Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 06:57 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,786,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post

My husband was dead broke when we began dating, but he had an engineering degree and good credit which allowed him to live for the future. It's a different mindset.

so why is your mindset different now than when u met your husband...is it fear of losing what lifestyle you have?...i mean you said he was broke...now when i say im unemployed it feels to me like u are saying i am a bum...even though i was at my job for 5 years and was one of the best workers....does this mean that i have no goals?...are u able to answer that for me?....or am i in charge of my life?....see what im saying...u cant judge a person on thier status at the present time just like you didnt know if your husband would for sure have a job after getting that degree...ive seen people get degrees but when they got out there they found jobs that were way less paying then the school counselor told them when they were selling the student to go to thier school..so what do these people do ...do they spend another 40 thousand on a new career?....everything isnt black and white..my ex girlfriend was studying to be an x-ray tech and i didnt talk with her for like 5 years...she had graduated within that time and i finally talked to her and asked so what happened with that x-ray job...she said they didnt have any openings in that area where she lives...and since she lives at home with her parents and daughter she could not afford to just up and leave town for a chance at finding a position somewheer else...it takes money to move and relocate ...and some people just dont have that kind of money
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Don't get me wrong, it's NOT all about having material possessions, but I wouldn't date or marry someone who couldn't afford to take me out for a cup of coffee--that persons lifestyle is just too radically different from mine, and again, the worlds wouldn't mesh.

One other thing ..when i was employed ..i had money to go to the bar and get some fast food every now and then after i payed rent, car, and bills, but you know what i went out with 2 girls ...two ex girlfriends who were with me when things were good and when things got crappy....the first one was with me when i lived with my mom sharing rent with her and the girl and i had a great time all the time, but my mom lost her job and had to move out of state to be with my brother and his kids because she had no where to go ...and i had to find roommates...

after that happened my girlfriend started acting different when i couldn't afford to take her to olive garden or take her to the movies every week like before...so i told her i didn't see this lasting because i cant afford it....so i was a man working paying bills and being responsible but she didn't want to stick around (her attitude changed) and make it work and maybe use her income to help us grow...so therefore it ended because i saw what she was really after....and the next one i was with about a year later the same thing happened after she lost her job and i moved into her place to help with rent...

now if she would have been able to find work we would have been straight but she couldn't so i payed the rent and bills and my car and barely had food money while she looked for work but she got tired and cheated on me with her ex (which he had money from the military) so that ended.....so what i am saying is it doesn't matter about money in some situations because in both of those if the 2 women i was with would have contributed to help us stay stable then things would have been ok but in the end i found that if u don't have the money to live a certain lifestyle u are screwed nowadays..

and too many women have been programed by their magazines and tv and radio throughout life to see what success is in American culture...look at the folks in Mexico in those towns walking together with raggedy clothing ....they don't care about the same things as American women ...they just wanna be there with their man and support him through everything because of real love nothing more

Old 12-29-2009, 07:20 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,057,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
and too many women have been programed by their magazines and tv and radio throughout life to see what success is in American culture...look at the folks in Mexico in those towns walking together with raggedy clothing ....they don't care about the same things as American women ...they just wanna be there with their man and support him through everything because of real love nothing more
Yes they do, they just have lower standards... Maybe 4 year old raggedy clothing is ok but not 8 year old. Maybe the guy that has only one outfit has less chances that the one that has three. Don't romanticize it. People are people.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Yes they do, they just have lower standards... Maybe 4 year old raggedy clothing is ok but not 8 year old. Maybe the guy that has only one outfit has less chances that the one that has three. Don't romanticize it. People are people.

i guess you're right.....people are sick minded....i mean i was a responsible dude before i lost my job but that didnt matter to the ones i was with and your statement confirms my beliefs and helps me to understand why i would rather be single and live my life being true to my values and morals

Old 12-29-2009, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Is it just me or has Orlando's dating pool suddenly run dry? It seems lately a majority of single women are overweight (a little chubby is fine Im talking obese here), unnattractive or a combo of the two.

I look at a girls personality as well. If a girl isn't intelligent and cant carry on a good conversation and only cares about clothes, celebrity gossip, among ohter dumb things Im not niterested, good looking or not
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Wanting friends with benefits is a bad thing? Just like mongo said, who are you to judge what I want?
You want a fling, "friends with benefits", but she has to look like a hooter's girl and be able to carry a conversation? And on top of that you live with your parents?? I think the person that asked you if you were sure you were a good catch yourself "hit the nail on the head"

Old 12-29-2009, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
You want a fling, "friends with benefits", but she has to look like a hooter's girl and be able to carry a conversation? And on top of that you live with your parents?? I think the person that asked you if you were sure you were a good catch yourself "hit the nail on the head"

i like this "live with your parents" thing...we have been conditioned to think its a bad thing...well there are different types of people who live with thier parents..they arent all scum...lol...how can you even say someone is not worthy if they live with parents?....i mean..i knowmore people right now that have to do that because of this economy andguess what it will be the norm soon because this economy is getting worse with all the outscourcing of jobs...where did u learn that living with parents is wrong?...im not condoning everyone to do it but some people have to and they shouldnt be judged as being lesser than the next person.....so where and who taught you of this idea that living with parents is bad?....its all society conditioning us through tv and radio....study the illuminati and u will see where this all actually comes from

Old 12-29-2009, 07:58 AM

Quote:
i guess you're right.....people are sick minded....i mean i was a responsible dude before i lost my job but that didnt matter to the ones i was with and your statement confirms my beliefs and helps me to understand why i would rather be single and live my life being true to my values and morals
OH please. Some people have bad luck, others attract people like them. I have a feeling DavieJ89 belongs to the second group. An intelligent woman would not date a guy that talks about women in such a condescending manner. First he says most women fat and ugly, then dumb and superficial and finally he just wants to used them and throw them away after he moves. The way he speaks about his friend "Michael" like he is some kind of god also is a red flag.
Quote:
how can you even say someone is not worthy if they live with parents?
In his case it is important, because can only attract superficial women like him.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:02 AM

1,000 posts, read 3,345,996 times
I agree with you...this guy has some growing up to do.

He's coming across (to me at least) that women need to be just short of perfect in looks, intelligence, and all other aspects yet he can be a Publix cashier and living with his parents but that's okay too.

Sorry but you have to give a little to get a little.

P.S. Davie, if you're moving to Nevada, with your attitude towards women and priorities, the Mustang Ranch is still open (and legal) right?

Old 12-29-2009, 08:03 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,017,224 times
Quote:
so why is your mindset different now than when u met your husband...is it fear of losing what lifestyle you have?...i mean you said he was broke...now when i say im unemployed it feels to me like u are saying i am a bum...even though i was at my job for 5 years and was one of the best workers....does this mean that i have no goals?...are u able to answer that for me?....or am i in charge of my life?....see what im saying...u cant judge a person on thier status at the present time just like you didnt know if your husband would for sure have a job after getting that degree...ive seen people get degrees but when they got out there they found jobs that were way less paying then the school counselor told them when they were selling the student to go to thier school..so what do these people do ...do they spend another 40 thousand on a new career?....everything isnt black and white..my ex girlfriend was studying to be an x-ray tech and i didnt talk with her for like 5 years...she had graduated within that time and i finally talked to her and asked so what happened with that x-ray job...she said they didnt have any openings in that area where she lives...and since she lives at home with her parents and daughter she could not afford to just up and leave town for a chance at finding a position somewheer else...it takes money to move and relocate ...and some people just dont have that kind of money
You are missing the point ENTIRELY. He was broke (ie not much cash flow) but not in debt. He had good credit and an engineering degree. He had the tools to succeed in life. (And despite his finances, he had enough cash to buy me a cup of coffee and lived in a decent apartment in a safe neighborhood.) I wouldn't date a guy working in a dead-end job mopping floors who had dropped out of high school and had no prospects in life. That is a person who is not in the same socio-economic group as I am, nor will he probably ever be.

Love isn't everything. I wouldn't be happy living in a studio apartment scraping by, even with someone I loved. I don't need a mansion in Isleworth, but to be happy I need a comfortable home in a nice neighborhood, and enough money to pay my bills every month.

It's not a matter of being materialistic, it's a matter of being honest. How many people living one paycheck from homelessness do you think are truly happy?

And knowing that X-Ray techs are in high demand in some areas, she was a dumbass for not securing a job and moving. She was living at home and could have found a job waittressing or something to save cash to move once she found a career job. I've made several major moves to other states in my life, and it's just not all that expensive to do.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:05 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,017,224 times
Quote:
One other thing ..when i was employed ..i had money to go to the bar and get some fast food every now and then after i payed rent, car, and bills, but you know what i went out with 2 girls ...two ex girlfriends who were with me when things were good and when things got crappy....the first one was with me when i lived with my mom sharing rent with her and the girl and i had a great time all the time, but my mom lost her job and had to move out of state to be with my brother and his kids because she had no where to go ...and i had to find roommates...

after that happened my girlfriend started acting different when i couldn't afford to take her to olive garden or take her to the movies every week like before...so i told her i didn't see this lasting because i cant afford it....so i was a man working paying bills and being responsible but she didn't want to stick around (her attitude changed) and make it work and maybe use her income to help us grow...so therefore it ended because i saw what she was really after....and the next one i was with about a year later the same thing happened after she lost her job and i moved into her place to help with rent...

now if she would have been able to find work we would have been straight but she couldn't so i payed the rent and bills and my car and barely had food money while she looked for work but she got tired and cheated on me with her ex (which he had money from the military) so that ended.....so what i am saying is it doesn't matter about money in some situations because in both of those if the 2 women i was with would have contributed to help us stay stable then things would have been ok but in the end i found that if u don't have the money to live a certain lifestyle u are screwed nowadays..

Wrong, they are stuck in a cycle of poverty, it has nothing to do with "love."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando