Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 01:54 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,946,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Oops, those 6 yrs in college didnt teach me how to spell "bizarre" correctly! Darn it! LOL!
Cognitive in nature, i.e, a Freudian slip

Old 01-10-2010, 02:39 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
Thats bull ****. Theres no way you could see all those incidents in a matter of a week or two. I never seen all those incidents in my who life of living in east orlando, east orlando isn't even bad compared to the tourist areas of orlando and I-4.. You exaggerate way to much man.
You said in one your posts your'e 18 yrs old. You have never lived anywhere else.

You haven't even been driving that long.

I have lived in 4 states and been driving over 30 yrs( including 20 in Southern CA)....I have never seen so many bad drivers as there are here.

You get the 80 yrs olds doing 30 mph in the left hand lane and they refuse you to move over. In most states if a cop sees that you get a ticket.

Then you have the poorly trained FL driver who took their road test in a parking lot

And what is the deal with making a Honda Civic a race car. In most places people pay money to keep their cars quite not make more noise.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:03 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
Asheville NC is a lot smaller than the Orlando area. Like i said, drivers in metro Orlando aren't noticeably worse than in any other 2 million + metro areas across the US, Ive driven in other 2 million + metros and it isn't much different. You make it seem like Orlando is some circus town unlike any other in the US, which is false, try driving in the North East. This thread isn't helpful in any way to an on looker. There is really no point for it. who cares if other people notice bad drivers. I think everyone in this world who drives in populated areas have notice bad drivers.

Asheville is a lot bigger than my surrounding area. I dont have to compare Asheville to the entire Orlando metro. I'm talking about just the AP/WL areas.

Old 01-10-2010, 04:15 PM

429 posts, read 1,104,302 times
i'm amazed you are still able to get enough people to argue with you over the drivers here. I mean, seriously, what is it weekly someone makes a post here about bad drivers? Try going to different parts of the US, you will see bad driving everywhere. These threads are a waste of space on this message board, lol.
Again, as i've said before... so far I haven't seen the driving in Florida to be worse than anywhere else (for me thats upstate NY, NYC/NJ are and Southern California), but I will be the first to say if it gets that bad for me, I just dont' see how it can be. Also, I have been driving for about 13 years , if you want to try to say I haven't driven long enough.. but seriously, can we find NEW things to try to complain about? lol. At least the arguments about traffic, good/bad schools, crime, etc can be proven one way or another.

Old 01-10-2010, 05:10 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Asheville is a lot bigger than my surrounding area. I dont have to compare Asheville to the entire Orlando metro. I'm talking about just the AP/WL areas.
AP/WL isnt its own place. Its a section of metro orlando. that gets drivers from all over the metro area. Thats like saying my part of NYC should feel like a small town because my part of NYC is smaller than Ashville NC. Doesnt work that way man.

Old 01-10-2010, 06:05 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
You said in one your posts your'e 18 yrs old. You have never lived anywhere else.

I have lived in 4 states and been driving over 30 yrs( including 20 in Southern CA)....I have never seen so many bad drivers as there are here.

You get the 80 yrs olds doing 30 mph in the left hand lane and they refuse you to move over. In most states if a cop sees that you get a ticket.

Then you have the poorly trained FL driver who took their road test in a parking lot

And what is the deal with making a Honda Civic a race car. In most places people pay money to keep their cars quite not make more noise.
I've been driving as long, if not longer, and have also lived in four states and driven in all 48 lower, and have to say that I've seen just as much bad driving pretty much everywhere. Had a car come at me the wrong way on an Interstate entrance ramp in CT. Had a crazy ass drunk pull away from the pump with the nozzle still in the tank and run into me in OR. And people wiping out in SC because there's half an inch of snow on the ground.

FL isn't alone with the whole Honda Civic thing--I guess you've never been to NJ.

Up until maybe 15 years ago there was no road test to get a CDL in TN! (Talk about scary!)

Bottom line, there are bad drivers everywhere, and there are no more here in the Orlando area than in any other state.

Old 01-10-2010, 06:46 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post

But in the last 2 years i have driven in Long Island and San Diego. It wasn't different from driving in Orlando at all.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:32 PM

200 posts, read 538,226 times
Believe it or not, several people have told me that they've driven in other states ticket-free for decades then moved to Florida and suddenly began to get tickets. I think Florida cops do write a lot of tickets and that is a good thing. I wish they would write MORE tickets and have higher fines for uninsured drivers.

I think the most bizarre recent accident was where a 14-year old girl was driving her Jacksonville family on International Drive and crashed into a pond.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:35 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
Ok, so we came to the conclusion that driving in Orlando isnt as bad as NJ, Los Angeles, and NYC. I feel so much better now. And Orlando's crime isnt as bad as Newark's, Detroit's or Chicago's either. I'm going to ask around on the 'city vs city' forum how bad folks think it is in Orlando, or maybe there already is one.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:20 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I've been driving as long, if not longer, and have also lived in four states and driven in all 48 lower, and have to say that I've seen just as much bad driving pretty much everywhere. Had a car come at me the wrong way on an Interstate entrance ramp in CT. Had a crazy ass drunk pull away from the pump with the nozzle still in the tank and run into me in OR. And people wiping out in SC because there's half an inch of snow on the ground.

FL isn't alone with the whole Honda Civic thing--I guess you've never been to NJ.

Up until maybe 15 years ago there was no road test to get a CDL in TN! (Talk about scary!)

Bottom line, there are bad drivers everywhere, and there are no more here in the Orlando area than in any other state.
Seriously all the Honda Civics are getting annoying. Well they got annoying right after people took the mufflers off and made them sound really loud and fast. They're not

I had some guy in a 1996 Honda Civic race me once, he couldnt hold a candle to my uncustomized 2003 Nissan Altima! WOOT! WOOT!

BTW annerk I read you post about the driver going the wrong way in CT, what part did it happen in? Im from CT so Im just curious. Lots of Honda Civics there too especially in Waterbury, Bridgeport, New Haven, and Hartford
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando