U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 03:31 PM

2,227 posts, read 7,197,694 times

Advertisements

nooooo....the women in avalon park are goooood loookin. lots of hotties in avalon park. trust me.

divorced women with 3 kids and overweight? no. maybe some divorced, maybe some with 3 kids, but most are not over-weight. many of them are gorgeous women --- of all ages too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2007, 04:06 PM

82 posts, read 207,382 times
I figured so...I know a drop dead one who is already out there. There can't just all be overweight moms...too much money out there = moms and girls that stay fit.

So where do you go to meet them? Any places in Avalon? Or do they all just head downtown or Waterford?

Old 05-24-2007, 04:17 PM

2,227 posts, read 7,197,694 times
i'm married myself, but even my wife thinks the women out here are hot. we dont live IN avalon park though. just go to publix and it is ........ everywhere.

whoever said they were overweight is rediculous. there may be a few, but not many. believe me.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:46 PM

1,683 posts, read 7,249,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORLguy View Post
Pianogal I saw some other posts you have made and it seems you may have lived in Winter Park too. I am currently a block off Park Ave.

So how was the transition from Winter Park to Eastside Orlando for you? Do you like it out there or do you miss WP?

I work in Baldwin Park..do the Corrine drive commute right now....easy stuff. The money I save moving to Avalon (a very nice place to boot) makes the inconvenience not so bad.
It's a give and take. We built a new home in east Orlando - anything comparable in Winter Park would have been 1 Mil+. We are on a decent size lot with several miles of woods around us - only 1 close neighbor. We love the peace and solitude, watching the animals in the woods, etc.

The things we miss are the convenience of being near our doctors, shopping and church. So, basically it's what is most important to you. We enjoy the home, pool and woods everyday - the weekends are like being at a resort without ever having to leave home....to us it's more than worth it.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:58 PM

Sounds good.

I am trying to figure out if I should take 50 to get there from Baldwin Park or 408.

it's 13 miles from my job..not bad at all.

Also, Is it better to take avalon drive to 50 to 408 to get downtown? Or Alafaya to 408?

Old 05-24-2007, 10:24 PM

1,683 posts, read 7,249,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORLguy View Post
Sounds good.

I am trying to figure out if I should take 50 to get there from Baldwin Park or 408.

it's 13 miles from my job..not bad at all.

Also, Is it better to take avalon drive to 50 to 408 to get downtown? Or Alafaya to 408?
You said you didn't have to be at work until 10:00 right? If so, you will probably make excellent time on the 408. I would take Alafaya to the 408...should be a straight shot depending on where in Avalon Park you are located.

You can try 50 - it varies...sometimes it's backed up with traffic coming over from the coast...most of the time it's OK in the mornings - I think the evenings would be your worst traffic heading east on 50 - BUT by the time you are going home the worst of it should be over.

We built in a smaller community between Vista Lakes and Lake Nona. We liked Avalon alot and also the Engle Community - Cypress Lakes that is nearby - but the traffic on 50 is what concerned us. Perhaps someone who actually lives in Avalon Park can give you a better idea of what it's like during the hours you will be commuting.

My route is this....

In the mornings...Narcoosee to Econ to Curry Ford to 436 to 50 and into town. I try to leave home before 7:00 AM and it usually takes about 25-30 minutes. In the afternoons I take 50 to Bumby to 408 or 50 to Mills to 408, then 408 to 417 and get off on Curry Ford. It takes about 20 minutes consistently. For some reason the 408 tends to get back up in the mornings going into town, but not so much in the afternoons going back home headed east. I usually get on it between 4:30 and 5:00.

Good Luck!

Old 05-25-2007, 11:18 AM

47 posts, read 253,962 times
I live in Waterford Lakes. I think that getting out of Avalon Park every morning is a bit of an effort since Alafaya Trail from Avalon Park to Curry Ford is a one-lane deal. You can take the back exit to 50 but I'm not certain if it is any better. 50 from Avalon Park to Baldwin Park will have a lot of traffic lights, so it may not be the most enjoyable drive on a daily basis. I actually try to avoid 50 as mush as I can, anytime of the day. I work by OIA and am lucky that I do not have to venture on 50.

Since you say 10AM is your start time for work, it is likely that you will miss the AM rush hour and the traffic will not be as bad.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:26 AM

ok..thanks a lot guys. I am going to drive it out today. It seems like Avalon drive is quicker to the house. If I take alafaya I have to wrap around the bottom and come back. But I will do both and see.

The lights on 50 will drive me insane. I will definitely get on 408 either from 50 or from alafaya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando