U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 07:19 AM

22 posts, read 67,522 times

Advertisements

If you would like nice lake front property that you can enjoy you should think about Lake county . We moved to Eustis from Apopka last year and boy what a diffrence a few miles can make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 09:28 AM

1 posts, read 916 times
Default Lake apopka

Lake Apopka is a beautiful lake which was abused for many decades but is now maki8ng a comeback. It will take time but eventually Lake Apopka will be restored to a acceptable state. If you have any doubt about the lake I challenge you to go and see it for yourself. The FL Wildlife Department operates parks such as Magnolia Park Ramp and many people use the Lake daily. There is no harm to people and actually Lake Apopka is alive with all types of wildlife set amidst a lost era of underdevelopment unseen in Central Florida. Butler Boat Rental 407-448-3427 operates tours in Mini Speed Boats which are very affordable and offer a unique Lake Apopka experience. [CENTER][/CENTER]

Old 05-30-2014, 11:55 PM

218 posts, read 287,791 times
Most people who have posted all of the bad history on Lake Apopka are not only right but it was probably worst then what they are saying. Now with that off my chest let me put my optimistic hat on and say that if kymmyiam is right and they not only continue to clean up Lake Apopka then who knows = in 10-20 years it might of been a steal to buy it now? I would not take the chance personally but would be real jealous of anyone who does and it pays off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymmyiam View Post
I noticed there were posts re. Lake Apopka in Florida. I wrote a well-researched article about Lake Apopka and the the efforts of the St. John's River Water Management District to return the lake to Class III water quality. So although the lake is currently still "polluted" significant agressive efforts are ongoing. Right now, there are areas around the lake that are suitable for eco-tourism and you can also fish on the lake. There's also a beautiful trail that winds in and around Orange County. Since the clean-up efforts have begun around the lake and a new freeway is connecting right near it, my father's property value has tripled and continues to climb. Now is a great time to buy property around Lake Apopka. In about 10-20 years when the lake is flourishing again property wil be incredibly more expensive.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:47 AM

1,795 posts, read 1,505,582 times
I took a nice hike in the Lake Apopka restoration area. So beautiful.

I had never been there before and was shocked at how huge the lake is!

It's quite a birder's paradise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando