U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 09:50 AM

2 posts, read 25,658 times

Advertisements

HI. Can someone tell me how the crime rate is in this town. Looks like a nice small place am thinking of relocating there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2007, 04:46 PM

2 posts, read 27,712 times
Its not that bad the crime, understand crime is everywhere in america

Old 05-20-2007, 06:38 AM

442 posts, read 2,592,849 times
You will here everyone on here talk about how bad the crime is in Poinciana...And to tell you the truth its not that bad considereing the size and the VAST amount of people lving here , I have lived in Poinciana for 9 yrs, and yes the Crime has excalated , but not more then anywhere else with a Fast Growing Population...The Police seem to be getting ahold on things , especially on the Polk County Side...and Osceola is following suit.
There is a Large Spanish Population here...
And the Traffic is Horrible right now , but with a new toll road going in that should fix things...
You will Find ALOT of Homes for sale here, because alot of people bought what they could not afford in the first place and now with ARMS readjusting well they have to get out !...
there is 'nt much to do in poinciana yet, there are shops such as publix , wd and walmart...and a few other little stores like pinch a penny and walgreens..
before you move here or any where take a look at the place...
If you have school aged children than Poinciana may not be for you.. As the schools are HORRID...
hope this helps

Old 05-20-2007, 08:46 PM

167 posts, read 858,660 times
I agree, the crime is like any other state and they are assigning 12 Sheriff unit's to Poinciana since it is vastly growing. As for shopping, there isn't much as of this date except for Super Walmart and your typical grocery stores; we did get a new Walgreens and the rumor mill has it that we are getting Target, Chili's, Wendy's, Bravo Grocery store (whoever they are). This area is the up and coming SW corridor of MCO and the legislator's have taken note of the growing population of Polk County, and are going to be adding new roads that will meet up with the intrastate. It has been quite frustrating living w/out much and having to drive 20-50 miles to get to anywhere decent, but patience is a virtue, as they say, however I have been tested the past few years and sometimes want to blow this place and head north but, the prices for homes are a small fortune in other states....and they are crap for 250-300; you have to look at 400,000 and up to live in a decent home and community....what has this country done to us?

Old 06-13-2007, 06:49 AM

561 posts, read 1,620,381 times
See this thread:

St. Cloud, FL

Old 07-23-2007, 10:52 AM

2 posts, read 49,186 times
Default Not sure about my move now

Hi! I just put a deposit on a house in Poinciana and then just found this website ( a little to late). I am scared to death about moving to Poinciana. My husband & I are both white and we had no idea about all the spanish gangs. Is it still a high crime, high gang area? We will only be renting a house for a year and it's in a developement. Also I was reading other things about Florida and to tell you the truth I'm really reconsidering our move. My husband has his own ceramic tile, marble & granite business and I'm in the hotel industry does anyone think we will have a problem getting a job? By the way the house we are renting is in Polk county. Is that a better area of Kissimmee? Any questions anyone can answer would be so helpful.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:55 AM

800 posts, read 2,650,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida bound View Post
Hi! I just put a deposit on a house in Poinciana and then just found this website ( a little to late). I am scared to death about moving to Poinciana. My husband & I are both white and we had no idea about all the spanish gangs. Is it still a high crime, high gang area? We will only be renting a house for a year and it's in a developement. Also I was reading other things about Florida and to tell you the truth I'm really reconsidering our move. My husband has his own ceramic tile, marble & granite business and I'm in the hotel industry does anyone think we will have a problem getting a job? By the way the house we are renting is in Polk county. Is that a better area of Kissimmee? Any questions anyone can answer would be so helpful.

Welcome to Florida. I do business in Poinciana on most days. I do not speak any language but English and have not problems in Poinciana. I do know that this neighborhood, like all neighborhoods does experience crime at times.

No one in the hotel industry should have difficulty finding employment in this area.

Many people are negative about everything. If it rains, the weather is horrible. If it's too hot, it's horrible. I will spare the rant about misery loving company.

This links to the Sherrifs report on the recent shooting in Poinciana: Osceola County Sheriff's Office

This could have happened anywhere in the World!

Consider the source of complaints and check with local authorities about crime in the area where you will live.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:41 AM

2 posts, read 23,464 times
Default happy here

Hi,, I own a house here since 2005, never had a problem with anyone, I also do my business here and like the other gent I have no problems. But I do have an answer for the mentally challenged that think that just because people are named with a Spanish last name they are all PR. Here is a fact for the Idiots of the world, Mexico, Central America So. America and The caribbean guess what all are Spanish.

I also have an answer for all the racist that subscribe to the site ( maybe you should read a little more).
Historical fact 70-75 % of sex offender and child molesters in USA are WHITE!!! maybe a neighbor of yours where you live now. Fact,, 20 of the 21 most gruesome crimes in the states where committed by ....Guess who again?? From the unibomber to Jeffry Donner (not sure of correct spelling) Have been committed by WHITES!!!! By the way my best friend is here w/me he is a Firefighter in Fl., he is also white,, but not ignorant. Am I saying with this that there is no crime here? No, is there crime where you are coming from?? There is crime everywhere, just go with your heart and love people for what they are,, people.

Welcome to Poinciana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee2e View Post
Welcome to Florida. I do business in Poinciana on most days. I do not speak any language but English and have not problems in Poinciana. I do know that this neighborhood, like all neighborhoods does experience crime at times.

No one in the hotel industry should have difficulty finding employment in this area.

Many people are negative about everything. If it rains, the weather is horrible. If it's too hot, it's horrible. I will spare the rant about misery loving company.

This links to the Sherrifs report on the recent shooting in Poinciana: Osceola County Sheriff's Office

This could have happened anywhere in the World!

Consider the source of complaints and check with local authorities about crime in the area where you will live.

Last edited by dads; 09-19-2007 at 08:18 AM.. Reason: missingn one part

Old 09-19-2007, 09:20 AM

561 posts, read 1,620,381 times
How about giving us some statistics on what race fills up the majority percentage of our jails and prisons?

And yes, I totally agree that the majority of sex offenders in this country are white and I would not want my children anywhere near a neighborhood that has sex offenders living (White, black, spanish, or whatever race they are). Just like I would not want my children near a neighborhood where the personal crime indexes are 2-3 times higher than the national average. And yes, that’s a lot of neighborhoods in Florida, and yes out of a lot of those neighborhoods in Florida there is a higher percentage of minorities living in these areas than the areas with lower personal crime indexes. I am going by numbers just like you are.

Bottom line is I would not want to live in Poinciana, just like I would not want to live in New Port Richey.

Last edited by markhunt; 09-19-2007 at 09:59 AM..

Old 09-19-2007, 04:02 PM

442 posts, read 2,592,849 times
Not only spanish Gangs , there are bloods and crips here and some gangs from the Boston area , Spanish speaking is not a problem , its true they do speak it alot out here,but what do you expect when the population is 38% hispanic...
There are alot of rude people out here tho , Inconsiderate of others and so forth..but i suppose that happens any where
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando