Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2009, 05:40 PM

68 posts, read 213,511 times

Advertisements

How do you know what schools in Lake Mary you children can go to? My company is gradually transfering people to Lake Mary. A co worker who has since moved to Lake Mary did the research and moved right near a school she thought her daughter would be attending based on residency. Imagine her surprise when she was told there was a "waiting list". Could there be a waiting list for public schools?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 06:36 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,065,841 times
You have to search the property address on the scps website. If you are trying to get into a magnet school for something special, you may have to go on a waiting list. Check out the scps website and it will tell you more.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:47 PM

229 posts, read 778,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
You have to search the property address on the scps website. If you are trying to get into a magnet school for something special, you may have to go on a waiting list. Check out the scps website and it will tell you more.

here's the link to the SCPS address lookup

plug the address of your interest, and it will tell you what schools correspond to it.

SCPS - School Lookup

Old 12-03-2009, 12:10 AM

793 posts, read 2,524,912 times
There is no waiting list for the main schools but for special programs and magnet schools it's a bit tight, the lower grades for most areas are cluster (pick 1 of 3 or 4 elementary) mid school is typically set as is high school.
The zoning lines weave strangely through neighborhoods, there is a posting on city data a couple of days back where a buyer just bought a home within 3 or so miles of Lake Mary High and discovered to her dismay that it's zoned Seminole High.
The 3 kids attended Lake Mary Schools and the experience was great as the area is family centered (last year it was voted the 4th best city for families in the U.S.), also have a family member graduating from Seminole High this year. She's been involved in the college courses they offer and is well on her way to becoming a nurse.
Hope this helps

Old 12-03-2009, 03:51 AM

68 posts, read 213,511 times
Default Schools in Lake Mary

Thank you all for the prompt informative responses, Dave just to verify if I do the research and move to a residence that is zoned to the school I want my children to go to and I'm not looking for any special program I cannot be denied admission, is that correct.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:33 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,693,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesupra View Post
Thank you all for the prompt informative responses, Dave just to verify if I do the research and move to a residence that is zoned to the school I want my children to go to and I'm not looking for any special program I cannot be denied admission, is that correct.
Thats correct

Old 12-03-2009, 08:44 AM

793 posts, read 2,524,912 times
As far as zoning that is correct unless of course there is problems following State/County/School rules.
Welcome to Lake Mary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando