Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 06:37 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,529,452 times

Advertisements

Is it just me or has Orlando's dating pool suddenly run dry? There seems to be no more good looking single women in this town who are not stuck up, and the ones who are have a misfiring cylinder or two. It seems lately a majority of single women are overweight (a little chubby is fine Im talking obese here), unnattractive or a combo of the two.

I look at a girls personality as well. If a girl isn't intelligent and cant carry on a good conversation and only cares about clothes, celebrity gossip, among ohter dumb things Im not niterested, good looking or not

But does anybody agree with me that now all the good looking single women in this town are gone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2009, 07:59 PM

1,000 posts, read 3,335,901 times
Wow...how are you so sure you're such a great catch yourself?

Old 12-25-2009, 08:28 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,850,711 times
The thing I've noticed about women in Orlando, at least, where I'm at, is that there does seem to be a fair share of "stuck up" or "snobby" women, and I'm not really sure why. You'd think Orlando is Beverly Hills or something sometimes by the way they act/behave towards others.

I do see a fair share of attractive women where I live, but they seem to be more interested in material things and expensive cars when looking for potential mates. I'm married, so not looking, but I've seen males that are not as attractive as I am (I'm just saying), and whatnot, but since I drive a truck (even though it may be more expensive than some "expensive looking" cars) and have a tattoo from my shoulder to almost my elbow, maybe it appears that I'm not rich or paid well. I dont know. I know a lot of the women where I work out are intersted in what kind of cars eachother's husbands drive, and stuff like that. Very materialistic and snobby, and not sure why. Maybe they think they're in Beverly Hills or something, I dunno, but it's Orlando for cryin' out loud, LOL.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinsMama View Post
Wow...how are you so sure you're such a great catch yourself?
Idk, women are usually very cold hearted and snobby towards me

I dont even bother looking anymore. I really don't think that it's worth the time and effort anymore. Most girls just want to mind**** guys and be sexually frigid as they tease men.

i take the Al Bundy approach now. Never get married, never have kids

I dont need the drama, my life hellacious enough

I figure Id be a good catch. Even though I lvie at home I have a decent job, a nice car, and goals in life, so I dont see why so many women hate me

I give up on dating realtionships and love. I am involuntarily celibate because of women and their heartless ways

Old 12-25-2009, 09:45 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,655,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
The thing I've noticed about women in Orlando, at least, where I'm at, is that there does seem to be a fair share of "stuck up" or "snobby" women, and I'm not really sure why. You'd think Orlando is Beverly Hills or something sometimes by the way they act/behave towards others.

I do see a fair share of attractive women where I live, but they seem to be more interested in material things and expensive cars when looking for potential mates. I'm married, so not looking, but I've seen males that are not as attractive as I am (I'm just saying), and whatnot, but since I drive a truck (even though it may be more expensive than some "expensive looking" cars) and have a tattoo from my shoulder to almost my elbow, maybe it appears that I'm not rich or paid well. I dont know. I know a lot of the women where I work out are intersted in what kind of cars eachother's husbands drive, and stuff like that. Very materialistic and snobby, and not sure why. Maybe they think they're in Beverly Hills or something, I dunno, but it's Orlando for cryin' out loud, LOL.
Your right, most of the girls here (in the waterford lakes/avalon park/ucf area) are high class acting/snobby like that, its kind of annoying. I think they really don't even care about what state or city they're in, all they care about is that they have those materialistic items and luxuries.. But there are still a lot of down to earth girls too, I've met plenty of "friendly" girls here LOL

Old 12-25-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
Your right, most of the girls here (in the waterford lakes/avalon park/ucf area) are high class acting/snobby like that, its kind of annoying. I think they really don't even care about what state or city they're in, all they care about is that they have those materialistic items and luxuries.. But there are still a lot of down to earth girls too, I've met plenty of "friendly" girls here LOL
Hunter's Creek is the same way. Girls seem to want guys who are living a premium lifestyle, a lot of guys try and fail at this. My car has one missing hubcap and a date saw taht and said she doesnt dated guyes who "have ****ed up cars"

its 1 damn hubcap get over it! i often find the car i drive is better then what others in their 40s drive. i did great for a first car

Old 12-25-2009, 10:35 PM

331 posts, read 1,049,238 times
I could easily say some things about my experience with guys in the Orlando but I think it would come off as more of a rant than anything else. I have had extremely bad luck for the past few years with dating here. I consider myself a down to earth, friendly girl and find guys that are only interested in one thing...you would think that at 25 and older guys would be more interested in a real relationship. But as GLS2010, said before I think people are just they way they are no matter what location they are in. Guys are going to be players and girls are going to be snobby and materialistic. Maybe you are just going through a rough patch, don't give up, I haven't

Old 12-26-2009, 06:55 AM

26,585 posts, read 61,874,587 times
Live at home=Not a guy to be interested in.

Sorry, but unless you're only 18 or still in college, women aren't interested in a guy that lives home with his parents. I'm old enough to be your mother, but still remember being your age--guys who lived at home were generally losers. (Not implying you are, but that's going to be the concensus of opinion.)

PS--Get a hubcap--they aren't that expensive and they do make a big difference in how your car appears. Not just for dating, but for everything in life. You don't need to drive exensive cars, wear designer clothes, etc, but you'll get a lot more respect if you look neat and well cared for--your car, clothes, hair, everything.

Old 12-26-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Live at home=Not a guy to be interested in.

Sorry, but unless you're only 18 or still in college, women aren't interested in a guy that lives home with his parents. I'm old enough to be your mother, but still remember being your age--guys who lived at home were generally losers. (Not implying you are, but that's going to be the concensus of opinion.)

PS--Get a hubcap--they aren't that expensive and they do make a big difference in how your car appears. Not just for dating, but for everything in life. You don't need to drive exensive cars, wear designer clothes, etc, but you'll get a lot more respect if you look neat and well cared for--your car, clothes, hair, everything.
Thanks for not implying Im a loser (girls imply that daily) My living situation was beyond my control, I lost a lot of hours at work and was forced out of the house I was sharing, so Im at my parents place now and am actually saving money to move to a whole other state on my own and attend college! or at least Im trying, so I do have goals in mind

My car has alloy wheels and I was given a generic black one as a replacement that fit the tire. The original alloy wheel was cracked and bent and needed to be replaced, I do not have $240 for a replacement rim, also btw I cannot find a hubcap that looks similar. This is my cars only blemish. I keep my car spotless otherwise, inside and out,wash and wax once a week, vaccuum once a month, spray new car scent regularly, etc. Im drivng a 7 year old brand new car. If you dont get that it means my car despite its age and miles (70k) it drives and looks (wheel excepted) as if it has just come off the lot. My car is maintained by the dealer standards to a tee.

My room is also kept very clean and organized for the most part and is a stark change compared to the way my parents are organized (which is not at all) if you were to come to our house

So with the exception of living at home, I dont see what the problem is girls have with me. But the word "yes" is almost foreign to me

Old 12-26-2009, 05:26 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,850,711 times
Hang in there Davie89. Dont worry about these materialistic girls. They're all from NY, Connecticut or Massachusetts anyway. Go up to GA, NC or TN and get you one of those fine southern girls, and believe me, they are a HE// of a lot nicer (in general) than the plastic rude ones here in FL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando