beaches. And they have excellent schools. In fact, one of the high schools made it as one of the top 100 in the country:
http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Local/newEAST02052207.htm (broken link)
Well, hi RedWingsFan, I'm from the Detroit area and considering moving down to the area around Orlando. Any other suggestions for decent places to live that are relatively inexpensive? What is the job market like? I am unskilled currently but am taking classes in health. Also, does anyone have any information on the area around 32809 in Orlando? Husbands currently company has a warehouse there and am just wondering what type of neighborhood it is in? Any help would be appreciated

Last edited by svannort; 06-08-2007 at 06:14 PM..

Old 06-09-2007, 08:50 AM

9 posts, read 36,575 times
Quote:
How did to 2005 and 2006 hurricane season affect P.O.? It's so hard to find answers to questions like that on the internet. Are there any nicer areas of Port Orange than others?
The area held strong during that rough hurricane season. I've lived here over 26 years and that is the first time I have ever experienced storms like that. The city was well prepared and cleanup started immediately after the storms.

There are nice neighborhoods all over town. Send me your email address and I can forward you some really nice home options. klingerrr at gmail.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando