U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2007, 04:13 PM

21 posts, read 204,181 times

Advertisements

So I am currently living in an apartment near UCF. My lease is going to be up at the end of August, so I decided that it is time for me to buy a house.

I work near UCF and am looking to live at most ~30 minutes away. I am looking to spend under 200k for a 3/2/2, 1990 or newer, 1400+ sq feet. I also would prefer it if I had a decent size yard (around 10k sq ft).

I am having a hard time finding anything that meets this category other than Deltona. I am wondering if I am overlooking any other areas? I have looked at Sanford too, but haven't seen much under 200k.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2007, 09:40 PM

2 posts, read 4,332 times
Have you looked into the Down Payment Assistance Programs through Orange County to get the price of the house down? Call me if you have any questions about it and I'll send you the information I have. Deena Carvajal 407-963-9894.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:20 PM

21 posts, read 204,181 times
Thanks for the response. Were you talking about this here:
http://www.orangecountyfl.net/cms/DEPT/growth/housing/programs/afford.htm#DPA (broken link) ?
If so, yes, and unfortunately I make a little bit more than the 120% of the area's median income.

Also this stipulation would make it hard: # Not exceed a sales price of $211,500.

Old 05-26-2007, 12:45 PM

7 posts, read 17,158 times
If you are looking for an affordable home you must find a distress realistic seller.

It is like finding a needle in a haystack. But guess what the needle is there and you will find it if you keep looking.

I think you should use a 3 step system. This is not for the faint of heart buyer or lazy buyer. You will have to work. It's like digging for diamonds. its dirty there's alot of crap. And you will find it if you keep digging.

1. Pick the zip code or area you want to live in (Be Modest and realistic). Especially if it's your first home. Where you would feel comfortable ( safe and secure) living in. That's your haystack.

2. A buyer's realtor could help you alot with this part. Or you can do it your self. Go to realtrac.com or Defaultresearch.com and sign up to receive pre foreclosure lists and reo list means (bank owned) properties. These are list of people going into foreclosure. 98% of them do not initially want to sell their homes. So what you do is write each one a standard letter that you are interested in buying their home to live in and that you are not an investor. With default research you can actually get phone numbers of the owners. Call and ask for the owner an tell them that you are interested in purchasing their home to live in and you are not an investor. If they are interested in selling it. Make an appt to meet them at their house. Make your offer in their presence. In person offers are 10 times stronger than over the phone or fax or computer.

3.Then drive in the neighborhood every house you see for sale. Put an offer on. Make the offer 10k below your max price you can do. A buyer's realtor (means realtor that SPECIALIZES IN buyers.) can send in the offers for you. Remember the realtor works for you. You are the boss. Accept their advice but do what I tell you. Someone will counter offer. Once they counter you got them. Go see the inside of the house !!!!!!! Only after a counter.

3. Your diamond will have some rough edges. That's why you got it at a great price. Polish it up and you'll be ecstatic and telling your friends about the great deal you got on your house. And they will be jealous as hell!!!!

I am a realtor and investor
I’ve done this for years

I know it’s unconventional and out the box.

But that’s how the supposedly impossible is done.

Ashman07
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: