U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2009, 07:28 AM

2 posts, read 6,638 times

Advertisements

Hey orlando-ians,

My company has an opportunity for me to relocate to Orlando florida. I am looking for condos in the area and need to be close to Orlando International airport (due to my frequent travels). I have looked "so far" in the semoran blvd area and curry ford ave. also a place called michigan at the metro or metro at the michigan Something like that. I am looking for a safe quiet, professional, community in that area. Being close to the Orlando Airport is my main quest. close meaning 30 minutes away. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 08:57 AM

5,739 posts, read 12,449,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickykidd View Post
Hey orlando-ians,

My company has an opportunity for me to relocate to Orlando florida. I am looking for condos in the area and need to be close to Orlando International airport (due to my frequent travels). I have looked "so far" in the semoran blvd area and curry ford ave. also a place called michigan at the metro or metro at the michigan Something like that. I am looking for a safe quiet, professional, community in that area. Being close to the Orlando Airport is my main quest. close meaning 30 minutes away. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Its Curry Ford ROAD. Try looking along Lee Vista Blvd, they have a lot of nice condos and apartments there. You could also try looking in the Lake Nona area along Narcoosee Road there are lots of nice apartments and condos there that are convenient to 528 and the airport

Or if you prefer something a little further south, try looking the Meadow Woods area near Landstar Blvd and Rhode Island Woods Circle. There are lots of nice condos there and quite a large number of them are new construction

Old 12-20-2009, 10:49 AM

793 posts, read 2,216,782 times
It really depends on your price range and lifestyle, if you are looking at those $50,000 cash only your main area of choice is Metro West, but if you are looking for good value and location check out Lake Nona, back side of Disney, Hunters Creek and UCF area.

Just visited most all the condo communities around UCF, Airport Area, and downtown with clients this weekend from Ohio looking for investment/vacation.

Picked out a couple based on amenities and location with easy access to downtown but quiet to unwind.

Siesta Lago (villa units) older but updates / 15 min's to Airport / direct shot to downtown Orlando

Bella Terra (water view side) in Maitland near RDV Sportsplex / 30+ min to Airport

Hope this helps,

Old 12-20-2009, 03:15 PM

4,158 posts, read 7,915,157 times
Try looking in Lake Nona/Moss Park areas and also the Conway area.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:09 AM

71 posts, read 155,235 times
Lake Nona is a great area with lots in the area, close to the airport and a nice area to live.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:35 PM

43,858 posts, read 44,614,349 times
I live in this area and love it. The shopping is great, the daily commute downtown is good if you skirt around a few neighborhoods and getting to the airport is a breeze.

Old 12-22-2009, 09:00 PM

290 posts, read 592,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickykidd View Post
Hey orlando-ians,

My girlfriend and I live in a neighborhood just south of the airport called Beacon Park. It's pretty much the neighborhood out by itself, no stores right around the corner, but it's literally 5 minutes from the airport. Stores are only 5-10 minutes away. And there's both houses and townhomes. The best part we've liked...there hasn't been any kind of crime or thefts in the 2 years we've been here.

Old 02-21-2011, 04:14 PM

17 posts, read 42,338 times
I have lived on east side for years. Avoid Curry Ford Road. Used to be nice, not anymore.
I suggest Waterford Lakes or Lee Vista, both are very nice areas close to the airport.
Lee Vista is closer to the airport, but in Waterford Lakes you have an excellent outdoor mall with a Regal 20 Cinema, and many nice restaurants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or